AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 17th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Where can i see the replay?
If you are using content manager, then go to the 'media' section and you'll find a list. Be warned, the default settings tend to mean things get overwritten quite quickly and it also will not have stored the entire race. The entire replay logic is a bit quirky tbh and I have found you need to halve the sample rate as well as increase the time to get the replay for an hour long race

Also, everybody praise LoadCell up and down, but I don't find that consistency with them. I actually feel like I am slower with the new gear. Did someone experience that also?

I never had to switch directly to load cell, i used a non-load cell setup a few years back for a year or so in iRacing and then sold it all and took a break, then bought all new gear just before xmas with a load cell to start racing again. Don't know if its load cell or switching from an office chair/desk setup to a proper cockpit but I feel like i can drive much more consistently now.

Last edited:
I would like to inform all that am fully recovered from my ordeal and have set off on my milk round this morning.

Benny_ernie.jpg
:)

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Great to see so many great battles during the race. This week we're at the Nürburgring, which is simply a classic in any configuration. We'll be racing at the GP circuit, which has lots of opportunities to extract the most out of the car if you dare. Come join us for 60 minutes of racing action!

Another one of those races at the start again... But I finished the race and so still had fun out there!

Got caught up in turn 1 mess with a car sat in the middle of the road sideways and I couldn't react in time to avoid him.
Recovered from that then shortly after, I got tapped off track from behind.

After that, spent some time getting back up to my starting position P14. Only gained some more positions after that through pitstops lol
Still enjoyed this race!

Sorry guys I didn't have a mic. Usually do, but just got a new headphone amp (which is much better than my old one) and didn't realize until I opened up TS and couldn't assign the mic on my headphones anymore. Guess I'll look for a cheapo usb or 3.5m mic on amazon. So I couldn't respond to some of you, I wasn't ignoring you lol

My own miscommunication on final lap cost me the battle for P12 lol. I lifted to let Chris lap me even though I was in a battle. If I had a mic, I would have BEGGED Chris to please let us battle for P12 lol.
But its all good man, appreciate the offer though.

Contrats to @Chris Down for the win and podiums! This was fun, liking the number of sign ups to kick off the new year.

Also, everybody praises LoadCell up and down, but I don't find that consistency with them. I actually feel like I am slower with the new gear. Did someone experience that also?

I absolutely love my load cell. Didn't take me too long to get used to them.
When switching from a car with ABS to one without, I usually have to adjust either in game brake top end limit/travel, or adjust the brake pressure/force in the TLCM software.

Cars with ABS, you can mash the brakes 100% (of course back off gradually after initial braking). So because I need to hit 100% breaking, I shorten the top end of the brake pedal travel/limit in the in-game settings OR in the TLCM software I can also decrease the amount of physical braking force/pressure needed to hit 100% without straining my leg. If this isn't done, then my leg gets strained and starts to hurt which results in me not really using 100% breaking and that leads me to unwanted extended breaking distances and non consistent breaking points.

Cars without ABS, I never go 100% breaking (for emergency breaking, I do hit or close to 100% but very briefly then modulate), so I use all that heavy pressure from the load cell to "lean on" when modulating the break around 30-60% depending on the corner. That heavy pressure i'm taking about is the point where the load cell becomes really hard to push. Before about 60% of break pressure, I find it comfortable and easy to hold the beaks at 30-60% percent coming from top speeds under braking without locking. Without a load cell, I always locked the breaks or couldn't find a consistent breaking point because I found it very difficult to be driving at top speed, jump on the breaks "calmly," and find that breaking threshold without locking up. With a load cell, using only muscle memory, I hardly think about it and just apply as much breaking needed.

The amount of times I've had to suddenly but quickly slow the car down right behind the car in front and get/stay really close without incident, not even a touch. With the load cell, I have so much more confidence.

Also, everybody praises LoadCell up and down, but I don't find that consistency with them. I actually feel like I am slower with the new gear. Did someone experience that also?

I switched from the CSL Elite to the Clubsport V3. I needed some time to configure the pedals, specially the break software and hardware wise.
In my initial tests, I was first 1-2 seconds slower on my got to track (Imola). After about two hours I was able to reach the same lap times, and found myself hitting more consistent times. Even got a new PB a week later although, my wheel is just clamped on my office desk and I am sitting in an office chair and the pedals are just on the carpet held in place with a wooden block between the pedals and wall :)

On non ABS cars I also found them better and more predictable cause of the pressure I have to apply rather then remembering how far the pedal moved. However, I needed like two weeks of practice to gain a decent level of confident with the new pedals and now I wouldnt switch back.

But I have also heard from others that they simply cant get a grasp on loadcell pedals and are more comfortable with the "standard" ones. For me it was a good decision to switch, but your experience might be different. I also would say give it a bit more time, and maybe its just and adjustment thing.

My own miscommunication on final lap cost me the battle for P12 lol. I lifted to let Chris lap me even though I was in a battle. If I had a mic, I would have BEGGED Chris to please let us battle for P12 lol.

Oh, I guess there was some miscommunication -- I said to you folks not to worry and just keep battling, but then you took a very shallow line into the chicane so I thought you were trying to let me by :)

Last edited:
@GeekyDeaks
watched your replay, nice to get another perspective of the race, yes I know I can from my replay, just not the same.
You can become too self-obsessed with this malarky, so I say again another perspective is refreshing.
Nice drive by the way, you had some great battles.:thumbsup:
Boy, do I envy your first two corners of the race. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
Last edited:
You must have downloaded some sort of weather app, unknowingly it
Is running without your knowledge.
In fact I did not even know such things were possible in AC. :unsure:
It's "custom shaders patch" and probably SOL.
AC got rain, snow and night, fully dynamic with these two things.
It's all pretty "fake" though compared to acc or pcars2. But it's awesome!

Do you think the replay application doesn't take into account timezones? that might explain why it's dark now, but when running on the server during the race it was ok?

Do you think the replay application doesn't take into account timezones? that might explain why it's dark now, but when running on the server during the race it was ok?
I'll check in the next hours.
I have csp, sol etc all on the latest version. Have weather and seasonal stuff disabled but I'll check how it looks like without it and if I switch both on!

The bit I was really curious about was the fact it was at night. I could only think that this was due to the time contained in the replay was not being applied correctly based on the timezone of the PC and the location of the track. In this instance it would almost be like the time in the replay is being used as local time on Frank's PC, which would make it evening in the UK. Just guessing really

Just found this:
Had a go, it's not vr related (why should it hehe).
When launching your replay, the SOL app states: 2021-05-03 , 00:00

And.. thunderstorm :roflmao:

I could change the time but the weather didn't want to change when I clicked on the "static weather" settings...
Thunderstorm looks nice anyway... Even got reflections on the cars for the lightnings!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%