AC GT3 @ Silverstone GP - Friday 12th June 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Chris

Premium
GT3.jpg

Friday night is GT Night!

This Friday we chuck the GT3 cars around some of the best corners in the world! So, Invite your friends by tagging them with the '@' and see if you're up for the challenge!
  • If you can't book in time please make sure you sign out before 19:00 AEST.
  • Password is sent via TeamSpeak.
  • Minimum number of sign ups required for event to go ahead: 8
  • TC /ABS: Factory | Stability Control: OFF | Damage: 100% | Penalties: OFF

Cars:

• BMW Z4 GT3
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3
  • Mercedes SLS GT3
  • Nissan NISMO GTR GT3
Track: Silverstone GP

Booking: 20:00 AEST (30 mins)
Practice:
20:30 AEST (30 mins)
Qualifying:
21:00 AEST (15 mins)
Race:
21:15 AEST (25 laps) - Mandatory Pitstop

Racing Club Rules: click here
Teamspeak Password:click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here

Our racing clubs are first and foremost meant for gaining online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's not about who wins. FUN IS KING!

Entry List:
  1. Chris Stacey
  2. MG
  3. evo2rs
  4. Sniper
  5. Jeremy Talbot
  6. Casper (Pre-book)
  7. Justin
  8. kedy89
  9. Nick10
  10. NZFez
  11. Evan Spall
  12. Matt Bailey (Pre-Book)
  13. Sun Levi
  14. Vacant
  15. Vacant
  16. Vacant
  17. Vacant
  18. Vacant
  19. Vacant
  20. Vacant
  21. Vacant
  22. Vacant
  23. Vacant
  24. Vacant

Last edited:
Is it ok for me to run in this event Chris? If so could you please put my name down thanks. If not, could you show me the proper way to do it please? I still have not "booked" a place on a server as yet so i may need some help to do that as well please :redface:.
On another note, would you happen to know when the next Premium Driving Academy for AC will be held? Sems i got myself a 90 minute sesion with a live tutor...WOW :thumbsup: very very cool stuff :D.

Is it ok for me to run in this event Chris? If so could you please put my name down thanks. If not, could you show me the proper way to do it please? I still have not "booked" a place on a server as yet so i may need some help to do that as well please :redface:.
On another note, would you happen to know when the next Premium Driving Academy for AC will be held? Sems i got myself a 90 minute sesion with a live tutor...WOW :thumbsup: very very cool stuff :D.
Of course it's okay mate :)
The booking system is contained within Assetto Corsa once the server is booted up. So you won't be able to book in to the server until 20:00 AEST on Friday night.

When you sign up for club events here on RD, you simply post "Sign me up!", or something to that effect, and then I'll add your name to the entry list.

About the premium driver academy, Bram typically runs those at a European time, so it would mean you'd wake up at an ungodly hour. So it may not be the most viable option. So, I have received requests from a few drivers already here in the Aussie club to do a driving tuition session sometime soon, and I'll be more than happy to help you learn the basics of racing with RD and Assetto Corsa :)

I have some more questions regarding this event Chris :rolleyes:...what are the in game settings please ie what condition is the track (dusty, dirty, slow, green etc) what time of day is the race (in game) weather in game and all the other settings so i can practice to the settings please mate ;) I havnt made up my mind yet on which car to use...is there a time in which i have to choose by? :whistling:It will be most likely the McLaren but have not 100% decided yet as i havnt tested the others except the Z4. Iam sure i will have more questions before Friday mate :thumbsup: Also, thanks for your help so far and your offer to tutor the Aussie driving school, it will be greatly appreciated by all here iam sure :coffee:.

what are the in game settings please ie what condition is the track (dusty, dirty, slow, green etc)
The track will start at 93% which is the equivalent to Green.

what time of day is the race (in game)
14:00

Clear. Assetto Corsa only supports clear and 26C in MP at the moment. Hopefully this will change soon :)

is there a time in which i have to choose by?
Nope, just drive which ever car you like.

and all the other settings so i can practice to the settings please mate
Don't worry too much about all the settings as club racing is just for fun :)
However, just for future reference, all of our club races will run with the cars at Factory settings, so if they have traction control in real life, then it will have traction control in game. These settings can be turned off as well with Ctrl+A for ABS and Ctrl+T for traction control.

Stability control will always be turned off.

Thanks for that info Chris :) will there be any GT3 Leagues starting anytime soon?
Well, we were planning to have a Blancpain Endurance styled league with AC, however it's been put on hold until Assetto Corsa develops and improves it's multiplayer abilities. At the moment the game is too restricted to be able to run an Endurance series well.

Hmmm, i thought that AC supported variable weather conditions like GTR and GTR2..oh well hopefully next patch. The weather in the original GTR was insanely good, i hope they use something like that. EDIT...will most likely be using the McLaren.

Last edited:
I am interested, would have to be pre-booked and would probably miss the majority of practice and quali.
But I need more run time on Silverstone (I suck so much at it) and would probably like to get helicorsa working properly

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%