AC GT3 @ Sachsenring - Sunday 26th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Sunday 19th of September we're off to Sachsenring, for some GT3 racing action and you are invited to join!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, race servers and discord can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Don't know the track, need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5/Audi TT cup car multi-class on the preceding Wednesday at the same track. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Sachsenring-2003.e7e231eb0eb3517cceec51959ed50392.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST (19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars: DLC is required for this event

Event details:
  • Track: Sachsenring, Germany
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 60 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Damage: 10%
  • Jump Start: Drive through
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the throttle pinned and pull back on track.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

@HF2000 Han has kindly tested the jump start config option tonight.

From now on if you jump the lights you will get a drive through penalty.

Ignore the fact it says teleport on s.gp...

It was obvious that you had a penalty to serve Han? A message at the top of the screen or something clear?

Last edited:
@HF2000 Han has kindly tested the jump start config option tonight.

From now on if you jump the lights you will get a drive through penalty.

Ignore the fact it says teleport on s.gp...

It was obvious that you had a penalty to serve Han? A message at the top of the screen or something clear?
Hmm, I don't know if I saw a message but I didn't get teleported to the pits (like last Sunday) and the crew chief said I had a drive thru penalty and two laps left to serve it.

Last edited:
Hey guys. This is a really tough circuit. I practiced it in the TT, but had to drop out of that race. I'm working towards a setup I like in the GT3, and my consistency is improving slightly, but idk if I'll do the race.
thisbit.JPG

This bit especially. Let's call it the tiny cock and swinging bollocks, or old man's genitals. I hate this bit.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I also have to skip this one. Just got a new big project incoming together with a second one on the horizon.
Leaving me with no real time t practice, I have to stick to the tracks I already know for now.
Hope at the end of the year my schedule is not as packed, so I can do more racing again.

Wow that one took some concentration!

I felt I had the pace tonight but I wasted 7 or 8 seconds in the pit lane when I realised I had the wrong strategy set just before I pulled into the box and had to quickly fiddle in VR with gloves on. That meant I came out now behind Ernie and Hape who I just couldn't get past, good fun trying though, nice defence.

About 40 races here now and that is my first pole position and first GT3 podium. :D

Congratulations Ernie and @Interslice thanks for organising

Last edited:
i think not much happened here for most, followed Tim and Hape, no mistakes from either of them.
Just relied on an undercut, which worked well for me, why it did, I do not have a clue why..
Conrad was in there too, I assumed he was on softs , as the laps went by he seemed to started struggling a bit?
The only thing was me thanking everyone who put them selves out for us three.
Only to find out my Mic was not on, bugger.
well done to @Interslice Brian for the organisation, pity there was not a bigger field.:)

PS well done Tim for your pole.:)

Last edited:
Good race. A little boring, but nice clean all around it seems. I know I had more pace, but I couldn't stay focused. I was falling asleep near the end. The radio was very quiet. Car felt good. I can't remember what I was thinking about now. Anyway looking forward to the next one.

Nice race! I never really got to the pace of the course but it was enjoyable trying to keep it on track and get as high up the field as i could, after qualifying near the back. Getting spun by han's spinning GT-R didn't help, I think i knocked him back on course in the process :roflmao: . Took a risk sueezing inside his fish tailing nissan... but you have to take a chance sometimes. Nissans were tricky to overtake as usual!

Had some good battles with conrad and @Programmer_Rich. Heartbreaking stuff for paul at the end to loose the 3 spots. I was sweating from the effort to get there! Luckily got past conrad into the last corner when he got wobbly on the entry kerb with about 10 minutes left, he pushed me all the way to the finish afterwards.

Congrats to @Kek700 @hape and @Fiberoptix for the podium spots.
See you all next week :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice race indeed. Interesting event without aliens. But I think the 650s is very dominant here with its great cornering speed. I couldn't compensate that on the straights. And the Z4 was also competative here seeing Paul's laptimes (@Shed 17 great defending on those worn tyres in the last laps, Paul :thumbsup: ). Pity you lost another two places in the last lap. you deserved better (and so did Lando).

Thanks all for joining and racing very clean and respectful. Congrats to the podium.

And I could use some more participants for the try out event on Tuesday. So if you have some time and you want to help me, please pick a car and register. https://beta.simracing.gp/events/nUuhFf3shazX24qGhdBei

Thanks Han,:thumbsup: @HF2000, I was pleased with the overall performance and lap times. It was a risk trying to do the whole race on the same mediums but the race went on one lap too far for me and the tyres were wrecked by then. Information banked for the next time we race here. :)

But great fun despite having to hang on in the closing laps and it was good being able to race competitively, have the battle with the 'Orange brick':D and see the leaders in the early laps.

Well done to the podium guys and thanks to Brian for setting it up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%