AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta, Sunday 21st March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I didn't look properly*. I thought it was the same car & because I didn't particularly enjoy the last race @ Zanvoort (a track I like), I might've even be doing a disservice to the Audi TT RS (VLN). Maybe it was the lack of a decent setup or/& practice.

*Edit: I wasn't aware that you were also testing possible cars, I thought the object was to test the championship mode in simracing.gp - I wouldn't have been as forthcoming with my biased opinion about the Audi.
The testing of the car is not the main purpose but I thought I could use the opportunity to combine it.

This is an other Audi TT version then last week but you don't like this one either?
I'd like to try this version to see if it's a good car to fill in the gap between the MX5Cup and the GT3's.

I agree with you that the Audi TT RS(VLN) from last week wasn't a joy to ride.
For what my opinion on the matter is worth....I didn’t mind it too much. I think I would have had a better time if I hadn’t of set the gearing too low causing massive time loss on the start/finish. Personal problems aside, I think this is a great idea to have “stepping stones” throughout the week leading to the Sunday race. It makes an already immersive game even more of an experience. :)

For what my opinion on the matter is worth....I didn’t mind it too much. I think I would have had a better time if I hadn’t of set the gearing too low causing massive time loss on the start/finish. Personal problems aside, I think this is a great idea to have “stepping stones” throughout the week leading to the Sunday race. It makes an already immersive game even more of an experience. :)
Hi Logan. Glad you like it :) . I would value your opinion on the Audi TT Cup for that. If you can, please join us on Thursday for the test for the reverse grid format. I have only 5 drivers so far and for a real test for the format, 10 to 15 participants would be great. Also it seems that the s.gp servers don't start with less than 6 registered drivers.

Last edited:
Guys,

I've set up a another test for the 2x 25min format with reverse grid. I could use drivers to help testing this. It can be found as a Championship at s.gp for Thursday .

It's also on the Calendar with a link.
ATM it's very unlikely I can make it this time. :cry: But if things change, I might jump in as long as sign ups are possible.

@HF2000 I feel you might have a look into the following: The second event is only configured with a race session. But shouldn't it have a short practice session before the race, which slightly overlaps the first event so people can switch servers in this periode? Is it possible to join a SGP event in a race session at all?

Example for my suggestion:
Let's say the first race is expected to end at about 21:20 (UTC). So why not start event 2 at 21:15 with 10 mins practice, followed by the race. If event 1 finishes at 21:22, people still have 3 mins left to jump to the other server.

Here's how I would calculate (in UTC):

21:00 - 15:00 min - practice
21:15 - 2:00 min - extra time (drivers finishing their laps after session ends)
21:17 - 2:00 min - result screen (wait time)
21:19 - 15:00 min - qualiy
21:34 - 2:00 min - extra time (drivers finishing their laps after session ends)
21:36 - 2:00 min - result screen (wait time)
21:38 - 25:00 min - race 1
22:03 - 2:00 min - extra time (drivers finishing after crossing the line the last time)
22:03 - expected end of event 1

22:00 - 10:00 min - practice (time to jump from event 1 to event 2)
22:10 - 2:00 min - result screen (wait time)
22:12 - 25:00 min - race 2
22:37 - 2:00 min - extra time (drivers finishing after crossing the line the last time)
22:39 - expected end of event 2

The extra times for finshing laps are a bit vage but if the waiting time (joining periode) for event to varies from 2 minutes to 10 minutes, I wouldn't see a problem with it...

Just my rough thoughts to give a bit input.

ATM it's very unlikely I can make it this time. :cry: But if things change, I might jump in as long as sign ups are possible.

@HF2000 I feel you might have a look into the following: The second event is only configured with a race session. But shouldn't it have a short practice session before the race, which slightly overlaps the first event so people can switch servers in this periode? Is it possible to join a SGP event in a race session at all?

Example for my suggestion:
Let's say the first race is expected to end at about 21:20 (UTC). So why not start event 2 at 21:15 with 10 mins practice, followed by the race. If event 1 finishes at 21:22, people still have 3 mins left to jump to the other server.

Here's how I would calculate (in UTC):

21:00 - 15:00 min - practice
21:15 - 2:00 min - extra time (drivers finishing their laps after session ends)
21:17 - 2:00 min - result screen (wait time)
21:19 - 15:00 min - qualiy
21:34 - 2:00 min - extra time (drivers finishing their laps after session ends)
21:36 - 2:00 min - result screen (wait time)
21:38 - 25:00 min - race 1
22:03 - 2:00 min - extra time (drivers finishing after crossing the line the last time)
22:03 - expected end of event 1

22:00 - 10:00 min - practice (time to jump from event 1 to event 2)
22:10 - 2:00 min - result screen (wait time)
22:12 - 25:00 min - race 2
22:37 - 2:00 min - extra time (drivers finishing after crossing the line the last time)
22:39 - expected end of event 2

The extra times for finshing laps are a bit vage but if the waiting time (joining periode) for event to varies from 2 minutes to 10 minutes, I wouldn't see a problem with it...

Just my rough thoughts to give a bit input.
Reik,

First I want to thank you for thinking with me. I really appreciate it :thumbsup: :)!

I think you have a good point there. I've set it up now with a gap between the events, but to use practice to fill that in might be a good idea. But we have to make sure that at least one driver will enter within 10 minutes otherwise the server will shut down. I will do both (gap and practice time).

Your calculations are roughly the same I had. I've clocked it from the GT3 race. The extra time is about 1,5min but there's also 1 min wait time on the grid before the red lights go on and off. And the race overtime of 5min. In that last window it should be possible to leave the server. But as this is a Championship I don't know if we can have an overlap.

So my calculations for event 1 were like this where it ends at 22.12. For this test I wanted to be save and put in an 8min gap before event 2 starts.
But to have some practice time to make sure everyone can join before the formation lap, is a good idea. I'll put in a 5 min practice starting at 22.20. With overtime and countdown (reduced to 30s) the formation lap will start at approximately 22.27.
That's quite a long time after race 1 ends but after the test I will evaluate to see where we can reduce time in this schedule

practice15
overtime1,5
countdown2
qualify15
overtime1,5
countdown2
redlights1
Race25
Overtime1,5
countdown2
race overtime5

Last edited:
But we have to make sure that at least one driver will enter within 10 minutes otherwise the server will shut down.
oh! didn't know about that. What a shame though - makes it unnecessarily harder for us. Otherwise I would've suggested to start practice of event 2 even earlier, so if someone loses connection to race 1, could allready reenter there. however....

but there's also 1 min wait time on the grid before the red lights go on and off. And the race overtime of 5min. In that last window it should be possible to leave the server. But as this is a Championship I don't know if we can have an overlap.
Good you're thinking one step further than me ;) (or a few more:laugh:)

Just my useless 2 cents:
AC has the second race option (and reverse grid) in the server config file.
Sgp managed to automate the creation of the complete file plus the entry list file.

And now they can't manage to implement the change of 2 additional lines?!

Just my useless 2 cents:
AC has the second race option (and reverse grid) in the server config file.
Sgp managed to automate the creation of the complete file plus the entry list file.

And now they can't manage to implement the change of 2 additional lines?!
maybe they do if we ask politely?

Sabine did it under 10 mins

Man, this is tough. After doing some practice laps, I managed to post 10:21 with maybe 2-3 seconds still left to improve due to obvious mistakes I made here and there. My first run was 10:39, but I crashed a couple of times. Corners before long uphill sections are crucial, if you don't carry momentum and have a bad exit you're losing lots of time because this pig doesn't fly.

Well, at least I beat (just barely) Sabine's time for unmodified van.

RSR best time shows 8:55 for the combo, but that's clearly a cheat. I don't believe you can do it under 10 minutes.

Man, this is tough. After doing some practice laps, I managed to post 10:21 with maybe 2-3 seconds still left to improve due to obvious mistakes I made here and there. My first run was 10:39, but I crashed a couple of times. Corners before long uphill sections are crucial, if you don't carry momentum and have a bad exit you're losing lots of time because this pig doesn't fly.

Well, at least I beat (just barely) Sabine's time for unmodified van.

RSR best time shows 8:55 for the combo, but that's clearly a cheat. I don't believe you can do it under 10 minutes.
How can you cheat? I've wondered about some times- Like Donnington

Apologies for the delay folks, this week has been crazy at work. Please join us this week on the long straits of Bahrain :)

(Please also note DST change in host timezone!)

Terrible, no very Terrible, managed a morning practice lap of 13-45 so I was quite competitive, arrived too late, did not do a qualifying lap, got the start time wrong, no forum preamble to read.
I thought it was qualifying, no it was the race, manage to get by about 7 or 8 racers before halfway, got punted, that'll teach me.
Van was jammed, had to wait for the remaining vans to plod slowly by.
Still did not know if this was qualifying, I was plugged into the Mazda race, and just listening to those instructions, whilst desperately trying to match it to the race I was in.:confused:

Six things have come out of this, read the instructions properly, don't prioritise a cup of tea over the race, make sure you are listening to the correct channel, get there early and finally don't get old and confused.
Bet you wish you had not asked.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
How did the race go?
P4, 11 seconds behind the winner. I started 3rd, jumped to P2 right away, on lap 2 caught up with the leader when he had an issue with an oblivious backmarker and lost some momentum. I didn't have good enough run to try to pass him in Schwedenkreuz, but he then made a mistake on braking in Aremberg and had an oversteer moment, so me and the next guy passed him. I kept the lead for a minute and then stupidly misshifted into 2nd in Metzgesfeld :redface:, went 90 degrees sideways :poop:, got passed by 3 cars :cry: and ended up in 4th. P5 and the rest were much slower and already many seconds behind, so they weren't even a distant threat, but it took too much time to get back on the track, so there went my podium hopes.

The guy who eventually won the race didn't even qualify and started in the middle. His practice time was 7 seconds faster than mine, same for the best race laps. I'm not sure if I would've been able to keep the lead even if I didn't make that mistake, he was very good :alien:.

It looks like my "brilliant" idea of running with maxed out tire pressures to reduce rolling resistance was actually a bad one. I did have noticeable straight speed advantage, but also had to scrub too much speed in slower corners due to low grip, so the end result was likely worse.

After the race, I tired to do Sabine's hotlap with lower than max pressures (+5 psi to default) and managed to improve my time quite a bit in the same conditions (+20C air, +30C track, 100% grip, 24L of fuel in the tank):

This van is so down on the power that it makes it the ultimate momentum car. And I think those clips of passing motorbikes and sport cars were staged, nobody's that slow.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing