AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta - Sun 12th Jan 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guess there is no better place to start with GT3 racing then Atlanta. Sign me up pls - Z4

Did some laps today with all the cars, good fun. The 650S feels quickest but the Z4 more stable and a good choice for doing 60min (I hope). Ferrari was quite fun too but I would need more time to practice with that lady.

@Medilloni you shall not pass this time (at least not at the esses :D)

Does anyone have a decent and stable setup for the 650s?
Hi Stefan, attached is the 650S setup @pattikins Patrick just mentioned, it was for Bathurst originally but is stable (at least imo:laugh:). Obviously adjust gears, pressures etc - from memory, I think you can take a couple of clicks off rear wing for Atlanta too.

Attachments

• 03-03-2017 650 Bathurst 2 05secs.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 122
That was a really refreshing race, having to manage the softs way harder than you would have to the mediums, since one oversteer means the next few laps are going to be hell. @Erik Axelsson kept me on my toes especially in qualifying, that's for sure :)

Happy to have a mistake-free race on such a demanding course, especially with such sketchy tyres towards the end of the race. Thanks @JoelK for organising!

Stefan sorry for holding you up with that spin. I was right up Enzo's chuff probably Over driving and not factoring in the lack of down force, and I just lost it.
Learned a lot tonight as I was actually putting in decent times so could actually keep up for a change. The lesson being that you cant treat a race like hotlapping or you will pay.
It was good fun racing you Han for a while but my earlier spin had cooked my left rear and she was very squirmy after that. Hope my driving wasnt too agressive. We were door to door a few times but never touched I don't think :thumbsup:
Until next week lads!

Thanks Joel :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting on tonight's race @JoelK - congrats to the podium finishers too! :)

My apologies to you @pattikins Patrick at the top of the hill after the start, saw you on Helicorsa on the outside and tried to leave room but bounced off the inside kerb just enough to touch you:(

Thanks to all for the fair racing, really enjoyed it with you. Have posted results to simracing.net if anyone's interested.

Edit for Joel: Regards the comment re GT3 Sundays earlier, I hope you don't mind me saying, if we stick to tracks that ACC doesn't have it might help. AC has such amazing tracks that are rarely used I can't get enough of them :p

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back