AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta GP - Sunday 8th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Doing some quoting, nicely filling my race report haha :D

I had 3 setups to choose from.. The one I raced with the last time here at Road Atlanta, which was proven to be quite good but not that sophisticated.
One I built together with someone who knows a lot about aerodynamics. Very fast setup but it can snap on you..
And one that I put together from the first 2 setups and some work with Ernie. Felt good but I had a massive wipe out with it in qualy after setting my time.

In the end I adjusted the 3rd one a little bit, lowered the suspension travel from 75mm to 35mm to keep the floor from bottoming out over the snake kerbs.
And hoped for the best. No risk, no fun :roflmao: :cautious:

I really had to pee but due to the experimenting I barely had time. I'm in an office chair on wheels, which I stop from rolling back with some folded papers behind the 3 rear wheels.

I put 2 papers behind the wheels and then hit "race" at 11s to go. At 9s, you start from the pits!!!
Then put in the last folded paper, pressed the clutch, reved up, put in 1st gear and the lights went off :confused: :roflmao::barefoot:

Yeah...:

I didn't have the best start haha! I was very happy about your move to the right, blocking the others from overtaking me :D
Only Thomas slipped past but his McLaren was easy prey on the straight. I had the wing set to 3 so Godzilla simply flew by.

Patrick and Brian battled at the front, Thomas and the rest dropped back sector after sector by a tiny bit.
I tried to catch up with the two and the front and due to the battle going on, I managed to get close. Patrick re-took Brian and from there the Nissan powered past with the help of some slipstream :cool:

Then I thought my gf was coming into my room, turned my head around on the long straight and missed the braking point :whistling:
Some little offroad moment later, Brian was in my mirrors again and got closer and closer.. Definitively more pace at this moment and I was expecting a fierce battle in some laps.

Sadly he dropped off completely, I didn't see what had happened. I only saw Ernie getting closer and closer from that moment onwards...

Ernie got up to within 2s and when I thought the battle would start due to a little mistake, he dropped back about 5-6s.

Time for pitting...

Same mate haha. I went into the pits quite carefully as I didn't want to risk anything. Came out of the pits with Ernie 2.5s behind me again.
The pressure was real...

I luckily didn't have problems at all. I had to remember: "While you can't push blue flaggers that don't let you past actively off the road, you can race them like any other opponent within the normal rules of racing".
I did some intense overtakes :barefoot::p

Ernie got caught up again I think. He dropped back to 6s and then started to crawl up to my rear again... That was really intense throughout the last 10 minutes!

Managed to come home in P2. Best result ever in the RD clubs apart from the one premiere win in ACC while it was in early access.
After my first podium in years just recently at the Nordschleife, which is my strongest track.

Super happy and Road Atlanta definitely has a special place in my heart! Already really liked it as a kid in Sports Car GT but never drove there until the AC clubracing used it!
The not-blue kerbs still irritate me though!

Almost the same layout:

I don't think it was Hape, but yep. I'm always looking forward to see you on track no matter if battling, blue flags or whatever :)
I was close! - it was Hans-Peter and Thomas battling behind me on the last lap

Congratulations on your 2nd

Only Thomas slipped past but his McLaren was easy prey on the straight. I had the wing set to 3 so Godzilla simply flew by.
I remember that moment very well. Had a good exit and tried to defend on the inside and then thought wtf as the gt-r just flew by at mid straight:laugh:. No chance here.
Had a good start but in race my most hated corner here, the uphill left with the high kerbs on the right ruined my race here once again.
In race I was overcautious there going back to third gear instead of fourth like in qualy not to get too wide to the right and touch the kerbs. In mclaren that's an instant off most of the time.
But going too cautious I lost too much time there every lap.
As I tried to push harder there I had a mistake there which cost me position to Ernie and later did spun there which cost me another two positions.
Next time racing here I have to do more setup work which is my weak point I guess. Need to experiment more, never did touch travel for example. Read the comment from Rasmus about changing travel, so I guess it's worth to dive into that setup segment more.
Apart from that race was fun as I had some good racing. Thx guys, cu next time.

Had a good exit and tried to defend on the inside and then thought wtf as the gt-r just flew by at mid straight:laugh:.
Haha I was thinking the same! I was preparing for going side by side through the chicane, probably yielding to you on the second apex since you had the inside line.
But then I was already ahead when entering the braking zone.
Quite a "lol" moment I have to say :roflmao:
Read the comment from Rasmus about changing travel, so I guess it's worth to dive into that setup segment more.
I'm not sure if you can tame the McLaren at all but I'm using a very soft suspension, soft bump and soft fast bump for road Atlanta.
Then resistrcting the travel a lot!

This way the rough kerbs don't really unsettle the car but it also won't bottom out on them.

From my feeling, the "bump stops" in the Nissan are quite soft. Maybe you can ride on them in the McLaren too. Or they are super stiff and you'll go flying into the barriers :D

Blue flags were something of a hit and miss on this track. Most were not a problem at all, if happend on the straight. When following backmarkers into the Esses thing could get hairy. At some point I got Tajinder in front of me out of the Esses. Wanted to overtake on the outside, but unfortunately he spun right in front of me making me touch his rear end.
Really sorry Tajinder, I just coulndt avoid you at all.
No problem Stefan!!!
I was already spinning, not for the first time there :)

Wanted to stay right on the straight and lift off to allow the blue flag overtakes. But I lifted off too early, still in the turn and around came the back, leaving me a passenger :D

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years