AC GT3 @ Road America - Sunday 4th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a really good race today. Needed a bounce back from my last race at Bahrain.

Could only manage P10 in qualy. I've done a high 2.05 in practice the day before but couldn't match it today. Lap times for the top 9 were crazy!

Turn one I recieved a hard bump from behind, sent me off but not spinning. Turn two, Had to go off track to avoid the accident ahead. Spent the rest of the race managing tires and had a couple good battles.

I usually do the one set of soft tires thing only pitting for 2 litres of fuel. But Road America absolutely KILLS the front left! Still, thought I could manage softs all the way. Made my pitstop real late. While in the pits I was so beside myself contemplating tires or fuel.... Tires or freaking fuel.... 13 minutes to go... Left front tire wear was about 97%... So after fumbling with the buttons to switch pit strategy to tires, missed my damn pit box lol...

After the pit, I was putting in some good lap times I wasn't doing early on. I was catching Andreas for P9. Caught up to him but rear ended him into the slow lefty turn 3 I think. I completely misjudged his braking. My fault regardless... So I waited and apologized after the race. Then we had a nice battle for the remaining few laps but I couldn't get pass (in my video, the last 6 minutes you can catch that battle)

Thanks Chris for organizing and congrats to patrick for the win!

My external view below
I was wondering what kind of shader you use. Your display looks much more lifelike than mine does. Mine looks a bit more cartoonish as far as the color goes. Is it the custom shaders patch? Thx!

I was wondering what kind of shader you use. Your display looks much more lifelike than mine does. Mine looks a bit more cartoonish as far as the color goes. Is it the custom shaders patch? Thx!
No shaders... My video settings, I've disabled or lowered some things so I can maintain avg of 120 fps online. Think I'm either at medium or high settings with tweaks. AC looks really good on my monitor with stock video settings and disabling or lowering things that kills my fps (rx 580 gpu only/i5 9400 cpu).

I did try a couple of different shaders but AC stock on my Acer super ultrawide monitor looks really good

I don't want to take @SOLO59 place in answering, but if you are referring to the colours, that look more dull and less cartoonish, actually more lifelike as you said, have also a look at his hands and wheel: they also look "washed out" so I believe that it is an effect of the camera he's using to record / stream.

I don't want to take @SOLO59 place in answering, but if you are referring to the colours, that look more dull and less cartoonish, actually more lifelike as you said, have also a look at his hands and wheel: they also look "washed out" so I believe that it is an effect of the camera he's using to record / stream.
Yup my new camera is actually not that good indoors despite using direct light. Just bought this camera and I'll get used to it for now until I buy another one down the road. RN its "ok..." Haven't messed with the settings on it, it has exposure, contrast, sharpness etc but all currently left on stock. I'll play around with it when I have time for better quality

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.7%