AC GT3 @ Road America - Sunday 4th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
4925298530_e72ca06257_o (1).jpg

by Jeremy Cliff on Flickr: link

This week we're headed to Wisconsin's scenic Kettle Moraine for a showdown at the fast, flowing Road America!

Please note DST change in the host timezone! Practice starts at 7pm UK time, qualifying at 8:20pm UK time, and the race at 8:40 UK time.

SGP link: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/TH_EXasFD_kiuHtAtVHpg

tra.png

On Wednesdays, there is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for this race by joining a MX5 Cup event on the same track. You can learn the racing lines, overtaking spots, and even the braking points in a car that's less demanding than the GT3s -- and you can still have a lot of fun at the same time! Search for the MX5 event in the Calendar or on the RaceDepartment community on simracing.gp.

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: SGP
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Road America (download here)
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 18:00 UTC (1 hour 20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (60 minutes)

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Announcement

Hey folks,

Just writing to let you know that I'm going to be moving on from organising the GT3 events at RD after next week. My final event organised will be on Sunday 11 April (ie. the one after this one).

Unfortunately I'm too busy at work now to properly serve as GT3 admin in the capacity that the club deserves, and I will continue to be so for the forseeable future. The good news is that GT3 events are in extremely capable hands, and I know @HF2000 and @Interslice have many great ideas (like the MX5/GT3 track sharing!). Hopefully also we can also get some more hands to help out if needed, since organising events takes more time and energy than you might initially think :)

I'd like to give a big thanks to all of the regulars and staff which have helped make the GT3 events a success. Thanks especially to @Neilski, @Denis Betty, @HF2000, @Interslice, and @Medilloni who have been an invaluable help over my time as staff.

I'm leaving staff with a smile on my face knowing that this community is in great hands. I'm not going anywhere, you'll still see me at these events most weeks -- look forward to seeing you all on the track :)

Big love,

Chris

Last edited:
All good things come to an end. Thank you for your massive efforts providing me/us lots of hours of great racing :thumbsup: I wish you only the best for whatever will come next.

I think we should, at your last GT3 race, all choose the 650s with the Great Britain livery :)

Many thanks for all your events for more than a year. It's been great and I'm very sad that it now ends. When we're recovered from the shock, I'm confident that we will come up with something to continue the GT3 events on Sunday.

In the meantime: signed up with the 488.

In @Chris Down - cheers.

I just read that you will be leaving RD staff :confused: . I wanted to thank you for a wonderful experience/start here in your GT3 club. I have enjoyed a wonderful 2 months or so racing and getting to know everyone and it was all made easy and welcoming through the culture you and your fellow staff setup for us. Rarely is something so precious, educational and valuable as this community.

Wishing you all the success and prosperity at work.

Looking forward to competing with you on track.

:)

Last edited:
RD AC GT3 Club Report While Chris was away:

5 different pole sitters

5 different winners

100000000000 lead changes
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Nah seriously, mad respect for Chris putting these events on for us every Sunday. I hope to still see his hot lap videos for some of these events if he has the time because they sure are helpful!

@Chris Down you'll be truly missed bro. All the best to you

@Chris Down so sad that you're leaving the organising side, but as well happy that you're not giving up the races, I left the GT3 events and joined the MX5 in the hope of getting better at driving before rejoining faster cars, but I'll try to be at Brands if time allows me to do so.
I wish you all the best, and knowing that all this is due to a higher work load and not to other life difficulties can't but leave us happy.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 383 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.3%