AC GT3 @ Road America - Sunday 3rd May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
:)On softs I was faster but the left rear was in the red temperature in the last sector which made it very tricky. I decided for consistency so for the mediums. Totally screwed up my qualify by using race configuration by mistake. The race went very well starting 33th and finishing 9th.
You got a good run through the carnage, I saw you were starting at the back and all of a sudden you were in front of me.
I had a tyre problem but front left in the red and i didnt know how to cool it so just cracked on.

That might have been me. I was P15 after the start. After turn 1, I tried to avoid the yellow car, but hit him slightly. I was nervous. Then tried to take the 2nd turn and there you were ... I was accelerating but you were not moving at the same speed and I didn't get that in time to avoid you so bumped slightly in your rear. I was pissed off at my mistake and waited for you to come back. then I was again at race pace ... for one corner ... when some car just teleported into the same space as me and the game decided that I should be the one who should go outside the track ...

I usually don't quit. I try to repair my mistakes and fight. But I've got 3 incidents in the first sector of the first lap and 2 of them were not even my mistake ... I was so angry that I was shaking. I couldn't have raced in that condition. I wouldn't have been able to drive safely and most likely I would have taken too many risks just to make the positions back ... So I've decided to exist to not exhaust me for nothing and put others in danger.

No worries Raresch :) Believe me, I am not mad about it. I also had two mishaps at the beginning. Well, many more along the race. I was battling myself more than any other car on the circuit. I think after the first lap it was me versus myself :D

New Road America by the best in the business. Hope we make this the default RA in future events.

I ran one set of mediums the whole race John so was struggling a lot.
And when Chris said he was running zero aero on the start grid I dropped my aero to 1 click rear.
Wasn't a fast setup in my hands unfortunately.

very gentlemanly
it was nice you backed of after nudging me.
shame my tyres were 10 laps old with you on fresh
till the next time
Yeah it's nice to be nice. So many avoidable accidents happen in these events every weekend, and most of the time you just need to keep it on the black stuff to get a decent result.
There are some that are a bit aggressive for a club event but we all get full of adrenaline when we have control of a fast car and also depends on mood. Me included.
For me being able to race in close quarters with someone without fear they are going to do something erratic is a great feeling and what brings the most enjoyment and immersion.

New Road America by the best in the business. Hope we make this the default RA in future events.

Haha, what timing. Nice!

I'll check it out, but yeah, any @LilSki track almost certainly gets promoted to be the version of the track we'll run in events by default :)

I has been months since I did not start AC.

I entered late and ask for the Nismo, but it seems to be a popular choice and I was leaving someone that already requested without it, so I switched to the McLaren and it was pretty fun. It took me a while to feel comfortable with the car and had little time to build a setup that gave me confidence. Still the car was good to drive and had my share of nice battles with many drivers. I probably did a mistake on my pitstop as I started with medium tyres and then changed back again with mediums, when I believe I could have finished the race with one set of tyres.

It was good to drive AC again, and more on this great track for racing.

Indeed that would be the best place. One guy made some good comments in a review we will fix and work on.
I just tried your version. It looks on par with Watkins Glen (aka colorful and alive). Also, as you can see, we had a race here (referring to the location) yesterday and I tried the same setup and I can say it's a different track :)) The exit curbs are smaller so you can't take them too hard, but the best thing is that the inside curbs are usable now. They don't throw you into a spin anymore. Which is a good thing, I guess. Never drove the real track, never drove a real track for that matter, but I would like to learn this version of your because it feels easier, although challenging.

Hi guys, that was a an exciting race yesterday evening!I spent all of time trying to worry Chris on his pace, but sometimes it was very hard! In the first stint (15 laps) i was following him closely (from 0.5 to 1.5 secs), but when Chris entered the pits i just tried to push more than car possibilities and sadly spun on the first corner. Unfortunately a stupid mistake from me:(
On pit, i change my soft tyres to push very hard on the second stint, but the gap was too large, while Chris, i think, was managing his tyres. In any case, I think Chris had globally some more speed than me, so my 2nd place has been a very good result anyway:) Hope to join Watkins event:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back