AC GT3 @ Road America - Sunday 3rd May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The start for me was like that car chase scene from the matrix. I was almost the one until an audi pinged of the wall, spun across the track and said not today.
That was me, I'm so sorry about that. A yellow GT-R got sideways across the track just as I was approaching, and I lost control trying to dodge it. Held on to the brakes as much as I could but there was nowhere to go, that literally was the narrowest part of the track.

Apart for the T1 shenanigans, it was all good on my side. Too bad we didn't have an extra couple of laps, I had all but caught the three guys in front of me. To finish P8 after that carnage would have been unbelievable.

That was me, I'm so sorry about that. A yellow GT-R got sideways across the track just as I was approaching, and I lost control trying to dodge it. Held on to the brakes as much as I could but there was nowhere to go, that literally was the narrowest part of the track.

Apart for the T1 shenanigans, it was all good on my side. Too bad we didn't have an extra couple of laps, I had all but caught the three guys in front of me. To finish P8 after that carnage would have been unbelievable.

No worries man. Couldn't be helped. I should have slowed down but decided to roll the dice and keep the foot down. Don't know how i didn't do the exact same thing as you and take someone out when I hit the wall afterwards and spun right out onto the racing line. I guess there was no one left moving to hit me!

I had a good race overall.
From starting 18th to what very briefly must have been nearly 10th place... I ended up 23rd after the carnage. Terrible first quarter. I got taken out at turn one of lap 2 also and ended up back in 25th...

2nd quarter @GEO147 emerged from the pits and I got a bit of a tow and up to 20th at half way. Gained a place then during all the pit stops. With a long 2nd stint of consistant times and no traffic I was able to put just enough pressure on stefanos gt-r to close to within 4 seconds and i think play some part in him agonisingly spin out on the last corner with 2 laps to go and take 18th.

My best race to date. I was happy in the end to make the top 20, have no unforced errors and not get lapped for the first time in gt3. 3 long term sim goals accomplished :)

See you all next week.

Last edited:
No worries man. Couldn't be helped. I should have slowed down but decided to roll the dice and keep the foot down. Don't know how i didn't do the exact same thing as you and take someone out when I hit the wall afterwards and spun right out onto the racing line. I guess there was no one left moving to hit me!

I had a good race overall.
From starting 18th to what very briefly must have been nearly 10th place... I ended up 23rd after the carnage. Terrible first quarter. I got taken out at turn one of lap 2 also and ended up back in 25th...

2nd quarter @GEO147 emerged from the pits and I got a bit of a tow and up to 20th at half way. Gained a place then during all the pit stops. With a long 2nd stint of consistant times and no traffic I was able to put just enough pressure on stefanos gt-r to close to within 4 seconds and i think play some part in him agonisingly spin out on the last corner with 2 laps to go and take 18th.

My best race to date. I was happy in the end to make the top 20, have no unforced errors and not get lapped for the first time in gt3. 3 long term sim goals accomplished :)

See you all next week.

I remember not so long ago not being lapped was my goal. Didn't take you long in fairness.

Oh, and before I forget, thanks to those with assistance with the Teamspeak before we got going on practice. Obviously there were some settings that I didn't know I had to change and alter. :)

For those who experienced others lagging and taking them out, please know that the people lagging have been notified of the situation. Going forward, if this poses a problem during practice or qualifying, please report it to me directly and we'll try to rectify it pre-race.

In the race I noticed I was hit in the rear during that mess, and I wasn't sure if it was from someone lagging or not. It isn't important and by no means am I complaining, I was just curious. I am sure I would have still finished last anyway, hahaha!

In the race I noticed I was hit in the rear during that mess, and I wasn't sure if it was from someone lagging or not. It isn't important and by no means am I complaining, I was just curious. I am sure I would have still finished last anyway, hahaha!
That might have been me. I was P15 after the start. After turn 1, I tried to avoid the yellow car, but hit him slightly. I was nervous. Then tried to take the 2nd turn and there you were ... I was accelerating but you were not moving at the same speed and I didn't get that in time to avoid you so bumped slightly in your rear. I was pissed off at my mistake and waited for you to come back. then I was again at race pace ... for one corner ... when some car just teleported into the same space as me and the game decided that I should be the one who should go outside the track ...

I usually don't quit. I try to repair my mistakes and fight. But I've got 3 incidents in the first sector of the first lap and 2 of them were not even my mistake ... I was so angry that I was shaking. I couldn't have raced in that condition. I wouldn't have been able to drive safely and most likely I would have taken too many risks just to make the positions back ... So I've decided to exist to not exhaust me for nothing and put others in danger.

:)Great race last night! In practice I was still hesitating about the tyres. On softs I was faster but the left rear was in the red temperature in the last sector which made it very tricky. I decided for consistency so for the mediums. Totally screwed up my qualify by using race configuration by mistake. The race went very well starting 33th and finishing 9th. Seeing the lap times of the guys in front of me, I wouldn't have had a better result with a normal qualification.

Congrats to the podium! 2.02! Really?:confused: Thanks everyone for joining, full grids are so much more fun especially with mandatory pitstops. And special thanks for @Chris Down for organising.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I remember not so long ago not being lapped was my goal. Didn't take you long in fairness.

I think the stars just aligned for this one! I really like this track for a start. No chicanes! It was nice not to be struggling at the back for once! Racing here recently in the gt4s really helped. It is the first week since 60s lmps at spa I haven't had to learn a track from pretty much scratch.

I watched a few hotlap videos by @Chris Down during the week which sorted out the couple of problem corners i had from the last race. I thought chris was going to catch me but his tyre situation explains why he didn't.

anyone else plagued by phantom race cars during qualification?

Good to see you going well in the only other bmw john. Funny we both started on the same row of the grid and almost made it through the carnage in the same formation... Wasn't to be!
Screenshot_20200504-101215.png

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%