AC GT3 @ Road America - Sunday 16th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
No worries @FischBoB . Luckily i smashed straight through you with no spin and I was only slowed down. I did get slowed up then by having to avoid the further carnage and ended up back in 14th or 15th by the end of lap 1. Seemed to be alot of people in the mid pack trying to force overtakes that wern't on in the first lap... Was happy to drag myself up to 9th by the half way pitstop. Unfortunately had 2 spins in the lonely second stint and couldn't catch up to the cars ahead.

Thanks again chris for organising :thumbsup: Moving house and on holidays for 2 weeks so not sure if I'll be able to make it the next few sundays.

I can't qualify to save my life, so p10 was pretty good for my standards and I was hoping for a good race - too bad I got bowled out of the way in T1. From then on it was a pretty bog-standard race I guess, I got into an unexpected fight with @hape for top 10 but he made a really nice overtake on the outside of Canada Corner, so that didn't last long either.

For some reason, I decided to try triple screens this time, looks pretty immersive but framerate wasn't great and I could feel dips here and there. Nice experiment, but I'm not sure I'm going to do that again online unless I retire the 770 and get a better card.

Had a really good qualifying and startet on P5, just to get hit by a Porsche in the first corner and get puncht off in the grass on the inside. (went through the grass and took out @Interslice and @Luca Badin. Sorry about that but wasn't able to stop the car.)

Don't worry, it wasn't your fault - though it definitely was my fault in the back straight, when a Porsche in front of me decided he would coast and cut across the kink. Understeered into the grass to try and avoid him, and in trying to keep control I had a Vettel in Montreal 2019 moment, and didn't realise I was heading to the right that much. I'm sorry.

Anyway, congrats to the podium finishers and see you next time!

Whoah what race!! With very little training my quali sucked again, but got to P5 at the end. It wasn’t my best place, but absolutely the best race what comes to tough battles with atleast @jemmari and @Spilskinanka at the beginning of the race. Matt got away with 1xtires strategy, but got him at last laps (after he spun I think).

The whole race was so intense that it really was the funniest race for me during this 6 months I’ve done simracing. @Aksu did a incredible thing coming from last to 3rd and gaining over 30sec cap from me for example :D
Really looking forward next weeks race!

here is the results:

Sorry to the driver about half way through the race at the right hander following the back straight.

You almost passed me when I was disconnected from the server. Your car as reappearing unpredictably due to me losing connection. Really sorry about that. I stayed off track to let you pass and until I was connected again. Wierd, never ever happened to me before.

After the race, I connected to a vpn in uk and jumped on practice server and ping as finally in the green at about 110ms. But no other cars on track though. Next time I race on RD, I'll try out the vpn (using express vpn). I've done some research and vpn's can help with ping. And yes, I'm using ethernet.

Made too many mistakes in qualy and started P15 I think.

Jumped to P9 by the second lap. Dropped back to P11/12 (can't remember) until I lost connection.

Should have kept med tires for the whole race. My tires were really good when I pit at the last minute. But didn't know how to change pit strategy in the puts. I know now though with the keyboard arrows buttons. Damn could have maybe got P11, but P12 it is.

Porche was really fun to drive. I put together some consistent laps at times.

Congrats to Chris for the W, podiums and to all who finished and came out

Oh, I also made contact with a orange 650s on the back straight. I didn't know you would peak up my right side. I slowed down but moderately lol and let him by shortly after the start finish line

I can't qualify to save my life, so p10 was pretty good for my standards and I was hoping for a good race - too bad I got bowled out of the way in T1. From then on it was a pretty bog-standard race I guess, I got into an unexpected fight with @hape for top 10 but he made a really nice overtake on the outside of Canada Corner, so that didn't last long either.
thx for the nice words Luca. The trick is (as always) the consistency. (first 3 consistency)

George Mks_mclaren_650_gt399.36% <> 0.8002
Chris Dks_mclaren_650_gt399.13% <> 1.0918
Hape Gks_mclaren_650_gt398.82% <> 1.4958

I have one ride on the grass (and this destroys a better consistency) but the times on the other rounds are consistent.

:)

hape

It's hot, it's humid. Let's go somewhere more relaxing this week: it's Monza, and we'd love to see you back :inlove:

Hi All... has anyone got a replay of last night they could send? Would be greatly appreciated as I've accidentally erased mine :( Thanks in advance!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%