AC GT3 @ Road America - Sunday 16th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Pencil me in with the SCG please Chris - as usual, I might not make it to the qualy/race...depends on my PC.

This is my first time using the Lilski version of Road America & I seem to be way off my times (well over a second) with the SCG & Mclaren. Is this the case for everyone else?

Does anyone have a Thrustmaster T300 wheel? I've been experiencing my gears going up a gear without touching my paddle shifter for a while (usually when I'm turning the wheel), but now I'm getting it every other lap.

Pencil me in with the SCG please Chris - as usual, I might not make it to the qualy/race...depends on my PC.

This is my first time using the Lilski version of Road America & I seem to be way off my times (well over a second) with the SCG & Mclaren. Is this the case for everyone else?

Does anyone have a Thrustmaster T300 wheel? I've been experiencing my gears going up a gear without touching my paddle shifter for a while (usually when I'm turning the wheel), but now I'm getting it every other lap.
I use that wheel :) I am slower than I have been in the same car on a different version of this track, about 2.6 seconds slower.

Last time I used the new version (I think it was the GT4's?) I was a second off. Haven't had time to practice for tonight yet but I remember a comment from Chris saying GT3's are longer lap times with it :)

I was slower at first also in the R8. After 20 laps or so, got around my previous pace, but i had to change the setup a little bit. For me, it was diff poweer and dampers, they were making my car spin at most curbs, so I've raised the fst bump. I think I did ok with that :)

Welcome! My times are also about a second slower, so that's about expected I think.

Really glad to have you mate, I'm going to limit the number of cars present to the number of signups at about 7:30, so hopefully it should have the least performance cost possible for you and others :)

I've got a TX Wheel similar to yours. Be sure to set "gear shift debouncing" to at least 5ms located in wheel settings, second tab under "shifter." I'm using 5. Begins from 0 then increments of 5, 10, 15...

Sometimes it's too frustrating to continue...
Had a really good qualifying and startet on P5, just to get hit by a Porsche in the first corner and get puncht off in the grass on the inside. (went through the grass and took out @Interslice and @Luca Badin. Sorry about that but wasn't able to stop the car.) Endet up last with a broken car. I tried to continue but then got taken out by a Audi on the straight after the kink. Lost about 1.5 seconds a lap because of the damage on the car, and decidet to quit after 10 more minutes and spinning twice.

Wow, what an absolute cracker of a race. Spent the entirety of stint one battling with @GEO147, with me on the mediums and George on the softs. Since the pace seemed similar, I assumed I should be able to hold the gap in stint 2, coming out of the pits about 7-8 seconds ahead. I was wrong :p

George gained about .5 of a second every single lap to me on the new softs, and doing the calculations in my head I realised he was going to reach me just about the last lap if things continued that way. It was at that point that I heard the following voice echo in my head:

Trying as hard as I could, George was still gaining 0.5s a lap, which rendered the second stint insanely stressful. To add to things, I ran out of fuel on the straight coming up to the line, which was not in the plan... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Amazing pace George! Really looking forward to next week. Thank you everyone for coming out and for the great race! Sounds like most of you had a great time :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Cheers Chris. It was great racing against you. When we were close I knew what line you would take so was easy to race close.
I thought I might just pop you in the last lap but I lost traction in the fast right hander in your dirty air and then slapped doors with someone at the end of the straight (don't think I lost time tho).
Mad stress and was soaked in sweat afterwards. Felt like the real thing to me.
Great day. Ronnie won the world champs for the 6th time equaling Davis and I got my highest finish in one of these races. Not quite the same but hey!

Thanks for organising Chris and see you all next week.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back