AC GT3 @ Road America - Sun 24 Feb 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for today's race, guys! Once again, my performance re-iterates that I suck at this! :laugh:But it's still great fun.

Had to quit after about halfway as by then I was getting a BlueFlag almost every lap. (Maybe I should change my username to "Blue Flag Bert". :D) That ratcheted up the pressure on me (Didn't want to ruin anyone's race...) so when I slid into the wall a second time, I decided to give it up.

I have a question about set-ups though -- the damn "CrewChief" kept telling me that my tires are cold (and I was understeering a bit) even deep into the race. I lowered the tire pressure as low as it'll go, but I was still getting these messages. Can anyone provide a tip or two to cope with always cold tires?

Thanks!

I had the best qualy result to date, 4th, and what do I do? Forget to change from soft to medium tire for the race! I started on soft and quickly rose to 2nd, behind @demetri and had a bit of good battle and I even led the race for a couple of laps or so. But turn 9-10 was making my tires boiling and the in the last sector the car was sliding all over the place. After 10 laps or so, I had to give up my 2nd place to replace the tires.
After the pits I had some cathcing up to do. I raced a bit with Darrel and had we a mishap at turn one and then Bobby join the party. I'm sorry, Bobby if I turned in to you, but I was certain that I was giving you a car's width room on the inside. I don't have the replay, so I can't check up on it.
Anyway, the brake started to act up on me and in the end it just stopped responding and my race ended prematurely. Sorry for exceeding track limits in the end of my race, but that was mostly because my brake was acting strange.

I have a question about set-ups though -- the damn "CrewChief" kept telling me that my tires are cold (and I was understeering a bit) even deep into the race. I lowered the tire pressure as low as it'll go, but I was still getting these messages. Can anyone provide a tip or two to cope with always cold tires?

Thanks!
Maybe try lowering the ride height a bit and more downforce?

@Craig Dunkley :cautious:
you just stand in my way... :ninja:
You give me a scare when passing... :thumbsdown:
you always say "welcome my friend" ... mmmh :O_o:
Today I had a strange feeling with you :ninja:
;)

I have never been so often worked my way back to the front.
@OllieGTX in the audi must also have wondered how many times I passed him again and again.

was fun with the Nissan today :)

I'm sorry, Bobby if I turned in to you, but I was certain that I was giving you a car's width room on the inside. I don't have the replay, so I can't check up on it.
I blacked screened about with about 10 minutes left in the race so I don't have it either. I was hugging the inside because I knew you were there. We both made it (thank you wonky Kunos collision model didn't kill both of us this time:confused::D) since we barely touched and it was good fun racing. As far as I'm concerned, Goose, we're good mate.

I hope I didn't kill anyone going down the main straight towards the end of the race when my game froze and gave me a black screen. I turned to the right to stay on the inside wall and had the brakes mashed through the wall in case I still had control, but from the sound, car revs were stuck) I highly doubt I was in control:(

@Phantom Kneo I am soooooo sorry that I turned down on you brother:unsure: I really thought you had pulled a great over under on my coming out of the corner so when I moved to the edge of the track and you were there:confused: it was an oh :poop: moment for me and I probably ruined your race. I have Helicorsa AND Car Radar running, but because I'm old I just missed it. I'm going to move it up higher in my view now that this has happened.

@Medilloni aka "Grand Pa" I don't know what you've been...........smoking, drinking, eating etc etc etc, but good grief man SLOW DOWN. You are flying my man. Great to see, but remember
n4feebfc17dc0b.gif

Time Bandits, thanks for letting me join and run with you boys. I'll be back as health permits. I really do miss racing with you guys. @Craig Dunkley thank you for hosting and giving these guys a place to race:)

Good race guys, I know a few had to quit due to technical issues, which was a shame.

I stayed pretty much at the back, full of man flue and really did not want to get involved in any battles, because I felt like deaf warmed up ...but a few came did come along.

Great to hear from you @Bobby Pennington, hope you can join us again in the near future, was a sad exit, but these things do happen.

Many congratulations to the podiums, well done guys ..hope to see you all next week :thumbsup:

Hey - This was only my second race with you guys.....How do you know who is who in realtime? IOW - I have no idea (by name) who's passing me or who I'm coming up on (Like that ever happens....) I'm racing in VR (WMR) if that matters.

Also, although I was logged onto the TS server, I never heard any chatter between racers - Should I have? All I ever heard was automated messages when someone logged on or left the server.

Sorry for these questions - I'm trying to get the logistics sorted out for racing with you guys without getting in your way!

Thanks,
Bert

@newbert ..I stopped using VR because it is almost impossible to use when hosting an event :( ..I struggle to remember what I used? I am sure someone will give you an answer ..but I did know, where every driver was.

Yes there was not a lot of chatting, but some for sure, you should have been able to hear us ...check your settings, maybe your volume is very low.

You done well for your first race :thumbsup: ..hope to see you next week :thumbsup:

Thanks!
I don't think you can do much setup-wise in this game to raise (or lower) tire temps significantly. They heat up when they slide, so you have to push the car more in every turn if they are cold and go easy if they are hot.
I also find Crew Chief to be not very accurate telling me about tire temps, it never warned me soon enough about a tire or two being overheated after a spin and it often complains that they are cold when they aren't really that bad, so I just ignore those updates and use build-in tire app to have the idea about their status.

@demetri is very correct, worry about pressures, that will give you better results..there are several good apps the will tell you what the correct pressure's should be :thumbsup:

@demetri is very correct, worry about pressures, that will give you better results..there are several good apps the will tell you what the correct pressure's should be :thumbsup:
For modern GT car it's usually around 26psi, but the temps matter too, so you have to pick tire compunds with the weather in mind. E.g. stone cold hards might last you a lifetime but won't do any good pace-wise.

Really, really enjoyed that - even binning it with 3 minutes to go I had a blast :laugh: Thanks again @Craig Dunkley for yet another great event , I'm addicted to the US tracks and this is one of the best:inlove:

Congrats to @demetri for the win and great times & strategy, and to @Jordan Dion and @Pe Ha for your podium - wish I'd changed tyres now but I doubt I could have held 2nd with the way you two were closing in - driving on one set of tyres was beyond my skill level:ninja:

@Medilloni aka "Grand Pa" I don't know what you've been...........smoking, drinking, eating etc etc etc, but good grief man SLOW DOWN. You are flying my man. Great to see...
Thanks Bobby, it was magic to hear you again tonight, and if you hadn't had run the classes with the BMW 325i nearly a year ago I wouldn't be here, you gave encouragement to everyone in those classes, it was a fantastic intro to RD.:thumbsup: As for my grandaddy driving skills, as proved tonight, I don't just miss apexes... they completely slip my mind:roflmao::p

Last edited:
Thanks Bobby, it was magic to hear you again tonight, and if you hadn't had run the classes with the BMW 325i nearly a year ago I wouldn't be here, you gave encouragement to everyone in those classes, it was fantastic intro to RD.:thumbsup: As for my grandaddy driving skills, as proved tonight, I don't just miss apexes... they completely slip my mind:roflmao::p
Very kind of you to say and I thoroughly enjoyed doing the classes. Was supposed to be a long term project, as was my tenure as RD Staff, but real life got in the way. So glad you found it beneficial. As far as "apex's", what are these things you call "apex's":laugh::laugh: Would love to meet one:inlove::D

After finally putting a new and modern PC online I' find myself in position to enjoy racing again. I'm not going any faster but I am no disturbed by the presence other cars on the track. This was the first event using the new box and monitor, I should be good for till I die.

My race? I was slow but did fine until the last five minutes of the race, dropped three places, oh well. I was able to drive, race, put myself in harms way and make mistakes without blaming equipment!!

Really, really enjoyed that - even binning it with 3 minutes to go I had a blast :laugh: Thanks again @Craig Dunkley for yet another great event , I'm addicted to the US tracks and this is one of the best:inlove:

Congrats to @demetri for the win and great times & strategy, and to @Jordan Dion and @Pe Ha for your podium - wish I'd changed tyres now but I doubt I could have held 2nd with the way you two were closing in - driving on one set of tyres was beyond my skill level:ninja:

Thanks Bobby, it was magic to hear you again tonight, and if you hadn't had run the classes with the BMW 325i nearly a year ago I wouldn't be here, you gave encouragement to everyone in those classes, it was a fantastic intro to RD.:thumbsup: As for my grandaddy driving skills, as proved tonight, I don't just miss apexes... they completely slip my mind:roflmao::p
Thank you sir!
i raced whit the medium all the race lol

Thanks for a great race guys. I'm sorry to whoever it was that I blocked the straight on with the spin. That bloody McLaren is a great notor until it just let's go. Was doing well for my skill level at the start and having a good battle or two until the back just went on me!

Looking forward to next week already. Thanks to all and especially Craig for keeping the show on the road :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%