AC GT3 @ Road America - Sun 24 Feb 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for a great race guys. I'm sorry to whoever it was that I blocked the straight on with the spin. That bloody McLaren is a great notor until it just let's go. Was doing well for my skill level at the start and having a good battle or two until the back just went on me!

Looking forward to next week already. Thanks to all and especially Craig for keeping the show on the road :thumbsup:

hahah .I did warn you m8, when she bites, she bites hard, you have little chance of saving her...don't get me wrong, she is a great car, but until you become the master, expect to get bitten often...if you stay with her you will be rewarded..staying with her is the hard part.

Really, really enjoyed that - even binning it with 3 minutes to go I had a blast :laugh: Thanks again @Craig Dunkley for yet another great event , I'm addicted to the US tracks and this is one of the best:inlove:

Congrats to @demetri for the win and great times & strategy, and to @Jordan Dion and @Pe Ha for your podium - wish I'd changed tyres now but I doubt I could have held 2nd with the way you two were closing in - driving on one set of tyres was beyond my skill level:ninja:
Thank you. I'm surprised your tires got shot by the end of the race. Mine were still decent for lap times in the vicinity of half a second off my best lap of the race and I think I could've squeezed another 20 or 30 minutes from them without much worries if I had to. This track is not really hard on tires, you just have to keep them from overheating too much at Carousel.
As for the strategy, it usually pays off to load up to about 3/4 of the race if you're not changing tires. Every 5 liters you have to add is +1 second at the pit stop and it's not only the loss of time, but also the loss of tire temperatures, so if you're stopping midway you're spending about 11-12 seconds in the box and making your tires pretty cold and not grippy when you finally get outta there. Stopping at that point you might as well change the tires getting yourself a brand new set already up to the temps in exchange for a few seconds longer stop (20 seconds for the one with tires change).

FWIW - There's a virtual mirror in VR in rFactor2.
Yep, but in AC and VR it doesn't work and just makes you drunk as a monkey on a unicycle swinging a football bat. It's like having one eye in it's normal place looking forward and your other eye is on the side of your cheek just rolling around seeing whatever.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "newbert, Beitrag: 2921890, Mitglied: 514322"] Thanks for today's race, guys! Once again, my performance re-iterates that I suck at this! :laugh:But it's still great fun. Had to quit after about halfway as by then I was getting a BlueFlag almost every lap. (Maybe I should change my username to "Blue Flag Bert". :D) That ratcheted up the pressure on me (Didn't want to ruin anyone's race...) so when I slid into the wall a second time, I decided to give it up. I have a question about set-ups though -- the damn "CrewChief" kept telling me that my tires are cold (and I was understeering a bit) even deep into the race. I lowered the tire pressure as low as it'll go, but I was still getting these messages. Can anyone provide a tip or two to cope with always cold tires? Thanks! [/ QUOTE]

Don't give up. You reminded me of me. Only blue flags are seen and still tried to learn from everything and continue to learn

Last edited:

2tQXRLE

Attachments

• 6ca6efa06666b15fa4abf00835ba4190.jpg
    6ca6efa06666b15fa4abf00835ba4190.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 109
@newbert
Some people are just fast out of the box, with only
a bit of refinement and car setup to get the next
level. ( and with a xbox pad and 17” monitor, that really hurts :confused:)
When I went on line after spending time with AI
I could not believe how fast real humans can be.
I think my first online Gt3 RaceDepartment race,
I was 7 seconds off the pace, also quite a few races after that ( bugger ).
If I had been fast out of the box, I think I would
have given up long a go. There is a real satisfaction
In constantly improving, it took me about 12 months of
effort to get were I am at the moment, ( okay, I know that’s not very far ) :(, still get hammered by the best drivers in RaceDepartment .
But no more blue flags.:)
Still not a quick driver, but I have learnt how to
run a race and that can count for a lot.
The journey is much more satisfying than the finish
line.

You will get a lot of help from this forum too.:thumbsup:

What
@Jani1980
said is good advice , we have been racing together
for at least a couple of years that I can remember.

@newbert
effort to get were I am at the moment, ( okay, I know that’s not very far ) :(, still get hammered by the best drivers in RaceDepartment .
line.

What
@Jani1980

I drove a good year before I dared to fight someone on the track. Many new ones do not think of the fact that this is not a public race and this behavior is unfortunately seen immediately.
It makes fun with the people even if some maneuver something exaggerate in their front position but luckily they are not always there.

@newbert
line.

What
@Jani1980

Thank you for this. Don't worry about me - I'm not giving up. I'm having too much fun!

Yes that does get old. Is there a way to force push to talk on the team speak server?

Hearing the sound of beer cans being cracked open, followed by the odd beer burp does kill the immersion side of things. It's like having Barney Gumble in the car. To add insult to injury, there is no way I can make it to the fridge in time during the pitstop.

Hearing the sound of beer cans being cracked open, followed by the odd beer burp does kill the immersion side of things. It's like having Barney Gumble in the car. To add insult to injury, there is no way I can make it to the fridge in time during the pitstop.
Perhaps, you should get one of those mini-fridges placed next to your wheel! A urinal would be nice as well, for us older guys! That would make it a true "pit stop" ! :D

I blacked screened about with about 10 minutes left in the race so I don't have it either. I was hugging the inside because I knew you were there. We both made it (thank you wonky Kunos collision model didn't kill both of us this time:confused::D) since we barely touched and it was good fun racing. As far as I'm concerned, Goose, we're good mate.

I hope I didn't kill anyone going down the main straight towards the end of the race when my game froze and gave me a black screen. I turned to the right to stay on the inside wall and had the brakes mashed through the wall in case I still had control, but from the sound, car revs were stuck) I highly doubt I was in control:(

@Phantom Kneo I am soooooo sorry that I turned down on you brother:unsure: I really thought you had pulled a great over under on my coming out of the corner so when I moved to the edge of the track and you were there:confused: it was an oh :poop: moment for me and I probably ruined your race. I have Helicorsa AND Car Radar running, but because I'm old I just missed it. I'm going to move it up higher in my view now that this has happened.

@Medilloni aka "Grand Pa" I don't know what you've been...........smoking, drinking, eating etc etc etc, but good grief man SLOW DOWN. You are flying my man. Great to see, but remember
n4feebfc17dc0b.gif

Time Bandits, thanks for letting me join and run with you boys. I'll be back as health permits. I really do miss racing with you guys. @Craig Dunkley thank you for hosting and giving these guys a place to race:)

@Bobby Pennington No problem and apology accepted. I was good racing though. We were side by side coming out of Turn 7 I think. I figured you didn't see me and thought I was behind you. I did not have the pace w/ the 650S and I was struggling to keep temps in the medium tires. So I couldn't defend to save my life. So I would given the place back anyway. My ping was really high dues to internet issues and my fps was suffering as well. I just starting racing online it is good test for me and great fun!! See ya on the track!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%