AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring, Sunday 27th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
wec-spa-francorchamps-2016-71-af-corse-ferrari-488-gte-davide-rigon-sam-bird.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. We will follow the F1 teams to the RedBullRing again this week. It is a fast and relatively short circuit with no more than 10 corners of which only one is slow. We've been here before and with a full grid it will be intens and a lot of fun. So join us for 60 minutes of exciting racing action and sign up here:

If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.

Austria_Circuit.png

On Wednesday, there is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for this race by joining a multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup event on the same track. You can learn the racing lines, overtaking spots and even the braking points in a car that's less demanding than the GT3s -- and you can still have a lot of fun at the same time! Look for the multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 event in UPCOMING EVENTS section on the left of this page or at RD community on S.GP.

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server information:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 20 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (60 minutes)

Cars: DLC is required for this event

Event details:
  • Track: Red Bull Ring, Austria
  • Pit stop: Mandatory
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Damage: 10%

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)
Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Hmm, SGP again. Bit reluctant to spent the time to practice with the crash again last week :/ Is that being looked into before this Sunday?

I know it's not your fault @HF2000, just this unreliability is always demotivating at the back of my mind.

Hmm, SGP again. Bit reluctant to spent the time to practice with the crash again last week :/ Is that being looked into before this Sunday?

I know it's not your fault @HF2000, just this unreliability is always demotivating at the back of my mind.
Hi Chris,

We had some sgp events that went well until yesterday. And as you suspect that it's a network problem, I'd like to try the Frankfurt server instead of Dublin. I will do that also with the coming multiclass event this Wednesday.

I will report the crash to Steve.

I can't even login to sgp site :roflmao: :roflmao: it just show loading ball spinning :D

@Chris Down and @Aksu

Yesterday we had a multiclass event for which I used the Frankfurt server instead of the Dublin server. It went smoothly. The event Sunday will also be on the Frankfurt server so fingers crossed!

Wtf, my game crashed and it returned me to main menu. No clue why it did that. What a shame was in solid P4, hope you guys had fun.
If someone could upload replay somewhere that would be great.

Last edited:
Entered the pits for a pitstop and no amount of jigging around would force it to refuel. Sure I set up the pitstop OK but I must have knocked it to a zero fuel stop.

My first DNF since I started :(

Have to say the Nissan was handling like a barge today. Used my normal setup so don't know what's happened. On to next week...

Simresults: https://simresults.net/210627-sv7

Great race everyone, but especially to @Aksu. Man, I am scared, you are getting better and better in the 650s every week. Really impressive rate of progress :thumbsup:

This was a very excing race, Aki and me were doing basically the same times for the majority of the race (and Aki had the fastest lap time). I mostly edged it out in consistency, judging by the race stats, rather than pure speed. This is one of my stronger tracks so I'm waiting to get my ass kicked next week depending on what gets chosen ;)

First stint was all about getting great exits from the corners and making sure Aki couldn't find any place to overtake. After the first couple of laps where there was some scary countdown on my realtime (0.3 seconds behind... 0.2 seconds... 0.1 seconds...), I said out loud to myself as my goal to get the gap to 1 second, which I eventually did. After that I set my goal to 2 seconds, which took most of the first stint(!). Really great pace from Aki. We went into the pits a little bit after the half way mark with 4-5 seconds between us, and came out basically the same.

Second stint was a bit more solitary, mostly just by myself, but with some backmarkers. Had a couple of scary moments but nothing too "code brown", just some minor outbraking that, on a gravel circuit, give you some pause...

Congrats to @Aksu and @demetri on the podium, and thanks to @Interslice and @HF2000 for organising! Get well soon Han!

Wtf, my game crashed and it returned me to main menu. No clue why it did that. What a shame was in solid P4, hope you guys had fun.
If someone could upload replay somewhere that would be great.

Sorry to hear that mate, but here you go :)

Last edited:
Nice race today, everyone. Managed to avoid lap 1 incidents and found myself in P11. Had a fun time trying to keep @thom462 behind. Started the second stint on the right foot with a better-planned stop and was able to cut the gap to @Marko77 . Spent the rest of the race whittling down the time to Mark but with P4-6 catching all that work was fruitless.

Apologies @Chris Down for the clunky blue flag.

No worries @Partick Eaton thanks for waiting. :thumbsup:

As I said, nice race everyone. A pleasure to be back and racing again. Cheers, guys, and I'll see ya next week.

Good to be back. I’ve been racing once in the last 9 months and today I decided to race again. It was so much fun that I rly have to keep doing this again.

To the race itself, I really didn’t expect to get P4 after this break. Well Red Bull Ring has been one of my favorite tracks. It was so tight battle with @Stefan and @Ernie the whole 60 minutes. I started from P8 and screwed up the start and dropped to P11. Then I went to pursuit and it was so intensive racing with Stefan and Ernie that I don’t think that it has never been so much fun. Thank you guys for the great battle!

@Aksu and @Chris Down is battling in the whole other category :D. That pace is unbelievable.. And considering that Aki hasn’t been racing either for almost a year, it’s so weird that the pace is so brilliant :D.

Thanks guys and hopefully I can join next week!

BTW; It would be great if we could have race at Bathurst or VIR on upcoming weeks :p

Last edited:
Another uneventful race for me. I tried splash and dash on one set of softs strategy hoping that Chris and Aki would battle each other slowing them down and give me a chance to jump them in the pits and then impersonate a fat rolling chicane for them, but that didn't happen. Aki pitted one lap later than me and came out of the pits almost a second ahead, so that was the end of it. But I'm not sure if I would've been able to hold him for all 19 remaining laps anyway on my worn tires.

Tires condition at the race finish:
20210627144713_1.jpg

But the car felt alright, didn't try to kill me at all, just was very slow in the end

Thanks to @HF2000 for organising. Nice event this evening.

I had a nice qualy but the race didn't go that well. Survived the start. @demetri had a slowish launch but when i went to go to his inside @thom462 was also coming across to the outside so i had to pull back to not wipe out the entire field!

Struggled for consistency on stint 1, not helped by a pain in my wrist that randomly appeared around lap 4 or 5. Spent the last 2 days working in the garden and my arms were feeling it a bit since dinner!

Held onto 5th for most of the first stint as myself and stefan repeated the first half of chang. I then proceeded to make an absolute mess of my in-lap to the pits. I think maybe from trying to be too cautious on the last lap or so. Had a wobble on the last corner, which had 2 gtrs right on me, before spinning at T6. Two horrible corners, i find. Second stint was lonely as a result!

I hopefully learned something more than don't race with sore arms from tonight to carry forward!

Congrats chris and the podium! Welcome back to mika also, great drive tonight to get that p4!

Last edited:
What an intense race again. After Chang I really thought this might be some chilling laps around good old RBR. After quali the times of P4 to P10 were all within a second making it an intense race again.
Although, I really like the track is it not one of my fast ones, so I was quite happy starting in P7. After the start I found myself in P6 right behind Brian. Again :O_o: The entire first stint I shadowed him quite close, but only could make one or two tries in overtaking. Setteling in behind him, I got the great idea to pit earlier and try the undercut. So I went into the pits 2 laps earlier then normal. I could keep my position against Ernie and Miika who were close behind and also catch Brian, now realizing he hadnt the greatest pit.

Now in P4 and in front of the group, I really struggled although I had clean air. Miika could catch up and we had a short battle. On overtaking, I got a little hit on my front making me going off track. Luckily I didnt lost much time, just another position to Ernie. Seeing the battle now unfold in front of me I could take advantage and catch Ernie to be back in P5. Miika always was just too far ahead for me to make a decent move.
While my tires were gone in the last 5 laps, dues to my early stop, Ernie was getting closer again.
I tried to defend a little to hard into the hairpin making me going wide on the exit. Used and blocking tires really didnt help much. Pushed Ernie to the outside, but both of us could continue. Apologies for that!
Next lap it was the same corners but switched positions on track. I braked earlier on the outside so I could immediately switch back positions.

In P5 for the remaining last lap my tires just screamed. Pushing this hard for the entire race made my fuel calculation going wild. Just 5 meters after the finish line my car stopped with 0 L left. That was closer then expected.

See you all next week.
Hopefully with a more leisure track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%