AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 21st February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi John,

The CSP, Sol and physics additions to the game allow the scene to be so accurate that it is possible to see markers from afar and at high speed - which helps consistency and confidence massively. I have SirSpats Gaming to thank for his excellent guides on how to set the jewel of a sim up.
Hey Jack,
What is CSP
what is Sol
and what physics additions are you referring to?

Hey Jack,
What is CSP
what is Sol
and what physics additions are you referring to?
CSP is Custom Shaders Patch which started as some graphics improvements (like ReShade), but since have had lots of things added (e.g. racing at night, rain effects, adjustable mirrors, stereo mirrors for VR, etc). The latest versions also include some physics and FFB changes. I didn't try that, anything newer that the version I'm running (0.1.144) is too hard on my GPU in VR.
Sol is weather/lighting add-on built on top of CSP magic. You can get it here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/

No. Because you can't record useful telemetry during replays and not for other cars :p

For everyone, his own car is correct in his own replay.
So when I send you my telemetry files or my replay, you'll see the correct values for my car :)
I knew you would have something to say about this :) - actually I was just checking your telemetry wasn't 20 kmh faster :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Some little gem of screenshot haha

RBR_BSOD_Flight.jpg

Late post:

Thank you everyone for a fun race day and thank you chris for hosting even though you weren't well. I picked up a few pointers from watching the more skilled drivers which will give me some things to work on for next time.

Also, i hear a lot of talk about setups but dont know much about them. Can anyone point me towards any resources for learning the basics of setups? (good youtube channels etc..)
thx again!

Late post:

Thank you everyone for a fun race day and thank you chris for hosting even though you weren't well. I picked up a few pointers from watching the more skilled drivers which will give me some things to work on for next time.

Also, i hear a lot of talk about setups but dont know much about them. Can anyone point me towards any resources for learning the basics of setups? (good youtube channels etc..)
thx again!
I think chris haye has a pretty good series on setups in general. You can watch it here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWSWQyqnLDu7tLWE9P35Qog6Z8_xb7l_g

@beginer Try this one: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-setup-guides.99049/

But some info there seems to be incorrect/outdated (e.g. GT3 tire temp ranges are completely wrong - no way softs are OK at 100C).

Actual working ranges (where tires stay within 99% of their peak grip) are more like:
softs - 65-90C
mediums - 75-98C
hards - 78-107C

Ideal pressure for GT3 tires is 26 psi, though sometimes you can opt for significantly higher pressures to keep soft tires from overheating (just a bit, won't help if they massively overheat), because they go downhill after 95C pretty fast and you risk to lose your car in the next turn. Generally, the lower the pressures the more tires heat up.

One more important thing is aero stall. If you drop your car too low your front splitter or rear diffuser may stall and lose downforce (e.g front on braking or rear on acceleration). It can also happen for a moment when driving over uneven surfaces like bumps or curbs. This changes the balance of the car pretty significantly. One way to see if it's OK is by telemetry and Race Studio Analysis software. If you see GREFF 1 (front splitter) or 3 (rear diffuser) channels showing something like this (especially the bottom graph), it's stalling and if that happens at a place where you need this downforce (in a high-speed turn) you need to raise the car or get stiffer springs.

1614064885518.png

Oh, and one more thing: somehow negative rear toe works in AC even though the guide tells you not to bother.

@beginer Try this one: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-setup-guides.99049/

But some info there seems to be incorrect/outdated (e.g. GT3 tire temp ranges are completely wrong - no way softs are OK at 100C).

Actual working ranges (where tires stay within 99% of their peak grip) are more like:
softs - 65-90C
mediums - 75-98C
hards - 78-107C

Ideal pressure for GT3 tires is 26 psi, though sometimes you can opt for significantly higher pressures to keep soft tires from overheating (just a bit, won't help if they massively overheat), because they go downhill after 95C pretty fast and you risk to lose your car in the next turn. Generally, the lower the pressures the more tires heat up.

One more important thing is aero stall. If you drop your car too low your front splitter or rear diffuser may stall and lose downforce (e.g front on braking or rear on acceleration). It can also happen for a moment when driving over uneven surfaces like bumps or curbs. This changes the balance of the car pretty significantly. One way to see if it's OK is by telemetry and Race Studio Analysis software. If you see GREFF 1 (front splitter) or 3 (rear diffuser) channels showing something like this (especially the bottom graph), it's stalling and if that happens at a place where you need this downforce (in a high-speed turn) you need to raise the car or get stiffer springs.

View attachment 448166

Oh, and one more thing: somehow negative rear toe works in AC even though the guide tells you not to bother.
Is it just a software you download for ac or a mod? I searched 'studio analysis software download' on google but it gives you actual racing software, i think not for simracing?

Oh damn... :unsure: :redface: :barefoot:
Yeah that's the autopilot engaging after my pc has the blue screen.

Sorry again @uvraver! You were completely spun around by that :(

Here's the end of my (not listed) stream.
No idea why my car took the corner and then flew off.. I would've expected to fly straight through the braking zone and hopefully the cars in front of me already turning in so I wouldn't hit anyone...

View attachment 447891

I remember looking in the mirror and seeing you car flying towards me.
Oh damn... :unsure: :redface: :barefoot:
Yeah that's the autopilot engaging after my pc has the blue screen.

Sorry again @uvraver! You were completely spun around by that :(

Here's the end of my (not listed) stream.
No idea why my car took the corner and then flew off.. I would've expected to fly straight through the braking zone and hopefully the cars in front of me already turning in so I wouldn't hit anyone...

View attachment 447891
Some little gem of screenshot haha

View attachment 448025
Thats my 911 :) I think I understand what you all mean by Aliens now.

Last edited:

softs - 65-90C
mediums - 75-98C
hards - 78-107C

View attachment 448166

Yes!!! You are awesome! I took a quick glance and this is exactly the kind of thing i was looking for. Now all i need it a mod for oil slick and rocket launchers and I'll be ready to win one!
much love for thus community!!!

softs - 65-90C
mediums - 75-98C
hards - 78-107C

View attachment 448166

I've just installed Race Studio 2 and cant find any graphs for downforce readout as you have shown in post. How do you get this?
Thanks

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! We're at the much requested Donington next week for some British GT action. Come join us for 60 minutes of Sunday GT3!

Is it just a software you download for ac or a mod? I searched 'studio analysis software download' on google but it gives you actual racing software, i think not for simracing?
Not a mod. It is the actual racing software, but you get get it for free and it can import AC telemetry logs.

Set
[TELEMETRY]
DEBUG_PHYSICS=1

in Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%