1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU GT3 @ Red Bull ring - Sun 26Nov17

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eugene Abramoff, Nov 20, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 26-11-17
  1. Captain Condescending

Captain Condescending
    Nerd, Petrol Head, Professional Noob Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    Thanks for the race everyone, and thanks for putting it on @Eugene Abramoff

Just wanted to apologise to the person I hit early on, about 15-20mins in, in the third sector. I didn't see who it was. You had been involved in an incident ahead, I saw the other car spin off, and their cloud of smoke revealed you as I came around the 2nd left-hander so I had nowhere to go since you were on the racing line. Still, apologies for hitting you.

Also, after that incident I rejoined the track (on the sweeping right, 3rd to last corner) far too close to a guy. That was my bad, I didn't see you in the pathetic excuse for a mirror that Ferrari has.

I hope all of the nonsense about blue-flags etc hasn't put anyone off too much. I didn't suffer too badly, but I definitely saw some interesting interpretations of blue flags. I think if anyone is in need of clarification, it's probably best to ask a staff member. I didn't have the privilege of lapping too many guys today, but from those who I did, and those blue flag situations I observed, it seems the vast majority of people were great. Shame a minority has the ability to change the mood of a race completely.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luan Garcia

Luan Garcia
    Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    Terrible race for me, started really bad and hit some1 on turn 1. I really apologise.
    After that, had an incident with Umut and went off the track .After that the race was over to me :(
    Looking forward for the next week. Thank you for the race guys!

3. captain_manering

captain_manering
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    well started of with my electric tripping out so started half a lap down but still enjoyed it and a good leaning curve for me. gained a second on my pb the first time i have driven around the track and on a stock set up also.

hopefully start to pick up some pace in the coming races so im not lingering around the back of the pack

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium

Ratings:
    +886
    Really enjoyed the race, thanks RD staff :thumbsup:, its been a while. Had a nice battle with @Nuno Rodrigues but nearly got taken out by a back marker :O_o: Glad my mic was off might have been some spicy language :whistling::)
    I'm not sure why the blue flag was not respected by a few, hope the staff have a quiet word :cautious:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues
    Premium

Ratings:
    +215
    Really nice race. Good start and good first laps wiht Nico, Lucas and Paul.
    Did a few mistakes alone but gyus behind couldnt avoid me. Sorry guys.
    Then, Paul came again and it was fun till the end. GReat race mate.

Agree with Paul about the blue flags issue too! But in other hand, there were some other guys with an exemplar behavor on that.
    Grats to winner and all that could had good fun.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NickB

NickB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks a lot all for a good race. Not a good race from me but all my fault for not staying focused in a long race! A good learning experience racing with you lot!

Someone mentioned recording the race, is it available somewhere? Thanks!

7. Jani1980

Jani1980
    Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    All races on sunday now 1h ? :)

8. Tymon Douglas

Tymon Douglas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +24
    I have the race replay file. It is 90mb compressed, do you want me to upload it?

9. NickB

NickB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    Sure, if you don't mind, thanks!

10. Eugene Abramoff

Eugene Abramoff
    Staff

Ratings:
    +890
    Yes, that is the new format.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Jani1980

Jani1980
    Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    And now the Pitstop’s with Tire change madatory...
    if it is controllable :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Luan Garcia

Luan Garcia
    Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    Is the tire change mandatory or pit only? One may go with medium tyre and just complete gas. Much faster pit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Eugene Abramoff

Eugene Abramoff
    Staff

Ratings:
    +890
    Minimum requirement is to stop and put at least 1 liter of fuel.

14. Lucas Gerlach

Lucas Gerlach
    Premium

Ratings:
    +116
    Okay I´m a bit late but here is my video of the race. I had a realy bad start but got third at the end after a realy intense fight with Eugene.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. acidburn82uk

acidburn82uk
    That's nice! Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Live stream dude!

• Like Like x 1