AC GT3 Race @ Imola - Friday, July 14th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
hey bobby was great chasing you, i had no straight line speed even with draft to pass you on the main straight so i tried to push you and force a mistake on you.
great consistency, sadly i had some trouble with a neighbour making noise that was driving me nuts so i had to heck off to tell them to shut up. :thumbsdown: (couldnt focus at all)
Ignacio I agree. We had a great battle:) I kept making tiny mistakes because I couldn't shake you ( you were my shadow) so we had a great back and forth. I did protect the inside line a few times and I know if I hadn't, you would be gone. Then wouldn't you know it, here comes the Flying Finn @Aksu aka Aki who eats pavement for breakfast:laugh: I was like oh great I'm gonna die:D Somehow he survived being anywhere within 100 meters of me, Thank You Racing Gods, and was able to get by without me screwing it all up.

I noticed at the bottom of the hill in the two left handers that led onto the straight you disappeared:( So sorry it was your neighbors that caused that. I was looking forward to continuing that battle. Probably would have caused me to have a stroke, but it would have been worth it:thumbsup:

Noticed before you disconnected you sent me the kind words via chat. I'm young enough where I can see and read that while racing, but I'm entirely too old to be able to type and race:p:laugh: Anyways, thanks for the mention and I look forward to another battle with you my friend;)

Have a great weekend:thumbsup:

Hugely sorry to whoever was in the Audi that I punted American Football style at T1 at the start. I completely out-broke myself after avoiding a collision on my left hand side, made sure to give you back the position. You and I actually made our way back up the field pretty nicely.

I don't play AC often, there's something about the handling I can't wrap my head around, and the collision physics are the same as ever... :O_o:

Have a good weekend gents!
I think it was me :unsure:
I was at 5th or 6th pos on braking to first corner when suddenly got tomahawk missile to my audi's side panel :roflmao: Luckily it did not get through and I stayed alive ;) Car seemed to be unbroken but not possible to enter back to track on that corner. So I drove all the way through sand to next straight and saw somebody waited me there :thumbsup:
Couple of f-words later.... I threw every ballast rocks out of my audi which @Bobby Pennington put in there and started chase :laugh:
Rest of the race was pretty good climbing all the way through 3rd place.

Ignacio I agree. We had a great battle:) I kept making tiny mistakes because I couldn't shake you ( you were my shadow) so we had a great back and forth. I did protect the inside line a few times and I know if I hadn't, you would be gone. Then wouldn't you know it, here comes the Flying Finn @Aksu aka Aki who eats pavement for breakfast:laugh: I was like oh great I'm gonna die:D Somehow he survived being anywhere within 100 meters of me, Thank You Racing Gods, and was able to get by without me screwing it all up.

I noticed at the bottom of the hill in the two left handers that led onto the straight you disappeared:( So sorry it was your neighbors that caused that. I was looking forward to continuing that battle. Probably would have caused me to have a stroke, but it would have been worth it:thumbsup:

Noticed before you disconnected you sent me the kind words via chat. I'm young enough where I can see and read that while racing, but I'm entirely too old to be able to type and race:p:laugh: Anyways, thanks for the mention and I look forward to another battle with you my friend;)

Have a great weekend:thumbsup:
It was that one mistake you did ;-) Just little wide to slow you down but you left nice space left hand side to get past. Cheers for that! :thumbsup:
Otherwise you have greatly improved your driving since last gt3 race! Maybe that porsche wasn't your piece of cake ;)

That might have been me, but I don't think so since I wouldn't have described it as a punt at all. I think I was behind you and to your right (maybe our bumpers were alongside), and as you shifted to avoid what was going on to your left, you nudged me and I went straight into the gravel from the braking zone, so I just got caught up in the turn one fray. But that's just racing, I don't blame you.

I do think we had some scrapping going on between us behind Fernando in the Z4 and again a bit after, and man can you follow. Unfortunately, I just barely clipped the grass on the outside right behind you as I swung into T1 (totally my fault) and completely lost the car. I then stayed 10-12 seconds behind you for the rest of the race, but it was a good run up until then.

Rough at times, but a fun night overall, especially for my first GT3 race. :thumbsup:

Yep, interesting race, but still fun in the end. :p I was struggling in the AMG all night, didn't get the setup right so the mid-corner understeer was absolutely killing me. I played around with the car some more after the race and completely re-install the setup, the car feels much better now.

I was wondering why virtually nobody picked the AMG, I think I have my answer now. :D The baseline setup is horrendously understeery and doesn't handle bumps or kerbs all that well.

Yep, interesting race, but still fun in the end. :p I was struggling in the AMG all night, didn't get the setup right so the mid-corner understeer was absolutely killing me. I played around with the car some more after the race and completely re-install the setup, the car feels much better now.

I was wondering why virtually nobody picked the AMG, I think I have my answer now. :D The baseline setup is horrendously understeery and doesn't handle bumps or kerbs all that well.

Glad it sounds like you have it figured out then.
I think I'll at least try a different style of setup for tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. I'll be up fiddling with that soon. But good luck to you at Silverstone!

Would anyone happen to have the replay of Quali and the Race? I've got someone asking (yes it's me....I never finish in the top 10 in these things:p:p) and I would like to have a copy just as a reminder that YES I did have one decent night racing with you guys:thumbsup: It's always fun no matter what, but the Inner Stripper in me wants to have it's ego fed just a little and watch myself:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I always have the replay, but The Racing Gods were kind enough to me to let me finish where I did and decided enough was enough........"He cannot have the replay":(

Thanks guys:thumbsup:

Saw the replay - my fault - I touched dirk and went at 90 degrees, game over. Bonkers physics. Really dumb. Should have been a 'rub'. Was a massive off that affected us both. Hard to race.

I do like the game but it tries your patience.

I waited all night for that arse.
I learned about the incident only after the race when watching the replay - really hated to see your race ended that way. The entire first few laps lapping the circuit was a bit like a visit to a war zone - every other corner several cars stranded and often enough people reentering the track or slowly crossing the track.

When I got hit in that corner I simply picked up my car and got back racing again - never stop, just keep the race going.
In the end I went from 18th in qualifying (don't ask) into the top ten group finishing the race ;-)
… so, even if it hurts, even if you have to go back to the pits to get the car repaired, you got to end the race.

Results:
http://simresults.net/170715-8Qn
Fun racing guys, and Dirk :thumbsup:
Yes Pete, it was great fun chasing you over and over a few times - thanks for the nice race!

I really wish next race around people cool it off during the first few laps and prevent the mayhem. It really is not up to one selves skills but to the very tight driving around each other into those tight first corners 4-5 cars wide.
On top of that physics in Assetto Corsa tend to spin cars upon contact whereas on the racetracks with real GT3 and GTE cars we see contact door to door and cars simply keep running without flying in all directions.

We have to adapt to this on the track and simply give everyone more space when racing in large packs.

I was actually quite happy in retrospect to have had to start from so far back in the field today. This really gave me the chance to completely circumvent the first corner explosion and make it through in one piece ;-)

Would anyone happen to have the replay of Quali and the Race? I've got someone asking (yes it's me....I never finish in the top 10 in these things:p:p) and I would like to have a copy just as a reminder that YES I did have one decent night racing with you guys:thumbsup: It's always fun no matter what, but the Inner Stripper in me wants to have it's ego fed just a little and watch myself:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I always have the replay, but The Racing Gods were kind enough to me to let me finish where I did and decided enough was enough........"He cannot have the replay":(

Thanks guys:thumbsup:
I would.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/C5qomsidUmWEMaUeeyPxbvWmICmR88FqeKAdhlfku1G
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/3HvWvu3lUUu5p2RfCc2CrSIqeMX09IEqPKimT2ajLZd

Race results: http://simresults.net/170715-6JV

I learned about the incident only after the race when watching the replay - really hated to see your race ended that way. The entire first few laps lapping the circuit was a bit like a visit to a war zone - every other corner several cars stranded and often enough people reentering the track or slowly crossing the track.

When I got hit in that corner I simply picked up my car and got back racing again - never stop, just keep the race going.
In the end I went from 18th in qualifying (don't ask) into the top ten group finishing the race ;-)
… so, even if it hurts, even if you have to go back to the pits to get the car repaired, you got to end the race.
Understood, however, my mistake was thinking a 2am start on a Friday evening was a good idea. I was practising during the day and doing 1:43's, I could barely do a 1:45 by the time we got to qualy. I was just shattered by then.

Nice meeting y'all though.

Yes James, some of use battle at a disadvantage in our time zone ;-)

To me these races mean to compete on the first coffee only in the 0700 or 0800am - the perfect way to start a day ;-)

Did you have a look also at the EU event times here at RD - they may fit better in your schedule, always happy you are racing with us US timers if you stay up late!

Cheers and see you at the next race (look out for next weeks GTE event @ Monza).

Understood, however, my mistake was thinking a 2am start on a Friday evening was a good idea. I was practising during the day and doing 1:43's, I could barely do a 1:45 by the time we got to qualy. I was just shattered by then.

Nice meeting y'all though.
In the beginning there was:
lggpp30320+pint-of-the-black-stuff-guinness-giant-poster.jpg

Next came:
3334881520.jpg

Now we have:
215394.jpg
James Mc
130257.jpg

:D:D:D:D
Enjoyed hanging out with you. Would have been more fun had I been at your house. You're my kind of McMan:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%