Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 GT3 Power Pack Update.jpg

Studio 397 have deployed a first update to the recently released GT3 Power Pack that brings some new features and improved performance in game.

The new update comes just seven days after the very first rFactor 2 paid DLC was released to the public via the Steam network, and impacts all five cars of this latest GT3 themed DLC offering for rFactor 2.

The main focus of the update would around improving the framerate hit when using these cars in comparison to older content, however Studio 397 have managed to sneak in a few nice updates and improvements to the cars alongside this much requested FPS boost.

Notable for the improved damage model that came as part of an update alongside the DLC drop, the developers have put in some further work to refine the sensitivity to contact with other cars and their surroundings, hopefully bringing the reaction of the latest damage model closer to where the studio feels is appropriate in what is a very much improved aspect of the simulation.

Other notable changes include some new animation around backfires for all five cars and other visual tweaks, which can be read in the changelog below:

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.79
  • Reworked tire and rim blur animation.
  • New backfire animation.
  • Fixed spokes sorting in front of debris/smoke.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.15
  • Adjusted LOD distances for better performance.
  • Damage sensitivity adjusted.
  • Backfire smoke/vapor added.
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.15
  • New backfire animation.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.07
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.09
  • Fixed black artifact appearing in cockpit.
Just in case you missed it earlier, don't forget to check out our interview with @Marcel Offermans of Studio 397 about the DLC, future developments, rain and all things rF2 past and present...

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

rF2 GT3 Power Pack Update 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Pleased to see a new update released so soon after the DLC drop? Happy with the changes made? What are your opinions of the DLC so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
15€ is too expensive

I am going to support these guys and skip a coffee or two for the DLC.

I have been on the ISI rF1/rF2 train since the beginning and overall the products have been a bit disappointing. Compared to Reiza's AMS, the value rF2 has generally been a waist of money.

That said the potential that could be achieved by Studio 397 is not to be ignored... I am a hard core user and I want to keep hard core race sims alive in a gaming environment that is practically impossible to survive.

At this point if we loose rF2 then the future of the hard core racer is going no where. IMO

Cheers

I do not understand the issue here, both the single 650s car and the GT3 pack are priced and sold independent of each other. You had a choice of each, you chose option 1 albeit you now want option 2 but think you should not be liable for the cost of a prior purchase?!? But yes Turn 10 FH3, RRE also do this; next time I suggest you are clear with your intentions ergo hold off purchasing if the issue here was purchasing the unknown and waiting to see what the other 4 cars were.
Your other option is to contact Steam and inquire if they will refund you!
UK Pricing
1) http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1/
2) http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1001/

Mod edit
You was warned and now you edit a moderators post..
do not do that again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just how hard would it be to:

You already own McLaren
so in pack purchase we remove the McLaren and ONLY charge for the remaining cars even if not on a discount....
HOW HARD IS THAT?

In fairness iTunes if you purchase a single then buy the album they only charge for the missing songs in your collection, so you won't be doubling up...
In this day and age of digital we don't own a physical copy so its not like having two CD's on for car one for the home e.g.
You should not be charged for something you already purchased.

Racerooom only charge for the content you don't have. That is a fair option. For some people RF2 has already cost quite a bit. And with freely available mods allowing you to race these cars, you have the option of boycotting this DLC until it's cheaper. This is a consumer choice. No one should get upset. Buy or don't buy.
I'll buy when the pack is on sale or it comes with a greater qty of cars and/or includes a track or two.

I wonder about the change of the Studio397 economic model.
If they are intent to do that, a season pass would be pertinent.

I hope that the new content / features will offset the DLC offers. I don't want to see rF2 go the way of R3E... but if that's what it takes to survive in the market I guess I will decide to cross (or not) that bridge when it comes.

I hope that the new content / features will offset the DLC offers. I don't want to see rF2 go the way of R3E... but if that's what it takes to survive in the market I guess I will decide to cross (or not) that bridge when it comes.

Judging on how popular RRE is i'd say it's not the best way.
I love RRE i'd say its actually IMO (the most important opinion to me at least) is my favorite sim and i own them all.
But it has burnt a lot of bridges it seems with the pricing structure.
Sim racing is cheap compared to even karting so i have no issue with any of the pricing personally, but would never see the point in buying 2 of the same digital car. At a push i'd buy a car again if i got another 20 skins for example...

I was angry in a computer game context yes, for the WFG i purchased the McLaren, then fast forword to the GT3 pack and the McLaren is obviously in there, so if i purchase said pack does it remove the McLaren so I don't pay for the same car twice.
It would be a good move by the devs IMO because RF2 has a shed load of free content almost too much to fully enjoy (let alone all the other sims and content i have!) if you have a normal life as well as sim driving, so frankly despite only spending £11.99 to get the game i can pass on this till some sort of discount.
Had they honored me already buying the McLaren i'd i had this pack straight away..
I'm not tight, to prove it i invested in ALL RRE content!! and have been buying cars and tracks on iRacing...
but i draw the line at simply paying for stuff twice when its not needed and is an error by devs or at worst a naughty way to rip people off.

So sorry if that makes me a ****.

Ok, I guess we see things differently and that's fine really, I was just trying to explain why I don't see it as a rip off or even a mistake from them, it's a sale strategy used by everyone in this world, you either take advantage of a bundle deal while it's available or you'll eventually pay more....online, clothing stores, grocery stores, at Walmart, everywhere.

If the McLaren had gone out before the bundle deal then I'd agree with you, but they came out at the same time, so if you were purchasing the McLaren because you wanted to participate in WFG and thought you'd eventually buy the rest of the cars, then you should've bought the pack since the beginning as it was clear it was a better deal.
They gave everyone the opportunity to get a deal on the bundle, if some people were hesitant and decided to just go for the McLaren and eventually change their mind, that's not S397's fault.

Not trying to go on an endless debate here, if you don't want to pay for it that's fine, maybe it'll go on sale later and you change your mind :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.8%