AC GT3 @ Paul Ricard - Wed 4 Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well the Camaro had some very nice low end torque. I used 0-2 wings for both the qualifying and the race. For quali it was perfect, for the race it was disappointing. Couldn't catch Dragos, let alone Niki!
I felt that the extra fuel weight at the race start made the car sooo sluggish. I ran wide at 3-4 corners at the first 2 laps because of that. It reminds me of the P4/5 in this aspect.

Was an exciting beginning to the race, unfortunately the camaro probably could have used a lot more tuning, since it really didn't like curbs at all. Needed to be softened a bit, but anyways. Tried to keep my composure through it all, but ended up spinning a couple of times. Niki was very quick, i certainly had no hope of catching him.

Nice racing guys!

Most eventful race for me with GT3 cars since i started to race with them, many battles, some dramatic moments, luck combined with unluck.
Most positive for me out of this race, is that i'm starting to understand what i want from this type of cars and my setup was much more agile and much better stability under braking allowing me to do what i want more or less, looking forward for Monza Saturday.
Tho the most negative side of today's race was the fact that in lap 15th i've lost completly the sound of the game (never happened before:unsure:), made things difficult as i was driving from memory at this point and became around 1 sec slower per lap...

Highlights:

Tho the most negative side of today's race was the fact that in lap 15th i've lost completly the sound of the game (never happened before:unsure:), made things difficult as i was driving from memory at this point and became around 1 sec slower per lap...
Remove all python apps and run a Steam cache integrity check. If it happens again, set the Latency slider to Normal in the AC audio options.

Reactions: Si
It was a nice race, sadly i got spinned in the first corner and afterwards i was bummed and lost concentration I think and had some grip problems of my own on the dusty track at the beginning so I spun some more, ending up at last place. As today was first day I practiced the track I found it hard to keep good speed on the corners, either pushed too hard and lost control which meant more lost time or just being too slow to get anything done. In retrospect slow, but more consistent laps could've netted me higher place in the ranking but I'm learning. I've been playing too much hotlap simulator and not enough race simulator, so this is exciting new stuff and even though the race went pretty badly for me there is plenty of stuff I can learn from it ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back