AC GT3 @ Okayama - Monday 08 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
OKAYAMA-GT3.png

Yes this is the Sunday GT3 event, running this week on a Monday. We are racing in "light fog" so I would strongly recommend that you map your headlights, not to see, but to be seen. This week we are on our way to Japan, I hope you like the cuisine. We will be racing at "Okayama" circuit. A superb track mod, that always provides great racing and lots of fun.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Racing Rules & Server Password: click here

Practice Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 PRACTICE #13
Race Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 RACE #12

Cars: DLC will be required to participate in this event
Track: Okayama International circuit 1.0 Download

Layout: Full Course
Track Temps: 29c
Track Conditions: Light Fog - Map your Headlights - BE SEEN
Pitstop:
10 - 40 minutes
Driving Assists: Factory ABS, Factory TC, Tire blankets
Jump Start: = Drive Through

Schedule (EU): Monday 08 April 2019
Practice: 19:15 UTC (30 minutes) - (15 minutes later than normal)
Qualifying:
19:45 UTC (25 minutes)
Race: 20:15 UTC (50 Minutes) Mandatory Pitstop
Entry List :
  1. [B][COLOR=#0059b3]Craig Dunkley[/COLOR][/B]
  2. HF2000 - 650
  3. Jack_Taylor9 - Spare
  4. asteroulis - 911
  5. Medilloni - 650
  6. Kek700 - 650
  7. Spilskinanka - 911
  8. pattikins - 650
  9. pattikins - SCG
  10. Faceplant - GT-R
  11. Bruno Iwanczuk - 650
  12. PfzFantaribo - Lambo
  13. Mastik - SCG
  14. Dennis Phelan - 911
  15. Rui F. Martins - R8
  16. pfleety - SCG
  17. Reik Major - R8
  18. Björn Johansson - 488
  19. Captain Condescending - AMG
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
R8 02 Z4 00 488 01 Lambo 01 650 05 AMG 01 GT-R 01 911 03 SCG 03

UTP# 02 -CD

Last edited:
Next Event: Monday 15 April 2019
  • IMSA/WEC Multiclass
  • Track: Watkins Glen International 1.0 Download
  • Race Length: 50 minutes - Mandatory Pit Stop 10 - 40 minutes
  • Track Layout: Watkins Glen Boot Classic Endurance
  • Track Temps: 27c
  • Track Conditions: Clear

Last edited:
Sounds like it will be a great race in the fog, but unfortunately I can only race weekends at the moment. Looks like Monday is the new Sunday as next weeks event is Monday also!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy :thumbsup:

Hmm fog. Never raced in that. Hope I can practice with some other drivers to get used to the lights. 650s please, Craig!

Btw, why the change to 50 minutes for the race?

Is this a one-off event or all further AC GT3 races are also going to be run on Mondays?

Well ACC the successor to AC GT3 runs on a Sunday night, last sunday with had 11 drivers, the Sunday before that we had 14 drivers, clearly ACC is having a huge impact and a lot of AC GT3 drivers are racing there, you can not blame them really, it is a better GT3 sim. This will only increase as ACC bugs reduce and it brings out more tracks, more cars and triple screen support ..It is the GT3 sim.

This way you get to have GT3 on a Sunday and a Monday..if we do not get enough drivers? then I may have to try a different class car :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hmm fog. Never raced in that. Hope I can practice with some other drivers to get used to the lights. 650s please, Craig!

Btw, why the change to 50 minutes for the race?

It is not big deal my friend, you can clearly see, your headlights just help other drivers to clearly see you ..there is an option to race in heavy fog, now this makes a huge difference :thumbsup: ..Welcome aboard, glad that you can make it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well ACC the successor to AC GT3 runs on a Sunday night, last sunday with had 11 drivers, the Sunday before that we had 14 drivers, clearly ACC is having a huge impact and a lot of AC GT3 drivers are racing there, you can not blame them really, it is a better GT3 sim. This will only increase and ACC brings out more tracks, more cars and triple screen support ..It is the GT3 sim.

This way you get to have GT3 on a Sunday and a Monday..if we do not get enough drivers? they I may have to try a different class car :thumbsup:
I suppose GTE would be the next logical step. Or some historical class... Problem is that in AC outside GT3 it is very hard to have a non singleclass race... Group C we have 3 completely different cars. The Mazda doesn't have the pace to keep up with the Porsche and the Merc is in Le Mans spec so very low downforce. So we have 3 completely different cars. We could do a GT40, 330 P4 and Porsche 908 for classic endurance...

More modern stuff is complicated since classic DTM is already present. Unless the sunday races move to the RSS GT cars or GT4s though again, these are pretty similar to GT3s...

Probably biggest shortcoming in AC. We have one or two cars from each class so racing a full field of them is quite difficult.

I suppose GTE would be the next logical step

Yes it is the logical step and one I might be forced to try? ..I have to be really careful on my direction .I mean I love group C, but there are many drivers that do not, if I put on a group C event now, we would get 6 maybe 7 drivers. Mazda Cup is great, it pulls in a lot of members, but you have to choose your track wisely.

So if we move away from GT3, we need a class of car that can handle all our favorite tracks ..it may well be GTE...at least them we could move back to a Sunday night...there is also a GTE Ferrari and GTE Ford out there ..they would need to be tested and bop ...but is certainly not impossible ..just put a server online and ask for help, we could end up with a cool list of GTE cars

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing