AC GT3 @ Okayama - Monday 08 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yeah I was using the Bathurst base Robert, I saw you had a lot of understeer. I increased suspension travel to 60 all round, dropped the front springs by 1 and front arb to 6 which gave more front end grip. Then reducing wing to 2 gave great balance in the mid to high speed stuff.... 1 rr wing was doable but too nervous for me as tyre wear kicks in.

With this setup it's very sensitive to tyre temps so have good play with that - tonight I was 16 fr and 17 rear. :)

You were driving the wrong car. You want one of these:
BMW-Motorsport-Media-Track-Day-BMW-Z4-GT3-front-three-quarter-in-motion-03.jpg

The AMG is only good for 1 thing:
4_mercedes_slide18.jpg
C'mon Tariq, get stuck in :), starting this Weds at Laguna Seca :p Not taking the Michael, just that you gave so many of us newbies an insight in how to enjoy this place (RD) - you helped with Bobby and Rasmus about a year ago (BMW 235i), gave inspiration to many people, would be great to see you joining us some times ;)

Were you running the bathurst setup you'd shared before? I've just been using that and changing the gearing per track.

I couldn't drop below 1f/4r on the wings without having inconsistency.

i too was using the Bathurst setup, just added wing at rear and played with front and
rear toe. This car is all new to me.
The Nissan is such a stable platform, at the moment with the 650s close combat
is an instability game, on or off throttle oversteer can catch “this” driver out.

@Medilloni , that very kind of you, you have already given some pointers above.
i do not have much feeling in my feet so my setups tend to reflect that to some
degree, hence the need a very stable rear to the car, So when i have tried other setups
they always end up demanding a skill from me which i am unable to provide.
( being an old git probably does not help ):roflmao::rolleyes:
I used your Bathurst setup as a core base.:) it’s interesting about your tyre temps,
it, in someway shows the different driving styles, i was running quite different tyre
temps to end up with 26psi when crossing start/ finish line.

And to second what you said above about Tariq and for me include Rasmus in that
as they both helped me too, it was much appreciated.:):thumbsup:

A 'meh' performance from me but it was a good and enjoyable race. It was my first time racing GT3s since the RDGTC S6 a long time ago so I was a bit out of my confort zone, and I struggled to come with a good strategy. I qualified 4th but was easily outraced, with the hard tyres I chose to start with, but hards where lasting forever and I pitted a bit too late to benefit from the softs tyres. Well, it happens.

But I got blocked by a backmarker with a SSG, who ignored a blue flag for the first 4 corners and then makes me crash while I overtake him. And all without an apology, not even a word. It's been a bad showing from me afterwards, as I was not focused anymore.

@Craig Dunkley I'd like to know the procedure to lodge a formal complaint ? I mean, if the guy had waited or apologized, I would put it behind me but well ...

But I got blocked by a backmarker with a SSG, who ignored a blue flag for the first 4 corners and then makes me crash while I overtake him. And all without an apology, not even a word. It's been a bad showing from me afterwards, as I was not focused anymore.

@Craig Dunkley I'd like to know the procedure to lodge a formal complaint ? I mean, if the guy had waited or apologized, I would put it behind me but well ...

That is not nice to hear and there is certainly no room for that standard of driving at RD ..I personally do not mind love taps or even if you are 3 laps behind, but I do mind if you do not respond to a blue flag. Being slow is fine, we have all been there, but ignoring a blue flag is not fine.

First things first ..you need a replay with just the incident, so record your replay by any means (even by using your phone) then ask the other driver for his opinion ...if you do not like his opinion, then add me to the conversation...I will take over from that point.

Last edited:
i too was using the Bathurst setup, just added wing at rear and played with front and
rear toe. This car is all new to me.
The Nissan is such a stable platform, at the moment with the 650s close combat
is an instability game, on or off throttle oversteer can catch “this” driver out.

I picked the 650s because I felt it was the most "alive" out of the group of GT3 cars.

I was running 26 all around also down the front straight.

I was considering running softs as my pace was quicker and the car felt a lot more balanced but my worry was the left rear. T1 exit and the exit onto the back straight put a lot of stress on that tire and I wasn't sure if I could make it to a pitstop without overheating and spinning so I took the safer approach.

For whatever reason, the 650s is a lot more twitchy on soft tires than mediums from my experience. If you're trying to manhandle the car on softs, you'll notice that you'll quickly cook the tires which in turn will lead to a looser and twitchy car so be extra smooth on soft tires.

I use protyres app as it shows me the condition of the tires in more granular fashion (inside/middle/outside). This lets me know if I'm overdriving the car. I know nothing at all about setups so I just try to make my driving work.

I managed 25 laps on my first set of softs , i think i could have gone the whole distance, but
at 25 laps i was having to start to be more careful. i did get a bit of overheating in , i think , left rear, but
only occasionally.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back