AC GT3 @ Nordschleife - Sunday 28th of May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Iltarix Ilyar you signed up twice, so I put you in with the car you chose second time, the R8.
Last time at Cup race you were driving dangerously and very erratically, and that was clearly not a lag. Make sure to keep it together this time, or I would have to ban you from participating in club races, because that kind of driving belongs only to a public server.
Even if it was your fist time, it is no excuse, because you have to know your limitations and take it easy, if its a learning exercise for you.

Sorry guys, wheels refused to warm up after 2 laps and I didn't want to be the case of any accidents. Went back to pits and was considering going back out on softs for the hell of it when my PC decided to make the choice for me by giving me a nice BSOD. :mad:

Hope you all have a great rest of the race with some good battles. :thumbsup:

Well Nice Race @Eugene Abramoff ! Had a good time chasing you the first half of the race!
But I will stick to the Rookie events because they seem to have a better behavior/manners...
Started with 24 guys, 13 guys finished it, the rest seems to rage quit... Was a lonely race after I got spun out...:rolleyes::whistling:
For all they want the results: LINK

And if someone interested in why this race wasn't a good time for me:

Qualifying Incident without a sorry:
NordschleifeGT3_Qualy.JPG
Race Incident without a sorry:
NordschleifeGT3_Race.JPG

I thought it would be a nice evening, racing and having fun together. Seems that it was more of a "everyone fights for himself" without talking or a sorry... :thumbsdown:

I know it's not the best manner from me too to write that here but I spent the whole week to get up to a good pace and was looking forward to have a great time after the intense Nürburgring 24h but nope, just a more a less wasted evening.

Good night everyone:inlove:

Last edited:
Well Nice Race @Eugene Abramoff ! Had a good time chasing you the first half of the race!
But I will stick to the Rookie events because they seem to have a better behavior/manners...
Started with 24 guys, 13 guys finished it, the rest seems to rage quit... Was a lonely race after I got spun out...:rolleyes::whistling:

View attachment 193571
View attachment 193572

I thought it would be a nice evening, racing and having fun together. Seems that it was more of a "everyone fights for himself" without talking or a sorry... :thumbsdown:

I know it's not the best manner from me too to write that here but I spent the whole week to get up to a good pace and was looking forward to have a great time after the intense Nürburgring 24h but nope, just a more a less wasted evening.

At first thanks for the results and sorry what happened in the Hohenrain Schikane but it was obviously my corner because I was clearly in front. It's one of the corners where you can't go two wide. And I expected you to pull back that's why I drove the (only) racing line

At first thanks for the results and sorry what happened in the Hohenrain Schikane but it was obviously my corner because I was clearly in front. It's one of the corners where you can't go two wide. And I expected you to pull back that's why I drove the (only) racing line
While the "clearly" is debatable NordschleifeGT3_Race_Onboard.JPG
you said at least "sorry" now so it's fine for me. I just didn't think the normal Clubraces would be fought so hard. In my opinion it would have been fine for you to give me a few centimeters because you would have had the inside line on the next turn.
I do know better now and will be more careful the next time (or be as relentless).

Someone hit me coming out of Aremberg in lap 1. Got suspension damage (yes even with 10% damage) and figured there was no point in limping back to the pits and continuing on my own.

View attachment 193571
View attachment 193572

Before you proceed with debriefing below, please note, that I'm not looking to blame either of you here, or to make someone a "bad guy".

Guys, when it comes to race incident, Jonas, yes, you are technically right, you were further ahead and had a right of way, but, there is another side of the coin. You have to give sufficient working room to another driver; yes, Rasmus did try to overtake at a place far from ideal to choose from, and he never got deep enough on the inside to make it, but Jonas, that doesn't mean you should cut aggressively in front of the car. I don't know wither that lead to contact and even accident, consequently.
-In case there was no contact and Rasmus just had to slam brakes to avoid it, its a little rude and its up to you Jonas wither you are ok with that or not.
-If there was an accident, in real life situation, it would most likely be treated as an avoidable accident and someone would get a penalty. And that's how you should treat this races, "game" or not, in real life these cars go for 500K Euro without tax, and you would look after your car if you paid that much, so treat it the same way here, please.
Rasmus, getting on the inside and forcing a car out, is part of racing, true, but it's not necessarily the best way to go about overtaking, and its up to you, if you wanna use this method, but what is important, is that you know when and how to do it right.

Again, I'm not blaming anyone here, I'm just giving you different perspectives on the situation, so everyone can learn something out this situation for the benefit of better club racing.

In the end, its all a matter of mutual respect and fair racing for fun. Competition is great and that's why we here for, but ultimately its better to share positive experiences that have this kind of debriefing, so lets all do our best to have pleasant atmosphere. :thumbsup:

Great racing with you both!

While the "clearly" is debatable View attachment 193596
you said at least "sorry" now so it's fine for me. I just didn't think the normal Clubraces would be fought so hard. In my opinion it would have been fine for you to give me a few centimeters because you would have had the inside line on the next turn.
I do know better now and will be more careful the next time (or be as relentless).
Indeed, GT3 races have much more intense competition, and today was no exception, on the contrary, today's race was one of the most difficult and hard fought once I can remember.
That does not mean it's always like that, don't give it up, try again next Sunday and see, if it's the right time for you to move up to GT3. If you find it ok, you are welcome to keep participation, if you think it's too soon, then you are welcome later, whenever you feel that you are ready.
The steeper the learning curve, the better and faster you learn, but of course, depends on what your are looking to get from this races. :)

Thanks for your words Eugene! :)
100% agree and I know it was at least 50% my "fault". Story of it: Jonas overtook me on mid straight, I got back wheel to wheel with him. When the slight left began I gave him space and that's why he got slightly in front of me.
Of course one can see clearly that it was "his turn". But I played VERY fair before that and just didn't expect to be cut off so brutally...

But again: Sh*t happens and it was more the overall event that fell short of my expectations I took into this from the Rookie races.

Thanks for your words Eugene! :)
100% agree and I know it was at least 50% my "fault". Story of it: Jonas overtook me on mid straight, I got back wheel to wheel with him. When the slight left began I gave him space and that's why he got slightly in front of me.
Of course one can see clearly that it was "his turn". But I played VERY fair before that and just didn't expect to be cut off so brutally...

But again: Sh*t happens and it was more the overall event that fell short of my expectations I took into this from the Rookie races.

I remember you came here from Rookies, and you happened to get straight into a very difficult combo :D, that why I recommended you to try again and see, if you get a different impression from the next event. :thumbsup:

I remember you came here from Rookies, and you happened to get straight into a very difficult combo :D, that why I recommended you to try again and see, if you get a different impression from the next event. :thumbsup:
Will do so on a next free Sunday! :cool: I mean... My pace was quite good :D

PS: The Softs were good until the end. Just needed to adjust TC and ABS a bit more strict on the last two laps :p

Indeed, you finished in a very respectable position!
When did your tire wear indicator turn red?
1.5 laps before end. It got a bit slippery but it didn't feel worse than fresh mediums!
The first laps I was almost "cruising" behind you and Paul. But I was too careful to overtake :)
Didn't think that tires would have such an impact! The last 2.5 laps the gap between you and me stayed the same I think.
I wonder if in a 60+ minutes race it would be better to go with mediums or going softs with a pit stop.
@ionONE1 did you do your sub 8:20's in the race on mediums? :confused::notworthy:

1.5 laps before end. It got a bit slippery but it didn't feel worse than fresh mediums!
The first laps I was almost "cruising" behind you and Paul. But I was too careful to overtake :)
Didn't think that tires would have such an impact! The last 2.5 laps the gap between you and me stayed the same I think.
I wonder if in a 60+ minutes race it would be better to go with mediums or going softs with a pit stop.
@ionONE1 did you do your sub 8:20's in the race on mediums? :confused::notworthy:
I think he was on soft.
Back in the day, GT3 here was 1 hour and then yes, you pit for half tank and softs, if you start with soft.

This is the the most difficult track for a reason and you finished the race successfully!
@RasmusP
Also on soft tires:
Lap 1: very fast, pulling a gap with ease
Lap 2: still good, low 17 (BUT made a huge mistake) = 8:19
Lap 3: No mistake, starting to slow down 8:19.3 (less traction, tires are overheating, very slippy)
Lap 4/5/6: worse every lap, focused on good exits into long straights and whenever @Alen Terzić made a mistake i got some breathing room too (he was on medium)

---
Not sure what can be done against leavers/people that sign up but don´t show up
(Saturday we had 36 sign ups/28 showed up/25 finished for example)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back