AC GT3 @ Nordschleife - Sunday 28th of May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Soft tires should be your choice, if temps stay the same try to take the right handed corners a little easier, dont go full attack, coast/lift a small amount and you should be good.
(last section until long straight only)
The problem will get worse towards the end of the race, more sliding etc.
I only did hotlapping or the Rookie events here so I never had to think about tyres.
But I had the same thoughts as you. Thanks for confirming my choice!
I did 30 minutes with the softs and the last lap was about 7 seconds slower than the first. Tried the mediums and was 5 seconds slower in the in the first round.
So going a bit easy with the softs should do it :)

I only did hotlapping or the Rookie events here so I never had to think about tyres.
But I had the same thoughts as you. Thanks for confirming my choice!
I did 30 minutes with the softs and the last lap was about 7 seconds slower than the first. Tried the mediums and was 5 seconds slower in the in the first round.
So going a bit easy with the softs should do it :)
To be honest, that's not something I would recommend. I think softs will last only half the race, and once they get really red on wear indicator, they are very difficult to deal with.
Mediums are a bit of a pain when entering GP circuit, because they are cold, but I think they work better throughout Nordschleife. They will give you more consistency towards the end and will last a bit better of course.
It is up to you of course, if you say you did testing and comfortable with soft.

To be honest, that's not something I would recommend. I think softs will last only half the race, and once they get really red on wear indicator, they are very difficult to deal with.
Mediums are a bit of a pain when entering GP circuit, because they are cold, but I think they work better throughout Nordschleife. They will give you more consistency towards the end and will last a bit better of course.
It is up to you of course, if you say you did testing and comfortable with soft.
Thank you for your answer! I will see how much faster you are and then decide if it's worth taking the risk:cautious::p

What an incredible final 30 mins of Nurburgring 24 Hour race, absolutely crazy! Reminded me a little bit of last year's 24 Hours of Spa. And just as the most interesting part of the race came on, there was a safety car at Monaco. So much action, so much excitement this weekend so far! Looking forward to our club race later tonight!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back