AC GT3 @ Nordschleife, Sunday 16th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
wec-spa-francorchamps-2016-71-af-corse-ferrari-488-gte-davide-rigon-sam-bird.jpg

IMPORTANT: We have some problems with running AC events from the RD community on s.gp. So for now we will probably use the RD servers for the race. You can still sign up on s.gp but the actual event will be run on a RD server unless the RD community/s.gp problems are fixed. This will be decided shortly in advance of the event. Either way you can find the server by searching for 'racedepartment'.

As a request from you (and because I love it too) we are taking our GT3's into Die Grüne Hölle (Green Hell) or the Nordschleife as we know it. This iconic track is a guarantee for an exciting race that demands the utmost from your driver's abilities. The layout we're going to race is a bit less than 25km so be aware that it takes quite some practice to master it. It's for that reason that this announcement is done a couple of weeks in advance so you have a decent amount of time for practice. I assure you that it's not only worth the effort but you will enjoy it as well. So come join us for 60 minutes of GT3 action!

17149b07499ccf50da0e3e38f65d0b1c.png

On Wednesdays, there is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for this race by joining a multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup event on the same track. You can learn the racing lines, overtaking spots and even the braking points in a car that's less demanding than the GT3s -- and you can still have a lot of fun at the same time! Search for the multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 event in the Calendar or on the RaceDepartment community on simracing.gp.

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: #13
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 20 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (60 minutes)
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Nordschleife Endurance Cup108 Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Ok I’m going to say it, I’ve never done a lap on the Nordschleife.
That's OK, the track is very intimidating and learning it is a big investment. Been there, done that, I also was hesitant and skeptical about it. Take an easy to drive and slow-ish car, like road-legal Miata or GT86 and just drive. Once you've memorized all the corners (that might take a while as the track is very long) and can push the car around the track without crashing you can switch to a faster car. Starting with a GT3 car right off the bat might be a very frustrating experience

P.S. One month left till the race should be just enough to learn it and be competitive if you're willing to dedicate your time for that over the course of these weeks. Learning it in a week is probably impossible, so you better start soon. Some racing practice (at least against AI) is a must to know where you can overtake and where you better not

Last edited:
P.S. One month left till the race should be just enough to learn it and be competitive if you're willing to dedicate your time for that over the course of these weeks.
I would say to learn the 170 corners and be competitive you need more then just a month. ;)
Nontheless, I try my best and will be in with the Z4 for sure.

@HF2000 The start post does not have a direct link to sgp yet.

Last edited:
I would say to learn the 170 corners and be competitive you need more then just a month. ;)
Nontheless, I try my best and will be in with the Z4 for sure.

@HF2000 The start post does not have a direct link to sgp yet.
Well, a regular track is what, 12-15 corners? Usually can be learned good enough in 2-3 days (I had never driven a lap at Kyalami or Bahrain before RD events and I started practicing for them on Thursday or Friday), so a whole month for Nords is doable. Probably not enough for a win, but top-5 finish should be within reach (unless we get swarmed by a bunch of Nords maniacs) for a reasonably fast driver like you or Andreas.

Probably not enough for a win, but top-5 finish should be within reach (unless we get swarmed by a bunch of Nords maniacs) for a reasonably fast driver like you or Andreas.

Hmm lets see, I think I finished one or two laps in a GT3 once a while back. My only knowledge I have for this track comes from GT Sport Challenges haha.

Lets say a racing track is 15 Corners. Nords + GP has 170. So its a little more then 11 normal tracks. I need like 3 days to get used to a completely new track. 1 day slow, layout learning, 2nd day breaking markers and gaining speed. Day 3 refining. Ofc it takes longer to perfect each corner and also tweak the setup to an optimum but lets say 3 days for a good baseline. So its would be about 33 days for Nords, Its within a month reach but only if you have each day time to spare on practice ;)

Nonetheless I am up for the challenge :D

In please Han
Heho, you have to register yourself at the spg website for the events now.

Last edited:
If you do, please include a link to @RasmusP 's track guide for those who will be willing to learn the track:
@random2k4 Maybe you'd like to read my guide :)

Hmm lets see, I think I finished one or two laps in a GT3 once a while back. My only knowledge I have for this track comes from GT Sport Challenges haha.

Lets say a racing track is 15 Corners. Nords + GP has 170. So its a little more then 11 normal tracks. I need like 3 days to get used to a completely new track. 1 day slow, layout learning, 2nd day breaking markers and gaining speed. Day 3 refining. Ofc it takes longer to perfect each corner and also tweak the setup to an optimum but lets say 3 days for a good baseline. So its would be about 33 days for Nords, Its within a month reach but only if you have each day time to spare on practice ;)

Well I'm not the youngest but I think I learned the track in about 2 hours. But optimizing your lap times with a certain car that takes much more time. But hey, everybody will have the same problem.
And if we get a lot of participants, you can bet that we will come here more often.

Last edited:

Half if not more of those 170 are flatout similar to Road America "turns" 2 and 4. Out of the rest, real corners, the majority are relatively easy (once you figure out which curbs you can ride and which are better to avoid), but there're also quite a few tricky ones, probably about a dozen total. The major issue is that the track is long, so memorizing all the corners and how to approach them takes a lot of time and you can't really do it chunk by chunk. If you crash in the middle of the track it would take you several minutes to get there to try again. But once that job is done, it's not that much different than any other track except that there're no run-offs.

I haven't had much time to practice and take part in GT3 lately (and my steering wheel's clasp broke :(), but I've been waiting for a proper RD-organised Nordschleife race for more than a year now, so I can't miss this. It's also a good excuse to try and return to racing more regularly :thumbsup:

I saw we're using the 108 grid slots version, which has the starting grid on the Döttinger Höhe. I assume it was made that way to fit everyone in a straight line, and then allow an online grid to coordinate and move in a parade formation to the start/finish straight for a rolling start. @HF2000 , do you think it would be possible to do something like that, since taking Tiergarten side-by-side in a regular standing start would be a suicide?

Hi Luca, thanks for thinking with me. Really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Some weeks ago I did a 1 1/2 hour GT2 race on this lay out with 12 participants (invitation from another community) and I don't remember this being a problem. Damage percentage was 70% so maybe that was the reason everyone was careful. I will try it with AI. But don't you think that a rolling start at start/finish will give the same problem in Castrol S? I did an experiment with a rolling start a couple of weeks ago on Zandvoort but with a gentleman's agreement not to overtake before or in turn 1.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing