AC GT3 @ Nordschleife, Sunday 16th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Did some "laps" with various cars but haven't set a time yet. Still a bit work left to complete a full clean and semi-fast lap :) But I see why it's such a popular track :thumbsup: How will it be racing there? I have no idea
Overtaken is very difficult apart from Dottinger Höhe, even if the car in front makes a mistake because the track is quit narrow and there's only one race line. A mistake can lead easily to block the track for other cars. So basically it's 22 km of very concentrated driving and make sure you have a good exit in Galgenkopf. Cars that have better turn capability but low top speed, should create a gap before Dottinger Höhe otherwise they will be a sitting duck to the Lambo's.

That's my expectation, not my experience. I only raced the Nordschleife once with supercars like the LaFerrari and the McLaren P1 and once with the DTM cars.

Last edited:
Yeah, my experience from 3 GT3 races is that the Nordschleife is a huge test of patience. There's almost nowhere you can make a clean overtake after you get off the GP Strecke until the Döttinger Höhe, except if a car goes off or has a bad corner exit before a full throttle section (Flugplatz to Arenberg and Bergwerk to Steilstrecke mostly), and even then, it's not like the guy in front has any incentive to let you by easily. Sector 3 (until Galgenkopf, that is) is even worse, if possible, as it has no true slow corners.

So I guess the strategy is essentially to focus on making zero errors on the old circuit, and set yourself up to exploit the GP Strecke + the Döttinger Höhe for overtakes. Which might result in as few as 2 or 3 true overtaking chances... Well, that's always more than what Monaco has :roflmao:

Last edited:
Did some "laps" with various cars but haven't set a time yet. Still a bit work left to complete a full clean and semi-fast lap :) But I see why it's such a popular track :thumbsup: How will it be racing there? I have no idea
You can try that against AIs first. Just don't crank their aggression too much. 60% should be enough, at 75% they sometimes make boneheaded moves and even go off track doing that

You picked one of the best cars for this track that can do good lap times overall and won't be a sitting duck in those few places where you can actually pass people there

You can try that against AIs first. Just don't crank their aggression too much. 60% should be enough, at 75% they sometimes make boneheaded moves and even go off track doing that

You picked one of the best cars for this track that can do good lap times overall and won't be a sitting duck in those few places where you can actually pass people there

Easy choice this time. If you don’t know the corners go for straight line speed :D

Last edited:
GL all next Sunday, i'm going to sit this one out, one day i may learn this track but don't think i'll find it much fun as i'm just not prepared to put in the time to learn it right now!
David, if I may try to change your mind. Consider participating on Wednesday in a MX5, it's a fun and easy way of learning the track so you need less practice time for the GT3. And if you also join the Group C event on the following Tuesday, you'll be a Green Hell expert forever!

Last edited:
Guys, I'd like some feedback from all of you.

If we keep following the F1, next week will be Monaco, a track where it's extremely difficult to overtake. I've already decided not to go there with the Wednesday multiclass but we'll go for an other street circuit instead which has much better overtake opportunities and will be more fun imo. We can also go there with the GT3. I will not reveal that track yet. You can bet on it for a beer.

So I'd like to hear your preference: Monaco or the other street track. If there's a majority for Monaco, we will go there.

Last edited:
I agree that Monaco would not make for very interesting racing with GT3 cars (although now I'm almost tempted to try seeing how the AI likes it...). Of course there are plenty of narrow GT3 tracks where cars need to muscle their way through (Brands Hatch!), or GT3 tracks which have extended difficult sections with close walls but ultimately some overtaking opportunities (Macau, Nords...), but Monaco feels like a compendium of all those. Also, such a short track means we'll get lots of lapping, which could go very wrong due to those same characteristics.

As for the bet... I'm going to go for a wild pick and choose Thomson Road, because it was a pretty fun track, and last time we went there there were only about a dozen of us. I don't think this is the mysterious track you thought of, but IMO it should be :roflmao:

If we keep following the F1, next week will be Monaco, a track where it's extremely difficult to overtake. I've already decided not to go there with the Wednesday multiclass but we'll go for an other street circuit instead which has much better overtake opportunities and will be more fun imo. We can also go there with the GT3. I will not reveal that track yet. You can bet on it for a beer.

So I'd like to hear your preference: Monaco or the other street track. If there's a majority for Monaco, we will go there.

I personally would really like to try Monaco since we've never done it before. It should be feasible to overtake there with GT3s, albeit not easy.

I agree that Monaco would not make for very interesting racing with GT3 cars (although now I'm almost tempted to try seeing how the AI likes it...). Of course there are plenty of narrow GT3 tracks where cars need to muscle their way through (Brands Hatch!), or GT3 tracks which have extended difficult sections with close walls but ultimately some overtaking opportunities (Macau, Nords...), but Monaco feels like a compendium of all those. Also, such a short track means we'll get lots of lapping, which could go very wrong due to those same characteristics.

As for the bet... I'm going to go for a wild pick and choose Thomson Road, because it was a pretty fun track, and last time we went there there were only about a dozen of us. I don't think this is the mysterious track you thought of, but IMO it should be :roflmao:

As the person who organised Thomson Road last time, I think the difference in car predictability over the bump due to weight distribution cheapened things quite a bit.

Last edited:

Not a street track, but I'm curious to try out the new Sachsenring track on a non-F1 weekend maybe? :)

My vote is for Monaco, maybe even for the multiclass event as it could be interesting with cars stuck behind the slower class, it could be a good experience in my opinion :)

David, if I may try to change your mind. Consider participating on Wednesday in a MX5, it's a fun and easy way of learning the track so you need less practice time for the GT3. And if you also join the Group C event on the following Tuesday, you'll be a Green Hell expert forever!
It takes me long enough to learn a regular track with 10-15 turns, let alone one with a hundred! 2 practice races wont be sufficient ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back