AC GT3 @ Nordschleife - Sun 25Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks to Eugene and everybody else for the event!
Great track, but too few overtaking spots. It's nearly impossible to pass unless the opponent makes a mistake.
Did anyone stream server 1 race?

Big Big thank you to Eugene, Bobby and Rasmus for this awesome event.
I didn't sign up for it but looked at the Forum and peeps were dropping out so I joined the practice server to see if I could join. Yes, Server 2, came last BUT didn't bail out and had a clean race. Realised during Practice that using the trackmap is very useful for this track. And to give another indication of leaders lapping me.
Again thanks to our brilliant Admin guys for organising the race.

You better not use track map (or racing line) to learn a track. That teaches you some bad habits.
My approach is to take a slow car with nice handling like Miata or GT86 and just run until you memorize all of the turns. Will take a while for Nords though

This race was LEGENDARY!
I had a terrifying 3 way battle with @Abdoulaye Diop and @Alex Parsons for a couple of laps for two podium places, so it was freaking intense!
To do not miss anything I had @Aksu right into my back for the whole last lap..

Thank you all for the awesome race!
I have to take a break from sim-racing for a bunch of weeks due to lack of time, have fun all!

Fantastic racing tonight, one of my favourite tracks and the Porsche felt great for the majority of the time. Great battle with Joel at the start and on the final lap of the race, just a shame the Porsche didn't have the legs to keep up with the Audi on the main straight ;) Quite proud that I ran the whole race without T/C and only span once :p (P.s did anyone stream the server 1 race?)

Before i start this article on the main forum, does anyone know how to settle the scenery image
down. This circuit made my eyes stickout on stalks.
I have set all world movements to zero. G to zero and still the scenery image shakes, would try fixed to horizon but all the big changes of scenery elevation on this circuit make me feel dizzy.
Can this be better achieved in the software files?

Thanks to staff for running a Nord's event, I love them and sure I'm not alone. I put millions of laps in over the last week and had a car sorted about an hour before the race started. I still have to work on ffb but it's coming along.

I was slowest of the qualifiers that ran a lap and off at the start like a tortoise, I had no great expectations. Shattered, I was blown away when my car turned into a wall just as we left the GP part of the track. Oh well, breathing room and a chance to get a few clean laps in! Each lap the breathing got greater as cars left me further in the dust. A couple of pitstops went right and I was primed to make the finish but there wasn't enough time. It's OK, I have millions more laps to run there, the organized events are the best though so thanks again to RD and the staff that makes it happen :thumbsup:

Dan, you weren't in ts and when I joined you in the chit chat channel you wouldn't respond. We were all giving space to set quali laps. You had been off once in front of me and then, like I said, we were all giving space and you just chose to pass us. Not cool.

And now you've been banned from the race today for not responding to me in any way shape or form. I gave you plenty of time and chance to join us and you chose not too. You must follow the rules or you will not be allowed to race with us. Now I'm missing the race as well because I had to take care of this issue.

Because i do not believe any moderator would be stupid enough to ban a fellow driver just because he had an offtrack moment in the OUTLAP (loose wheel clamp btw), am I correct to assume you gave the heaviest penalty of all to a paying member of the community because I failed to respond to Teamspeak which is impossible to use with oculus rift in the first place?

Absolutely disproportional response. How could that possibly warrant a ban. Thats something you give to wreckers for god sake.

I did not need to hear you on teamspeak to know to give space.
The ferrari in front of me was going offtrack at half speed. At the start of the long straight he was 20 seconds behind the next car and I was 2 seconds behind him with the car behind me closing in at 8 seconds. I had to pass him, and I did. I begun my qualy lap 10 seconds behind the car in front, and 8 seconds ahead of the slow ferrari. Hows that for spacing?

Disheartening. I'm not even sorry you lost the chance to race too.

Because i do not believe any moderator would be stupid enough to ban a fellow driver just because he had an offtrack moment in the OUTLAP (loose wheel clamp btw), am I correct to assume you gave the heaviest penalty of all to a paying member of the community because I failed to respond to Teamspeak which is impossible to use with oculus rift in the first place?

Absolutely disproportional response. How could that possibly warrant a ban. Thats something you give to wreckers for god sake.

I did not need to hear you on teamspeak to know to give space.
The ferrari in front of me was going offtrack at half speed. At the start of the long straight he was 20 seconds behind the next car and I was 2 seconds behind him with the car behind me closing in at 8 seconds. I had to pass him, and I did. I begun my qualy lap 10 seconds behind the car in front, and 8 seconds ahead of the slow ferrari. Hows that for spacing?

Disheartening. I'm not even sorry you lost the chance to race too.
You are missing the entire point and I didn't ban you for good, just today's race. I will spend no more time on you unless it's in a PM. You are pushing your luck now so if you don't like what I'm saying I suggest you speak with @Brewer in a PM and he'll take appropriate action.

You better not use track map (or racing line) to learn a track. That teaches you some bad habits.
My approach is to take a slow car with nice handling like Miata or GT86 and just run until you memorize all of the turns. Will take a while for Nords though
Maybe I explained this wrong. No, I would never use it to learn a track. No need to on a normal track. However, this race I just jumped in at the last minute and don’t know Nords and was struggling so put the map up and it helped me to go a bit faster. I usually do ten hours or more practice time before most races. I am lucky having time on my hands and living the playboys life!
Oh, edit here. I don’t use the driving line at all. Wouldn’t even know how to turn it on.
But yes. I do agree that taking a car like the Miata would be a great way to learn the Nords. In fact, that is what I am going to do this week. Thanks for your comments Dimitri.
Another edit: oops spelling. Demetri.

Last edited:
Before i start this article on the main forum, does anyone know how to settle the scenery image
I have set all world movements to zero. G to zero and still the scenery image shakes, would try fixed to horizon but all the big changes of scenery elevation on this circuit make me feel dizzy.
Hi Ernie, not really sure what your spec of your PC is, but I know if I had problems like this I would be asking myself these questions:
Is it only the Nords you get this problem?
Is it the Nords with a full compliment of drivers?
Does it happen at Spa for instance or any track that has lots of trees?

If the answer is; only at Nords, then I reckon you could just reduce the demand on the graphics card. Ie, adjust settings from high to medium and see what that gives you.

I just got the impression you are getting into a ‘tiz’ for something that maybe quite simple.

Please do try this and let us all know if it fixed it, as anything is good info.
If it hasn’t fixed the problem then again, let us know.

Last edited:
Maybe I explained this wrong. No, I would never use it to learn a track. No need to on a normal track. However, this race I just jumped in at the last minute and don’t know Nords and was struggling so put the map up and it helped me to go a bit faster. I usually do ten hours or more practice time before most races. I am lucky having time on my hands and living the playboys life!
Oh, edit here. I don’t use the driving line at all. Wouldn’t even know how to turn it on.
But yes. I do agree that taking a car like the Miata would be a great way to learn the Nords. In fact, that is what I am going to do this week. Thanks for your comments Dimitri.
Another edit: oops spelling. Demetri.
Driving on the Nords in a fast car without knowing the track is a daring idea. Glad that you're alive and well, ha-ha :D

........am I correct to assume you gave the heaviest penalty of all to a paying member of the community because I failed to respond to Teamspeak which is impossible to use with oculus rift in the first place?
Sorry to butt in here BUT! ; From this quote, I get the impression that one cannot use teamspeak when using VR? Well how come other peeps seem to talk on ts? Those same guys that use VR. What else can’t you do when in VR? Or is it Oculus Rift only?
I ask this because I am at the early stage of thinking about VR. They just seem “limiting” to me, or am I wrong. Hopefully we can get some replies.
(With this post, I am not commenting on the problem with Dan and Admin)

Thanks to staff for running a Nord's event, I love them and sure I'm not alone. I put millions of laps in over the last week and had a car sorted about an hour before the race started. I still have to work on ffb but it's coming along.
...... :thumbsup:

I told you a million times Dennis, not to exaggerate! :O_o::whistling::whistling:

Sadly not with AC internal settings.
You can disable movements or anything to anything you like but the problem is that your camera sits stiff in your cockpit view and the car is just bouncing massively on the Nords.
I tried "lock to horizon" myself and yes, due to the elevation changes it's unbearable too!

What I use is real head motion for filtering the movement. You have a slider to fluently adjust the relation between "world bounces" or "the cockpit alone bounces", BUT your view still moves up and down with the car, not like on "lock to horizon".

upload_2018-2-26_3-2-36.png

Sadly not with AC internal settings.
You can disable movements or anything to anything you like but the problem is that your camera sits stiff in your cockpit view and the car is just bouncing massively on the Nords.
I tried "lock to horizon" myself and yes, due to the elevation changes it's unbearable too!

What I use is real head motion for filtering the movement. You have a slider to fluently adjust the relation between "world bounces" or "the cockpit alone bounces", BUT your view still moves up and down with the car, not like on "lock to horizon".

View attachment 237875
Sorry Rasmus, but I got the impression that the problem was shaking of the trees, like being jittery.
From what you are saying the problem is the trees moving when the cockpit bounces along. Well, I can’t say that I have ever noticed the trees or global bits like buildings move when the cockpit moves. Thats just wrong!
Anyway, regardless, I may look into this ‘Real Head Motion’ app myself.

Sorry Rasmus, but I got the impression that the problem was shaking of the trees, like being jittery.
From what you are saying the problem is the trees moving when the cockpit bounces along. Well, I can’t say that I have ever noticed the trees or global bits like buildings move when the cockpit moves. Thats just wrong!
Anyway, regardless, I may look into this ‘Real Head Motion’ app myself.
Might be the case too, you're absolutely correct!
In fact I ran the disable shadow patcher again for this race as I couldn't stand the shadow flickering on the tarmac!

Anyway for simple clarification, here you go :)

I am really gratefull for all your help, this has saved me a load of fruitless hours
trying to solve the the unsolverable.
The "vid" really put it into perspective and the first part shows exactly what i meant; i have "just" got triples so i think "all" the answers have some bearing on it, my GPU is struggling a bit.
I will run the real head motion app, and also try and lower some of my graphic setting.

:):):unsure:

I am really gratefull for all your help, this has saved me a load of fruitless hours
trying to solve the the unsolverable.
The "vid" really put it into perspective and the first part shows exactly what i meant; i have "just" got triples so i think "all" the answers have some bearing on it, my GPU is struggling a bit.
I will run the real head motion app, and also try and lower some of my graphic setting.

:):):unsure:
Glad I could help :) I think if you disable the shadows for the Nordschleife like I do, the gpu load should stay around the same actually!
And if you need help with rhm just shout.
In theory you download the latest version, extract it to wherever you want, hit "register DLL" and that's it.
Beware though that glancing won't work anymore and you'll need to use the workaround in the advanced settings. Which is mapping 3 buttons as before ;)
For the Look back button: go on track, hold down the button and the camera will change to the roof cam. Press F6 until you get the camera that looks back and release the button.
Works until you leave the server :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing