AC GT3 @ Nordschleife - Sun 25Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You are missing the entire point and I didn't ban you for good, just today's race. I will spend no more time on you unless it's in a PM. You are pushing your luck now so if you don't like what I'm saying I suggest you speak with @Brewer in a PM and he'll take appropriate action.

You start the PM.
This is a paid membership. Everyone deserves to learn why you consider someone unresponsive in Teamspeak to be unsuited to continue the session giving him the capital punishment.

Again, this is not an free club. I would like to learn the dangerous consequences so we can all learn and avoid issues (or fix the rules). I wont even comment the "push my luck" remark.

Sorry to butt in here BUT! ; From this quote, I get the impression that one cannot use teamspeak when using VR? Well how come other peeps seem to talk on ts? Those same guys that use VR. What else can’t you do when in VR? Or is it Oculus Rift only?
I ask this because I am at the early stage of thinking about VR. They just seem “limiting” to me, or am I wrong. Hopefully we can get some replies.
(With this post, I am not commenting on the problem with Dan and Admin)

Hi Ken

Personally (though very common) the over-ear headphones I would need to use for teamspeak put a crazy amount of pressure on the oculus straps (specially the side ones) and results in pain after 30 minutes or so. Because I also wear spectacles, it hurts even more, because the oculus strap causes the cup to be unbalanced in its pressure.

Second reason is that oculus keeps you blind to everything else happening in your computer.

Third reason is the lack of push-to-talk policy in racedepartment. As I am hearing impaired, I cant understand anything that is being said over the car engine. When voices appear, together with dogs barking children screaming and god knows what else, I cant cope and I have to stop.

When I had triple screens in borderless mode, popups would appear from any app. But not in oculus.

You should still buy it, because is awesome despite being early days.

cheers

Hello guys,

I just want to give thanks to @Eugene Abramoff @RasmusP @Bobby Pennington and fellow races for such incredible even. It was my first race with GT3, first race which took longer then 20 mins and especially in Green Hell it is hell of expereince for the first time :D It was also multiplied by fact, that from second half of race my PC started seriously dropping FPS and thanks to that I had several meetings with barriers :mad:

Anyway I really enjoy racing with you all and every week only race on RD is for me the high point :)

Again many thanks;)

You start the PM.
This is a paid membership. Everyone deserves to learn why you consider someone unresponsive in Teamspeak to be unsuited to continue the session giving him the capital punishment.

Again, this is not an free club. I would like to learn the dangerous consequences so we can all learn and avoid issues (or fix the rules). I wont even comment the "push my luck" remark.
I would not use the term "capital punishment" lightly. If we're to use real-life analogy here that would be something like involuntarily membership termination and life-time ban which you obviously didn't get. Getting kicked and banned from a single club race is probably something like being booked into a jail overnight for some misdemeanor. Not a pleasant thing to experience, but not the end of the world either. The race announcement post clearly said in bold red capital letters that TS was mandatory, it was you own choice to ignore it. I'm also hearing impaired and have the same problems picking up the words from any background noise, but I still use TS during the events, though I usually mute it during the race/quali as the frequent banter distracts me from the driving. I believe this is within the rules.
P.S. I feel sorry for @Bobby Pennington who had to sacrifice his own fun to deal with this.

Because i do not believe any moderator would be stupid enough to ban a fellow driver just because he had an offtrack moment in the OUTLAP (loose wheel clamp btw), am I correct to assume you gave the heaviest penalty of all to a paying member of the community because I failed to respond to Teamspeak which is impossible to use with oculus rift in the first place?

Absolutely disproportional response. How could that possibly warrant a ban. Thats something you give to wreckers for god sake.

I did not need to hear you on teamspeak to know to give space.
The ferrari in front of me was going offtrack at half speed. At the start of the long straight he was 20 seconds behind the next car and I was 2 seconds behind him with the car behind me closing in at 8 seconds. I had to pass him, and I did. I begun my qualy lap 10 seconds behind the car in front, and 8 seconds ahead of the slow ferrari. Hows that for spacing?

Disheartening. I'm not even sorry you lost the chance to race too.

Dan, this isn't how this works. Because we pay for membership, we do whatever the hell we like? If that would be the case, what would make RD different than public servers?

As stated in the main race post, TeamSpeak is mandatory.
Server and Teamspeak Password: clickhere (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

You aren't required to speak on it but you are required to listen. My hearing is impaired but sound levels, in both Assetto Corsa and in the Windows volume mixer can be adjusted.
This hateful and aggressive attitude you have exhibited towards @Bobby Pennington is completely unwarranted and undeserved.

I'm also hearing impaired and have the same problems picking up the words from any background noise, but I still use TS during the events, though I usually mute it during the race/quali as the frequent banter distracts me from the driving. I believe this is within the rules.
P.S. I feel sorry for @Bobby Pennington who had to sacrifice his own fun to deal with this.

Hi demetri

I was kicked because I had it muted too during the qualy/race much like many people do (you included).
I never left the server. So it appears it is mandatory to have (suffer, in our case) the TS experience no matter your physical condition. You are expected to have TS sound above all others including the game itself. You are also expected be 100% healthy on all accounts. I dont think the admins have figured out yet what we are talking about here.

Dan, this isn't how this works. Because we pay for membership, we do whatever the hell we like? If that would be the case, what would make RD different than public servers?

Lets be clear, that was not implied anywhere.
Because we pay for membership, I expect higher standards from ALL involved, not just the drivers.
I am here fairly complaining against @Bobby Pennington because the situation was precisely dealt with in typical fashion of a public server admin. It wasn't properly measured or sized to the situation. It lacked understanding, courtesy and assumed the worst without any merit.

You aren't required to speak on it but you are required to listen. My hearing is impaired but sound levels, in both Assetto Corsa and in the Windows volume mixer can be adjusted.
This hateful and aggressive attitude you have exhibited towards @Bobby Pennington is completely unwarranted and undeserved.

Again, so you can gain perspective, all I did to warranted a kick from the server, was to mute the unbearable TS in qualy and race. So, I beg to differ on all accounts of what you just said. Aggressiveness and hatefulness was what Bobby exhibited in his decision towards me.

Reading all this exchange from the beginning would make you believe my transgression was to crash an entire field on the first corner.

There is a problem with Teamspeak rules. Always has been. Strive to improve the service and rules, not to blindly enforce them.

cheers

This just really took the absolute WRONG path and isn't fair to anyone involved. I know you all and we're all nice and kind guys. Probably one of the most understanding men around this place!

So I'm closing here and moving it into a PM were we can solve this! It's just a big fat misunderstanding :O_o::O_o::O_o:
To clarify why you got kicked in public: Our past experience + the situation on track + you're in TS but wrong channel and not responding at all + not fast enough written communication + 20 guys waiting on the starting line for us to solve the situation lead to the very very sad decision to lock you out of the race.
It got heat up to something it simply isn't in this thread.

From me: I am the one who kicked you from the server in the end and I am very sorry, you have my full understanding for being mad but it was a decision that had to be made in that very situation.
So please let us talk about it via PM, forget about it afterwards, drink a virtual beer together and see each other on track as soon as possible as there is absolutely no reason for any hard feeling! :):inlove:

@Dan Costa we had a little PM about Lap Times, you seem like a decent and friendly guy. I can clearly read between your words how furious you are and that you're really trying to stay "objective" here. Cheers for that! :)

@Bobby Pennington @Celtic Pharaoh
I'm closing here and moving into a PM with you guys.

Last edited:
Btw if you guys want to talk about the race again the thread is back open. Everything is solved and we happily drank the virtual beer together :D:p:inlove:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 205 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.2%