AC GT3 @ Nordschleife Cup - Saturday 16th April 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Besides the spins I had that was great fun! The battle early on was pretty intense! Well done @Discovery.Tv Great drive :thumbsup:
GT3.jpg

I think this race confirmed that I'll be joining @Sniper in not liking this track. I agree that I haven't really given it a lot of time but it's not a track that I've even really thought about let alone raced.

I think I'll give the next nordschleife event a miss.

Congrats to @Discovery.Tv however for a bloody fast win, fantastic times matey!

not liking this track

At this point some might wrongly advise that you need a bit more practice here, maybe even in a more forgiving, lower powered car than GT3... as though the possibility of mastery might help you make peace with it, but I think to fall in nurburglove you need to take the other path ---> drive a few more laps here in a car that makes your goonies retreat up deep insde your body.

Then think about all those lunatics/heroes who raced/got airborne there over the years in real life, in different weather, and with the threat of real mechanical failures... group c prototypes, pre-downforce f1, all the way back to those silver arrows in the 30s. Most racetracks don't have those kinds of stories to tell, they are just accidents of history. Nordschleife is motorsport itself.

If only there were more narrow width >20km circuits with dramatic elevation changes, high speed corners and straights as well as low speed technical stuff which actually flows rather than disrupts.

I hope this completely dispassionate and thoroughly objective post will make you reconsider.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back