AC GT3 @ Nürburgring - Wed 4 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Attachments

• racenurb.jpg
    racenurb.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 255
Server #1
Happy day's...I qualified 5th which was my highest so far and a PB for the lap
The start of the race was very clean (especially for the front of the grid). A couple of guys in front of me made a mistake about half way round first lap and I managed to avoid the spins but only just. Running in third for a few laps then someone else made a mistake and went off track and this put me into 2nd place. The leader @Akis Kevrekidis was consistently lapping 1 sec faster so there was no way of catching him. I had @Franklin Stegink behind me and that was putting me under a lot of pressure and I honestly thought I would make a mistake somewhere in the race but it never happened and I kept my lap time's consistent throughout. Towards the end Franklin began to drop back so I guessed his tyres were starting to go off...if I'm honest, this was a bad thing for me as I felt I could relax a bit for the rest of the race and as we all know this is when mistakes can happen. I did on a couple of occassions brake a bit too late for some corners which made me hold my breath but I managed to hold it together and finish the race in 2nd place....This for me is a big achievement and am very happy with the result. :thumbsup::)

I dont get it, with same setut I did 20 laps warm up before race and my laptimes was 1.58 to 1.59. And in race below 2.00 was enormously hard.
Car was sliding like on ice. Anyway, good race and it was fun.:)

Reactions: Si
I dont get it, with same setut I did 20 laps warm up before race and my laptimes was 1.58 to 1.59. And in race below 2.00 was enormously hard.
Car was sliding like on ice. Anyway, good race and it was fun.:)
Maybe the full tank made you slower? Did you use hard or mediums?

Here's a screenshot from my last lap.. Meds were at 97% but still capable of doing 1.59. Hards are for a 2 hour race or sth.. :D
last-lap.jpg

Sooo yesterday was very nice on the Nürbürgring.

I made bad quali (18th) but made a good start (I was not involved in the accident at the 2nd corner) just a small touch which put me shortly on the grass, but it was ok.
Then, I had some good laps with some other drivers. I passed some of you because of spins and of an other accident involving 3 or 4 cars.
After that I drove 8-10 laps behind @Colin J. Fleming with everylap the same gap, untill I made a mistake (well done Colin, you were very regular).

I was happy to finished this looooong race (that the first time I accomplish a 1 hour race, it's in my mind too long :D I lost my concentration in some laps, making 2 big mistakes where I lost a total of 3-4 positions).

By the way ,by such long races, the blue flag would be so usefull, I hope to see it soon in AC.

Thanks to all and to RD organisators for this nice evening and see you next time.

Cedric

Tony Winslade, I was the guy on second position on first two laps and I didn't do any mistake. I was hit by third, probably you, two consecutive times and I lost a lot of places because I didn't want to ruin anyone race entering the track.
After that i lost my will to race and after hit myself into someones back, I leave the race.
Sorry to this guy. I didn't saw his name.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 281 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%