AC GT3 @ Nürburgring - Wed 11 Jun 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Fred Locklear
Yeah my mediums hardly went off either. I think it was mainly because I was in conservation mode the entire race. Because they finished up:

99% 98%

98% 98%

@Saleem Hodge
I think it could be interesting to make a race distance long enough so that choosing a softer tyre is a serious risk. So like, 30 laps so that the mediums will last most of it, but will drop off towards the end, but the hards would be slower, but will easily make it. That way you'd get a real mix of strategies.
I'm up for making the races longer but with no pit stops it can be challenging. For those with their tires completely shot, they would drop off the pace considerably.

How do you guys think we should go about that?

What a great race last night! I thought about running more rear wing and hard tires to give myself a better shot latter on in the race and I paid for it. The hard tires had a noticeable lack in grip in the earlier laps of the race and the extra wing really slowed me down on the straights and didn't give me much of an advantage in the twisty bits.

Just had so much fun last night trying to figure out my strategy. Had one mistake that caused me to go off but mostly clean race by everyone.

What a great race last night! I thought about running more rear wing and hard tires to give myself a better shot latter on in the race and I paid for it. The hard tires had a noticeable lack in grip in the earlier laps of the race and the extra wing really slowed me down on the straights and didn't give me much of an advantage in the twisty bits.

Just had so much fun last night trying to figure out my strategy. Had one mistake that caused me to go off but mostly clean race by everyone.

I ran a really high wing, my cornering was quick but lacked any speed to make an overtake. Especially without slipstream in MP.

I'm up for making the races longer but with no pit stops it can be challenging. For those with their tires completely shot, they would drop off the pace considerably.

How do you guys think we should go about that?
The pitstops do sort of work as its been mentioned before. Its a bit of a pain to hit esc, pit, then race but if you do that quickly it will make you wait a few seconds (pit time) then let you go. Perhaps with some practice and familiarity this could be effective enough to be used to get us to 30 or 40 laps.

If someone wants to join me to server hop at some point we could test the theory.

The pitstops do sort of work as its been mentioned before. Its a bit of a pain to hit esc, pit, then race but if you do that quickly it will make you wait a few seconds (pit time) then let you go. Perhaps with some practice and familiarity this could be effective enough to be used to get us to 30 or 40 laps.

If someone wants to join me to server hop at some point we could test the theory.
I'm up for it. I'm sure we could just launch the US server at sometime this weekend to test it out.

Got an action packed weekend though. World Cup (GO USA & Brasil!), 24 Hours of Le Mans, 9 hour workday Saturday, and two graduation parties!

@Fred Locklear I only got to watch the battle between me and you and loved every second of it. I downloaded it and will watch the rest later.

I struggled quite a bit in the opening laps with the extra weight from fuel and the lack of initial grip from the hard tires. It was great. Oh and add all the extra down-force I had for no apparent gain lol!

Thanks for uploading it!

I hadn't loaded up the car/track combo in over a month. I KNOW I had downloaded the setups from the setup forum and couldn't get used to them. I started out with a high downforce setup and did OK in practice, and then tried one of the downloaded setup with 0 splitter, 4 wing and I immediately was about 1s/lap faster just because of the decreased downforce (had 1splitter / 10 wing before).

I wish the replay file was longer, it looked like Connor and Michael had a good battle going on for a while, I joined the two when Michael's tires started going off a bit.

@Michael Young - I really couldn't take advantage of your high wing.. I kept making tiny mistakes that prevented me from getting a decent run at you going. Jitteriness made it difficult to judge things also and I backed off a little instead of ramming you :).

I really need to load up some AI races and just try and stick to the back of cars around the track. Haven't learned how to drive consistently behind someone yet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back