AC GT3 @ Nürburgring GP, Sunday 24th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Interesting. I changed the mediums as I've no idea how long they last. I'll not bother changing them next time and try a different fuel load. Thanks for the tips guys.

I was wondering were you were going to splash a dash when we pitted! I wasn't taking any risks and had split the fuel 50 50 so changed the meds aswell. I think my rears were at 73 at the time so would have lasted the race.

Last edited:
Stefan, First I thought it was an incorrect overtake but seeing the replay you were already beside me just before the chicane and I did brake earlier. So you were first in the chicane and I should have backed off but I honestly didn't see you on my left (the chicane is so difficult I can't follow helicorsa at the same time. So I should be the one apologising!

When I watched the replay, I noticed it was a difficult situation for you to see me at all. I was only a tiny bit ahead before breaking into the chicane and there was only a glimps of my front visible for a split second. I couldnt move further to the left, otherwise, I would have hit the bump next to the curbs and would have transformed into a freaking rocket. On the other hand you didnt had enough space on the right for the same reason. So it was just an unfortunate racing incident. Maybe two cars are too much for the chicane :)

Yeah, I looked in there, but strangely I don't have a file for yesterday. Got one for the testing I did in the week and the race at silverstone though...
When did you exit the race last night?
When you wait until the screen fades to black, a new session is started.
Iirc this can screw up the normal results output so it also might screw up the cm output?

Whenever I see the screen fade I insta-esc no matter how awesome my donuts are :roflmao:

I've just heard that the Dutch are rioting in the streets because we didn't run GT3 at Zandvoort in years. I've told @HF2000 that as long as he puts the molotov cocktail down and leaves @Bertje's bicycle alone, we'll run it this week. Also, contractually I now love Max Verstappen, gouda cheese, and clogs. Come join us for 60 minutes of racing action!

This post^^^^^^^^ :laugh: :laugh:
SociableInformalBrontosaurus-small.gif

Last edited:
That was a good start for me and then it all went south with a little bump.

@unraver (John Plant) - I apologize for the bump that sent you off. I was really enjoying the close racing, but I took it to far. I failed to follow the golden rule about waiting, I feel much shame :unsure:.

After that I lost my focus and messed up the second half of the race.

There is a tough learning curve when racing so close. I will be more careful in the future.

Last edited:
It was so good to get the royal rumble style battles going last night. Exactly what i needed. After 3 months out and a relatively lonely race at wanaroo I was out of practice with it. I DNFd all the races this year so would have been great to just finish...

Battles can't really be recreated on public servers as its different rules of engagement! I found lapping away with consistancy in fresh air came back alright but maintaining the spatial awareness and staying relaxed going 2 wide though the chicane gets easier the more regularly it happens! For example I pulled off one of my best sunday overtakes last night, lasting from t1 to dunlop, but the adrenaline dump was so severe afterwards i wobbled through the schumacher esses and manged to get the next 2 corners all wrong and spin out. My mind was too far up the road already thinking of defending into the chicane.

The VR buzz has really amplified the jitters. Normally i would barely break a sweat in these races and be reasonably relaxed throughout. The added immersion is crazy. It was great to sort of calibrate the new reality last night. Get used to distances to other cars and such. All the technical dificulties i've had with it seem to be sorted. I was getting really steady fps last night.

VR is all I have used since starting here. I was worried for the first race I joined about stability issues with my HP so I tried the initial practice on flat screen. I was completely useless (more so than normal), couldn't judge corners braking or anything and it all looked out of scale and tiny. Sure there are people here who play both but I don't think I could go back very easily after using it this long.

For anyone looking to improve, I just stumbled on a new telemetry service that seems to be free at the moment.

Example of the data:

Seems a lot more accessible than MoTec. Not up to the VRS standards, but looks like it has some promise. At any rate it looks like we could compare against each others laps quite easily

For anyone looking to improve, I just stumbled on a new telemetry service that seems to be free at the moment.

Example of the data:

Seems a lot more accessible than MoTec. Not up to the VRS standards, but looks like it has some promise. At any rate it looks like we could compare against each others laps quite easily
Looks good! Gonna give it a go later on.
Only the Google account thing is a bit... Urghs...

Just read it in the FAQs though so maybe there's a possibility to create a new account?

Looks good! Gonna give it a go later on.
Only the Google account thing is a bit... Urghs...

Just read it in the FAQs though so maybe there's a possibility to create a new account?
Yeah, I created a new account. The installation was a little bit gnarly as it's not signed and I haven't yet got it logging the telemetry. I'll try again later after work

First of all big apology to the Porsche driver at Dunlop lap 1....totally miss judged distance....
Tough race....should have never put the mediums on... struggle for grip like a fish out of the water.....

Hi Jonathan,

I'd would say you were in the golden rule territory at dunlop corner? Apology accepted, I wasn't pissed or anything. I don't watch replays but some others guys said to me since that you should have waited. Lucky i didn't spin but i was back to the end of the queue!

The golden rule is strange at first and its **** when you have to wait because of a genuine mistake like yours but it does work and makes for better racing and better drivers in the long term.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 97 13.9%