AC GT3 @ Mugello - Wednesday 28th October 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I was on the inside of the track for the first attempt. I had clear space beside and infront of me and the capacity to go on the grass if needed. I was hit when an Audi hit the spun car and catapulted into me. That was fine, but what wasn't fine was that while I was on the grass on the inside of the turn, I was hit quite hard twice by people recovering. Twice, while on the grass after an incident. Bad form guys...

I do want to apologise to @tazza1986 for the stupid move I made at the start of race 2 at Casanova. Sorry mate, it was me leaving my nose in where I shouldn't have. :thumbsup:
no problem @Jimlaad43

@Benutzername @SakL @tazza1986 @Alen Pecanin @Ryan @kedy89 @Rami @Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak @Timppaq @Antti Lamsa @aksur @Tomi @Si @Jani Pauri @Chark @Olivier Boissel (Thomas) @Herbie @Jimlaad43 @piktor02 @Deathrund @Rudolph Maré @Enzo Fazzi @davidwanj

Guys, I have reviewed the gained log files from both race 1 turn 1 incidents and I have the followign conclusion based on that and my experience yesterday during the crashes. I think it is very important to brief you guys about it.
I also backtraced the lagspikes, as they are logged as well, and the first one happened at the end of the collisions, meaning they had no effect on the turn 1 incident
We all know Simon was spun around and hit on the first race 1. I am not goign to place blame on anybody for that, but what I do not like is that there are 16(!) collisions with Simon, AFTER HIS SPIN. (And over 100 collisions during lap one) Some of them are only bumping on straights, their speed is reported as a 2kph impact in the log, but there are still a significant amount of harder impacts (too much to count)
The fact that it happened again in attempt 2 (slightly less though) gives me the feeling that some here forgot the fact that we have the Lap 1 rules, be as carefull as possible.
The 16 Simon collisions could have been easily avoided if people started looking ahead and anticipating, because I don't believe Simon spun into 7 different drivers. I was in the middle of the 100 collision chaos, but my name is not included in that 100 collision menace, since I saw what happened and decided to take the long route through the gravel.
Basically the points I am trying to make here are this:
  1. Remember the lap 1 rule, I am going to pay more strict attention again to it next time somethign happens. I will definitely disconnect, save the replay and make reviews/reports on those that seriously disregard the lap 1 rule.
    There is no winning a race in turn 1.
  2. Please anticipate better on actions you see happening, if you see a car spinning in front, take a wider line (even go offtrack when required). If there is a car next to you who also needs to go wide, keep more space. Also, people will hit brakes when something happens, keep that in mind and brake yourself as well ;) My driving instructor always thought me to look ahead, pretty usefull hint, use it on track as well
    Your car will be faster during the race if you avoid spinning cars and avoid attaining damage, even after going through the grass.
I guess I hit a couple of drivers lagging around. Strange thing, normally I at least see me/others warping around in such a case, not this time though. Only thing I actually know I did was slightly bumping in someone after the T1 spins when cars were suddenly slowing down.
Was a bit suspicious when the guy behind me crashed off without reason in the final corner, when @Si told me that I was lagging I immediately pulled off the track.
No idea what was wrong yesterday, didn't have problems in weeks now. Pinged RD and Google for about 30 mins after I quit, was always around 600ms -.-.
So annoyed that this happened, apologies again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%