AC GT3 @ Mugello - Wednesday 28th October 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Race 2 DNF :D
I literally had so much damage that it would take over 2 laps of repairing, now that is pointless hotlapping then :p
Yeah, just retired afterwards.
The crash was a race incident, you ran wide and begun to spun i think. I sadly also ran wide, not as wide but i was just with all 4 wheels onto the curb which was just enough to hit you. In the Lambo i had a topspeed of 2120 afterwards and was 4 seconds slower than before...

Somebody whith orange mclaren hit me 2 times in 2 races. I had too much damage to continue race 2. And i have seen a few of drivers re-enter on track like kamikaze after their chrashes. I hope they make more careful next time.

And sorry to Ryan for my hit in formation lap. I didn't see the brake of the group

@Alen Pecanin I'm sorry about that hit in first race. It was totally my fault but you are so much slower in corners that it just surprised me.

Hey Tomi. No problem man. It happens. Shame we were so high up the rank :D I am not mad, we learn from everything :)

I would like to apologize for hitting someone after some laps in the 2nd race in T1. I looked at a wrong reference point and braked about 50m later than I should. I dont know who it was, but I didnt see the driver being stuck somewhere, so I hope he didnt get hit much as it looked, and rocketed away. So I think the hit was worse for me :)

Was hit in both T1 incidences, on first one I did also a bad rejoin, so I was "glad" server acted up :rolleyes:

First race also got some damage in T1 which cost a lot of time. Luckily @Benutzername had the same pace, I guess also damaged :D But he went away after some laps.

Second race was mostly hotlapping. Was somehow not "connected" with the lambo and pace was in between... Much too slow for front but also a bit faster then the ones behind me...so I was mostly hotlapping :cool: Anyway I like hotlapping this track, drove it a lot in the m3 e30 :D
Thanks @Ryan for company in last laps ;)

Hey Tomi. No problem man. It happens. Shame we were so high up the rank :D I am not mad, we learn from everything :)

I would like to apologize for hitting someone after some laps in the 2nd race in T1. I looked at a wrong reference point and braked about 50m later than I should. I dont know who it was, but I didnt see the driver being stuck somewhere, so I hope he didnt get hit much as it looked, and rocketed away. So I think the hit was worse for me :)
It was me :cry:. Don't sweat it. I made my share of mistakes tonight. There were a few glimmers of hope from tonight. @Benutzername and @Alen Pecanin had some good wheel to wheel duels with me and it was awesome. Despite the mishaps there was still fun to be had. @Herbie I figured with soft tires fitted I might have been able to start at least some entertainment. I still had to obey the blue flags though. @tazza1986 I bumped someone else too. It was silly :unsure:. At least we could all pit and come out good as new!

"Club events are for casual racing only. It's not about the winning or losing but about having a good driving experience. This is the perfect environment for your daily races as there is no pressure involved. Fun is King."

That being said though, the staff here post the rules on every race board. Please make sure you understand them. Most importantly:

Golden Rule: If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain their position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

Thanks for giving me all that pressure @Timppaq
My tyres were starting to give out and I was just trying to keep enough space between us, that you would't have a chance to use that power on the straight :sneaky::whistling:
Thank you everybody for the races. And this is what happens when you do few hundreds of laps on one track... now I can drive in Mugello, but others are a struggle :roflmao:
Special thanks again for @Ricardo

As i'll always do, my event report:

Was not confident with the lambo, felt strange. Also i noticed that my pace seems to be a lot worse in Gt3's, cause very event i attened with them were way worse than in any other car on RD. Anyway...
Mugello never really was my track, so i was glad that i mproved after practice and got closer to the field and qualifyied in the back-midfield.

Race 1, Take 1
Start wasn't good, but due to the Turn 1 incident, which as far as i've seen it, was a race incident between two red cars in the front which resulted in a very unlucky chain reaction. Due to ping-pongi'sh results i could'nt avoid a small collision. It wasnt a major hit, could continue at the same position where i started. @Ricardo was in front of me and overtook @tazza1986 in the same corner as i did because he ran wide.
In the last corner Ricardo was hit by an"invisible car", or better, a car that just randomly apperaed for a second and disapperead again.
bad luck for him. I caught up to a red Huracan, followed him closely and overtook him just before the last turn of the circuit. In the same corner i was hit by him and halfly spun, i guess it was due to lag, he didnt seem to have noticed.
That way @Ryan caught up, we were following each other closely and overtook the red Lambo on the main straight a lap later - I was away really quick on the straight while he just made it under braking.
The lap after we had a nice fair duel which seemed to be won by him on the main straight another lap later. Despite beeing two car lengths back i somehow managed to brake into the inside and re-overtake him fairly. At that point the server went down for a while sadly. Ryan was a tad faster so it would have been an awesome fight.

Race 1, Take 2
Another bad start, another crash in Turn 1. Again there was no way i could avoid hitting a spun car in front of me. I hit @Ryan in the side. He was last, i just in front of him.
My car was a bit damaged, but there were quite some cars that had spun while racing so i went up to 10th. @Herbie was in front of me, made a mistake and i took the chance. After that we both drove quite a lonely race in a distance just enough to not allow any attacks. In the last laps i could build a small gap. P9 in the end, P8 would have been nice to start in front in R2. Still decent.

Race 2
Well, trouble in the formation lap. Cars in front of me stopped on the main straight, i managed to stop in time but a car behind couldnt, resulting in 3 or 4 damaged cars.
We went to the pit again and started the race. A clean and good flying start. I could follow @Rami in the opening lap cause of traffic. Behind me was @Herbie again. I think he even was behind me in the first take of R1 :D - Just lost a bit of time but could catch up due to a three-way fight between Rami, Ricardo and @Timppaq . It was a fight of four for a short time, then Ricardo ran wide, began to spun and i unfortunately ran wide in the exact spot slightly for the first time and hit him. Both of us retired with too much damaged, though i tried to continue my race. But i was just not competitive anymore, 4 seconds per lap slower than before.

Was a nice experience though some problems occured here and there.
:thumbsup:

:cool:

Thanks for giving me all that pressure @Timppaq
My tyres were starting to give out and I was just trying to keep enough space between us, that you would't have a chance to use that power on the straight :sneaky::whistling:
Thank you everybody for the races. And this is what happens when you do few hundreds of laps on one track... now I can drive in Mugello, but others are a struggle :roflmao:
Special thanks again for @Ricardo
oh yes. @Ricardo is the best. Always great works

@Benutzername @SakL @tazza1986 @Alen Pecanin @Ryan @kedy89 @Rami @Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak @Timppaq @Antti Lamsa @aksur @Tomi @Si @Jani Pauri @Chark @Olivier Boissel (Thomas) @Herbie @Jimlaad43 @piktor02 @Deathrund @Rudolph Maré @Enzo Fazzi @davidwanj

Guys, I have reviewed the gained log files from both race 1 turn 1 incidents and I have the followign conclusion based on that and my experience yesterday during the crashes. I think it is very important to brief you guys about it.
I also backtraced the lagspikes, as they are logged as well, and the first one happened at the end of the collisions, meaning they had no effect on the turn 1 incident
We all know Simon was spun around and hit on the first race 1. I am not goign to place blame on anybody for that, but what I do not like is that there are 16(!) collisions with Simon, AFTER HIS SPIN. (And over 100 collisions during lap one) Some of them are only bumping on straights, their speed is reported as a 2kph impact in the log, but there are still a significant amount of harder impacts (too much to count)
The fact that it happened again in attempt 2 (slightly less though) gives me the feeling that some here forgot the fact that we have the Lap 1 rules, be as carefull as possible.
The 16 Simon collisions could have been easily avoided if people started looking ahead and anticipating, because I don't believe Simon spun into 7 different drivers. I was in the middle of the 100 collision chaos, but my name is not included in that 100 collision menace, since I saw what happened and decided to take the long route through the gravel.
Basically the points I am trying to make here are this:
  1. Remember the lap 1 rule, I am going to pay more strict attention again to it next time somethign happens. I will definitely disconnect, save the replay and make reviews/reports on those that seriously disregard the lap 1 rule.
    There is no winning a race in turn 1.
  2. Please anticipate better on actions you see happening, if you see a car spinning in front, take a wider line (even go offtrack when required). If there is a car next to you who also needs to go wide, keep more space. Also, people will hit brakes when something happens, keep that in mind and brake yourself as well ;) My driving instructor always thought me to look ahead, pretty usefull hint, use it on track as well
    Your car will be faster during the race if you avoid spinning cars and avoid attaining damage, even after going through the grass.

I didn't know about the logs showing collisions and lag spikes, it seems like quite an useful tool. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing that with us @Ricardo, I agree with all you said. It's a good thing we remind everyone racing rules when such incidents happen.

I was lucky enough to avoid both of the turn one incidents, but I know how frustrating it is to prepare for a race, get the best qualy you can, and then seeing all that destroyed in turn one. No need to do any name dropping at this point, it happens. I'm just hoping it will be a lesson, and that it won't occur again. :)

Also, I did notice "ghost collisions" throughout the first few laps. I think someone had a ping so high (more than a couple of seconds) that his car teleported randomly everywhere on track (including inside other cars). If you were unlucky enough (and I was), you were hit by basically... nothing. So, these collisions where not racing related. Still waiting for the netcode update. :rolleyes:

@Benutzername @SakL @tazza1986 @Alen Pecanin @Ryan @kedy89 @Rami @Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak @Timppaq @Antti Lamsa @aksur @Tomi @Si @Jani Pauri @Chark @Olivier Boissel (Thomas) @Herbie @Jimlaad43 @piktor02 @Deathrund @Rudolph Maré @Enzo Fazzi @davidwanj

Guys, I have reviewed the gained log files from both race 1 turn 1 incidents and I have the followign conclusion based on that and my experience yesterday during the crashes. I think it is very important to brief you guys about it.
I also backtraced the lagspikes, as they are logged as well, and the first one happened at the end of the collisions, meaning they had no effect on the turn 1 incident
We all know Simon was spun around and hit on the first race 1. I am not goign to place blame on anybody for that, but what I do not like is that there are 16(!) collisions with Simon, AFTER HIS SPIN. (And over 100 collisions during lap one) Some of them are only bumping on straights, their speed is reported as a 2kph impact in the log, but there are still a significant amount of harder impacts (too much to count)
The fact that it happened again in attempt 2 (slightly less though) gives me the feeling that some here forgot the fact that we have the Lap 1 rules, be as carefull as possible.
The 16 Simon collisions could have been easily avoided if people started looking ahead and anticipating, because I don't believe Simon spun into 7 different drivers. I was in the middle of the 100 collision chaos, but my name is not included in that 100 collision menace, since I saw what happened and decided to take the long route through the gravel.
Basically the points I am trying to make here are this:
  1. Remember the lap 1 rule, I am going to pay more strict attention again to it next time somethign happens. I will definitely disconnect, save the replay and make reviews/reports on those that seriously disregard the lap 1 rule.
    There is no winning a race in turn 1.
  2. Please anticipate better on actions you see happening, if you see a car spinning in front, take a wider line (even go offtrack when required). If there is a car next to you who also needs to go wide, keep more space. Also, people will hit brakes when something happens, keep that in mind and brake yourself as well ;) My driving instructor always thought me to look ahead, pretty usefull hint, use it on track as well
    Your car will be faster during the race if you avoid spinning cars and avoid attaining damage, even after going through the grass.
Thank you very much for that elaborate briefing!! :thumbsup:
I appreciate it very much!
To add another personal point of view: I am still always afraid of T1! :notworthy: And what I am afraid of is that I am too cautious! I want to go very early from the throttle and brake also very early but I am afraid then to be hit from the back!
If I remember correctly I did this in both races 1 and in first attempt I got through the destruction derby ;) quite well but when I was almost through I was hit from behind and spun around.
Then I must admit I did something stupid...I tried to spin back :thumbsdown: Of course i failed and hit someone else hard myself! No excuse for that :redface:

Second race: Same approach...better outcome ;)

Also, I did notice "ghost collisions" throughout the first few laps. I think someone had a ping so high (more than a couple of seconds) that his car teleported randomly everywhere on track (including inside other cars). If you were unlucky enough (and I was), you were hit by basically... nothing. So, these collisions where not racing related. Still waiting for the netcode update. :rolleyes:
Agreed, and understood, but those collisions were recorded as collisions with environment for some weird reason, I was shunted off as well by a ghost crash (in which a lag spike was present) and it showed I collided with the environment only. (Could be the wall, dont know if I ended up in there) but nobody else collided with me according to the logs, so they are unrelated to the Turn 1 mayhem

FB_IMG_1446127441991.jpg
I7YWEUt
My home today this HTML class. Value is http://imgur.com/I7Y

Agreed, and understood, but those collisions were recorded as collisions with environment for some weird reason, I was shunted off as well by a ghost crash (in which a lag spike was present) and it showed I collided with the environment only. (Could be the wall, dont know if I ended up in there) but nobody else collided with me according to the logs, so they are unrelated to the Turn 1 mayhem
Rectification: It was @Antti Lamsa lagging around and hitting random people, not even the server, funfact, I was braking for the last turn, when he set a laptime but at the same time destroyed the rear of my car :p

I was on the inside of the track for the first attempt. I had clear space beside and infront of me and the capacity to go on the grass if needed. I was hit when an Audi hit the spun car and catapulted into me. That was fine, but what wasn't fine was that while I was on the grass on the inside of the turn, I was hit quite hard twice by people recovering. Twice, while on the grass after an incident. Bad form guys...

I do want to apologise to @tazza1986 for the stupid move I made at the start of race 2 at Casanova. Sorry mate, it was me leaving my nose in where I shouldn't have. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back