AC GT3 @ Mugello - Sunday August 20, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
guys please remember to use your real names in teamspeak or you will be kicked from the server and teamspeak..
herbie
Gianluca.s
B3h3moth.. (i remember telling you this before)

:roflmao:
What a Comeback!! :thumbsdown:
30 seconds to start I suddenly noticed that my setup was invalid with race fuel and couldn´t correct that in time:D
So I started from pits :whistling:
...and somehow I also messed up with the fuel due to that ...so I ran out of it half way through (must be stock fuel somehow) :rolleyes:
Sorry guys :(

Seems like there are lots of mixed experiences, unfortunately there was a rather big incident at the start, but I'm sure many will redeem themselves at the next race and many will have an opportunity to go for better results.

Sorry for blue flag accidents. I was only a rider after my own accident.
Could not do anything except go to the brake and let me slip over the grass.

It was a mediocre race for me. I hadn't the pace, but the start killed me way before I could confirm that fact. I somehow avoided the incident on T1 (slightly being T-boned by a spining silver Ferrari, don't remember the name of the driver right now, but without much consequence), feeling lucky for that, when after taking the first left-right hander (T2) I was killed by a warping Anthony Rofail, who a second before was some 50m in front of me and now was... well, in my car, clipping like a madman :roflmao::confused: I landed against the wall, nothing serious happened to the car, so I let everyone pass before I returned to the track, with the exception of a white and yellow Nissan that was far away (by feeling) but that almost crashed me in the next corner. I don't know if I was at fault at that, but I apologize nonetheless.

After that, like I said before, I hadn't the pace. I managed to put a couple of laps 1 second slower than my qualy time, which was good with the harder tires and a bus of fuel on board, but the rest were low to high 53s. I tried to get out of the way while being blue flagged, I hope that was enough for you guys at the front.

I'm not that good with the Z4, so maybe I'll should try another one the next time haha :D

@Vincius : sorry for the accident. I ended up in the grass after the big mess caused (for what I see) by one single driver at T2/L1 and I lost the car. I also messed up your start being late. I forgot I had left the clutch set up for the MC1!!

@Giovaneveterano : Watching the replay trying to figure out what happened after the start, I could not avoid to notice the BMW sending you off into the grass at T1/L1... I'm impressed how you were able to hold it...while the BMW, well...

@Eugene Abramoff : I thought I could drive the car after the accident because of the low damage ratio, but I realized within one lap my suspensions were compromised and in fact when I went for the pit I had so much damages that it took almost the same time for repairs and tires.

My question is, for the sake of the realism and fairness, should we all avoid using the ESCAPE short cut and just drive to the pit instead?

I did not go any further myself, but a quick replay of just the first lap will tell you a lot of stories.

My question is, for the sake of the realism and fairness, should we all avoid using the ESCAPE short cut and just drive to the pit instead?
I agree all though I did that. I was too hasty and did use esc because I was about to quit the whole race but then I though what the hell let's race. But some laps later someone used me as a brake helper and after that I did quit for real.

@Eugene Abramoff : I thought I could drive the car after the accident because of the low damage ratio, but I realized within one lap my suspensions were compromised and in fact when I went for the pit I had so much damages that it took almost the same time for repairs and tires.

Nobody should, but there is no way of enforcing it, apart from locking controls. I will look into that :thumbsup:

I have too much respect for the gentlemen drivers here and I am the spare wheel of the grid. That was just a consideration and I can feel the frustration. In fact, digging further in the replay I found out another top driver got slammed more than once like in a silly arcade game.

I'm sure most of us here are committed to bring the best of ourselves.

On a different note, the VIT is a blast! ;)

The question again and again:
Why can not you get a good start?
Everyone hears and understands the fact that the race is not won in a corner and you have 45 minutes to keep this tension.
No, the start falls, the curve 1 comes and everything pushes with and without brakes from behind, without trying to give way.
This is not the right way.
You do not win the race.
Learning goes from back to front and that takes 45 minutes.
I, too, belong to it and accept it.
Those who are in the race and then go again and again at the first accident unfortunately learn nothing about it and should not complain after running.

This text was written with Google translator and is probably a catatrophic.

Nevertheless, I am always looking forward to the next race.

Last edited:
The ever lasting quest to improve driving standards and race etiquette. We will get their eventually. Hopefully.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%