AC GT3 @ Mugello - Sunday 26th of March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Not sure what happened at the start, sure i was shifting up.
Down to p6, 1 lap later p3 +3,6 sec behind the leader and thats where i thought the story ends ...
Did not expect to match @BhZ times, i was surprised by my own pace.
@BhZ were you driving at your limit?
At one point i thought you were struggling but then you were able to push the car again without me gaining time.
Another amazing experience.
It's been a complicated race. During the practice i noticed that the car wasn't behaving as it did when i worked on the setup. I couldn't go down to 1.46, probably due to the temperature of the track. Softs were impossible to use, at least with my setup. For the first couple of laps i tried to push the car to the limit and noticed that i had several problems in keeping the car on the track at the Arrabbiata 1 and 2, so i decided to slow down a bit since you were 3rd and Geoffrey seemed unable to close that 2 seconds gap between us. At some point Geoffrey disappeared, don't know why, and you started gaining some time. Once you reached me i finally got the confidence to push at the Arrabbiata and managed to gain a couple of tents every lap there. I wouldn't say i pushed the car to the limit since i was scared to death of losing control of the car. I focused more on consistency, pushing a bit more when you were under 1 second gap. I can tell you that because of you, i needed the longest shower i've ever had ;) and i'm looking forward to the next race at the nurburgring. That track will be much easier than mugello and probably the tires will last longer.

Thanks! This week I'll be driving in Abarthy Party and Mighty Mazda cup where I don't have any problems to keep up with others. Finished 9th in Tatuus race. But GT3 is a little mystery for me.

So when I'll practice for the 2.04 race I'll send You my laps. I was watching You guys in practice and for sure the race line isn't a problem. Maybe I'm not driving aggresively enough. Will see. Thanks!
The car makes a difference too. What were you driving? Were you driving with the default setup?

The car makes a difference too. What were you driving? Were you driving with the default setup?
I was in Audi. Changed only the tire preassure and shortened gears (very little). Second Audi on the race was able to do about 1:50, but I couldn't go lower than 1:55.

The audi has a very understeery setup. It's not the best car to drive with the default setup. Just decreasing the understeer will help you gaining time (the earlier you can press the throttle, the better). It's been a while since i drove the audi, but you could try to use are softer front ARB, eventually lower rear wing, stiffer rear ARB as well as softer front springs and stiffer rear springs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back