AC GT3 @ Mosport - Sun 06 Jan 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was a real tough race for me, good start into P5 and then I slid into the green stuff on T4 all the way back to 16th! Fought back through but could not manage the tyres, sorry @Craig Dunkley for spinning in front of you at least twice. Hard race...thanks again.

That was a real tough race for me, good start into P5 and then I slid into the green stuff on T4 all the way back to 16th! Fought back through but could not manage the tyres, sorry @Craig Dunkley for spinning in front of you at least twice. Hard race...thanks again.

Not a problem at all ....my personal goal is a top ten finish (for now, but I will never give up trying to better that) half way round the last lap I ran out of fuel ...so annoyed :mad: 59 mins of driving :mad:

I never heard any screaming on TS, so I believe everything went well ..thanks to all for another great race :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums ..great driving chaps ...hope to see you all next week :thumbsup:

Thanks again @Craig Dunkley , for yet another great event - beautiful track but hard! Hard on the tyres too... half way through each stint mine were gone:(

@Pauli Ahonen , so sorry for the nudge Pauli, I was far to eager to get past whilst my tyres were good, a stupid mistake by me and hope I didn't ruin your race.

Congrats to the podium guys as always, stunning times..... and so bloody consistent, dammit :mad::p

Good Race, mostly wandering around bottom/mid pack.... Somehow I got 8th, PB @ RD
Was looking at the results on simnet... it is wierd, it has me starting @ P4, I think I was P12 or something....anyway.
Thanks

Good Race, mostly wandering around bottom/mid pack.... Somehow I got 8th, PB @ RD
Was looking at the results on simnet... it is wierd, it has me starting @ P4, I think I was P12 or something....anyway.
Thanks
Assetto Corsa sometimes records unfinished laps during quali and practice as 00:00.000. A bit of a shame.

great race last night!! thank you guys, and of course to Wolfgang Kronthaler. i made some mistakes at the first laps, and others at the ends, but i ran consistenly almost all race. i had good sensations and learned more about setups.

Great race for me. First time in Top10 in Q (6th). Mistake in calculating fuel took too much time during 1st pit and last 10 laps I had to save fuel, but not enough and another pit for 2 liters cost me 2 positions in the end. Had some very nice and clean battles with @durielk
Congrats to the podium!!!

I had more internet issues and lost connection in second lap. Was looking forward to the race so much and had put in a fair bit of practice beforehand .
I am using to power line adapters if anyone has any tips .
Stayed on TS to listen in and seemed a very clean race. Some of you guys so fast!
Great car and track combo with the 650. Maybe next time! Would be very happy with a top 10 finish!!

I abandoned my precious Lambo for this race, simply because I was faster with the Ferrari on it's default setup than I was able to get the Lambo to go with a setup. Another benefit I found is that tire wear on the Ferrari was a lot better, so I wanted to beat the Audi's at their own game this time, only using one set of tires (mediums).
Quali was alright, I think I could've gone a bit faster but I didn't have to. I noticed Anders was starting in 2nd and on hards. This meant I could save tires with the mediums but still make a gap. Made a small mistake on strategy in the pits, should've started with a full tank and then fueled 1L but after the pitstop I was still in front.
On the outlap, someone spun and didn't lock his brakes, making him come back across the track. I got spun by this and came back on the circuit being one second behind Anders. Took me a while to get the pace back, as I was fuming and my tires were absolutely ****ed (Yes, this is the technical term).
@Anders Jensen Thanks again for letting me by on the final lap, absolutely incredible sportsmanship.

Stream (Race start at 13:00):

Also, this was my dad's first online race and I think he did really well! Watch out @Steve Le Gallez, there's a new dad on the block. ;)
He used V003, a slightly faster setup than V004 but uses the rear tires more. I made V004 to put a bit less pressure on the rear tires, especially the rear left and was then able to do 1:16's on mediums for all 47 laps.

Oh, does anyone have the full replay?

Attachments

• 488_MOSP_R_V003.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 488_MOSP_R_V004.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I had more internet issues and lost connection in second lap. Was looking forward to the race so much and had put in a fair bit of practice beforehand .
I am using to power line adapters if anyone has any tips .
Stayed on TS to listen in and seemed a very clean race. Some of you guys so fast!
Great car and track combo with the 650. Maybe next time! Would be very happy with a top 10 finish!!

I use powerlines and found that they can temporarily drop connections when there's other electrical activities happening on the same circuit (a spike when something is switched on for example) or for no reason I become a 'lagger' online in a long race. Tried using filters on the Ethernet lead but had no luck. I'm going to get back into racing and have bought a long drill bit to run a cable direct to hub / router. Not a practical solution for everyone though.

Yea, power line adapters are really not a very good solution for on-line racing or something that is critical. There is just too much noise on the AC lines. You would be better off using wifi, IMO.

Ive just ben looking into it and there is a power saving mode on them that must be turned off. Then they can still go to sleep, but apparently setting up a constant ping to your router can stop it from happening (I have just done that)

If I can sort the disconnect I should be good as im getting 10ms ping, 60 dl and 20 ul through it.

Looks like I might have contacted Marius during this disconnected state last night :(

Thanks a lot to all! Q at P5, not that bad with very less practice again. Tbh this track was one of my nightmares back then with GPL. I hated it since then. But it'd always good to face your own demons and it was worth it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%