AC GT3 @ Mosport Park - Sunday 15th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@JamKart22
I can help with a setup demo from a joe soap, ie me:geek:, first session is me trying the car, then next session is some laps to look for issues, then a series of laps with a nearly done setup, then a series of laps "going for it" with a refined setup. there is a bit more but I had done enough.
I can run soft's for a whole half of the race as long as I do not venture into the 15's , as long as I stick to 1-16-0.5 and 16-00 I am ok.
In the last series of laps, I am in the red with the left front, but I can still knock out a lot of laps even with that going on.

it was a real pleasure to drive a car that did not try and kill you, I could never have got away with what I was getting away with the Nissan in the McLaren.:)

AC replay .....https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hsko9qt37anoxf/AC_160821-175323_O_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_jr_mosport_2020_?dl=0

Thanks to everyone for another good nights racing on what i think is a great but difficult track. It really pushes the limits of a GT3 car, some of them more than others.

Next week, I know we're all old and older but, maybe we all have that one endurance event a year in us! Sorry I'm not around on sunday, so a slight change to the saturday night will hopefully suit others as it will be finishing a bit later than usual! Hopefully see you all there :)

Attached is the setup used for the lap. Not much changed from base apart from soft tyres (with the hot front left), tyre pressure, gearing and aero.

I be interested to know what time you can do with that setup compared to the setup changes you propose. Thanks
Hi Colin,
just wanted to drop a note that it's gonna take until Friday afternoon for me to push for some laps. Unexpected low seat time and didn't do a lap at Thomson Road yet for the Fat Alfie Championship :barefoot:
Not forgetting this though, don't worry! :)

@JamKart22
I can help with a setup demo from a joe soap, ie me:geek:, first session is me trying the car, then next session is some laps to look for issues, then a series of laps with a nearly done setup, then a series of laps "going for it" with a refined setup. there is a bit more but I had done enough.
I can run soft's for a whole half of the race as long as I do not venture into the 15's , as long as I stick to 1-16-0.5 and 16-00 I am ok.
In the last series of laps, I am in the red with the left front, but I can still knock out a lot of laps even with that going on.

it was a real pleasure to drive a car that did not try and kill you, I could never have got away with what I was getting away with the Nissan in the McLaren.:)

AC replay .....https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hsko9qt37anoxf/AC_160821-175323_O_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_jr_mosport_2020_?dl=0
Thanks for the replay, very interesting.

Did you use base setup for the initial laps? I ask because you can take the fast downhill left hander before Hill virtually flat in 6th. I was luck to get it round in 5th with a slight lift.
Hi Colin,
just wanted to drop a note that it's gonna take until Friday afternoon for me to push for some laps. Unexpected low seat time and didn't do a lap at Thomson Road yet for the Fat Alfie Championship :barefoot:
Not forgetting this though, don't worry! :)
No worries. I'm on holiday next week so no rush. Next race will be Spa so any tips welcome...

@JamKart22
No, that was my standard generic setup. I have a general setup that is really not far, if at all, from the setup I gave you. ( that was used for the first laps, every time I came into the pits I then made changes, obviously )
There is quite a big difference for the Nissan circuit to circuit, luckily our temperatures and track conditions are set in our gt3 races so I do not have that into the mix.:) ( pleased about that )

The setup video is, I think,:rolleyes: a good representation of my setup procedure, there is an advantage of a car I know well, but like most here it is pretty representative of my process and I am sure most here too.

PS
I have done as much as I can, it is over to Rasmus now, he is very good at teaching all the fine detail that you need, especially explaining and demonstrates it so well too.
:)

Last edited:
I modded my mclaren v2 wheel's shifter with some felt pads and then had to drive a little... And it got a bit more... And now I'm too late for a birthday :roflmao:
Anyway, here's the cut replay and the setup I used.

Managed a 1:15.789

I attached both files in a zip file. You have to delete the .ini at the end :)

Attachments

• RasP_GTR_Mosport.zip.ini
    284.1 KB · Views: 47

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years