AC GT3 @ Mosport Park - Sunday 15th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I can't find it on SGP and sign up :(
You're too late. You have to sign up before the event starts. That was an hour ago.

If you go to on S.GP to communities RaceDepartment you can see the event (running at the moment).

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for racing.

And in case you didn't see it. Here's the thread for the next Mystery Event:

I thought id try a new car this week. In my practice time i was 2seconds faster with the lambo than the nissan. It didnt seem to translate to the race. I lost the car a few turns in and it all went downhill from there. Everyone else was faster and more consistent and I think its safe to say i was out-driven in a significant way. The best i could do was to keep out of the way.

i hope to have a better race next week and hopefully give someone a proper race. Congrats to the winners and thx for putting the race together. Hope you had a good race. Ill see you next week!!

I thought id try a new car this week. In my practice time i was 2seconds faster with the lambo than the nissan. It didnt seem to translate to the race. I lost the car a few turns in and it all went downhill from there. Everyone else was faster and more consistent and I think its safe to say i was out-driven in a significant way. The best i could do was to keep out of the way.

i hope to have a better race next week and hopefully give someone a proper race. Congrats to the winners and thx for putting the race together. Hope you had a good race. Ill see you next week!!

I had a quick go of the lambo yesterday and really struggled with it. Surprised to see a few of them on the grid. Apart from the slow corner onto the big straight i don't think it was a good track for it.

@HF2000 Han I nearly had you pal ☹️ or were you just teasing me?
Well done to the podiums, great pace and consistency
I had a massive off from I simple clip of a kerb which was quite surprising. Think I've seen it happen to someone else exactly the same way the last time I raced here.
Was a really exciting race all the same. The sweat was dripping off me half way through.
Thanks for organising @Interslice Brian.

Race report.:rolleyes:
I just had that premonition that it was going to be a disastrous race for me before I even joined, and it was, sometimes all the good luck I normally have just desserted me tonight. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Love the McLaren on this circuit, all the spins I had were me doing things sillily wrong. But the McLaren certainly punish you. Spins are just not recoverable, I managed four in this race, only one was the McLaren, even then I certainly contributed to it.:p
I am sure Brian and Han were happy though.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Seeing me acting like a ballerina.
But of course I was not alone, George and John seemed to have had spins too, I am also sure Han and Brian were pleased about that too.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Come to think of it I certainly passed a lot of cars that had spun on this race track tonight, so I was not alone.:D:D
So a big well done to all three podiums, much deserved too.
Oh well!! always another week.:):)

Nice race, thanks to everyone involved! It was pretty solid from a tactical and consistency point of view for me. I was happy to do an hour without any mistakes after making a mess of road atlanta for pretty much the entire last 40 minutes of the race.

I got a really good launch and start. Han's pressure on tim in the z4 let me sneak by him too, when they went door to door in turn 2 early on. Just followed han for the first stint. Wasn't going to be able to get by and stay in front. Luckily he changed tyres and gave me the ten second lead for the second stint. Thanks to good back markers and no holdups, he only closed it to 3 seconds at the end, which is a nice buffer on the worn tyres! Luckily most of the other front runners fell victim to the track and we both got on the podium! Congrats to @pattikins for the win :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Tonight I went with the Glickenhaus. I am certainly faster in other cars but on this track it just felt the most stable. I didn't have to worry too much about losing the rear as with the McLaren. Was probably half a second to a second slower than those behind me, but luckily it has a bit of top end which helped to defend against Mark at the end. My strategy was to not spin as I usually spin a few times in the GT3 races with the McLaren. I had one off tonight and I hit Colin at the double right handed before the straight. Sorry about that. He and Pat then pitted and I got the overcut on them and came out 2 seconds ahead of them. They were quicker and easily overtook me again. Somewhere I passed Colin again and found myself in 10th I think. From there it was about navigating cars lapping me and ensuring I don't lose too much time to Mark. He caught me with 4 minutes to go and I managed to defend my position till the end. So my tactic of slow and steady paid off tonight. I think the Nissan might be a decent car for me if I enjoyed the Glickenhaus. Will give it a try as well sometime. Thanks for organising Brian. Thanks for the race everyone.

But of course I was not alone, George and John seemed to have had spins too
I did mate, 2 spins on the same lap :laugh: couldn't shake off @pattikins so looked at changing pitstop window, D pad wouldn't work dammit, got distracted, panicked and spun, then again whilst tyres were still Mozzarella, so from pole to last in 10 laps:cry::O_o:

Happy with the finish though, a sweaty 7th after binning the last corner ffs:O_o: need to work on stamina! First time I've been able to find passing places I didn't think possible here, so, very happy with that.

Thanks to the organisers and fair racing with all:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I had a quick go of the lambo yesterday and really struggled with it. Surprised to see a few of them on the grid. Apart from the slow corner onto the big straight i don't think it was a good track for it.

Could you go into more detail? What makes the car ill suited for the track?

i found the lambo to be more sensitive to steering, gas, breaks and it was more important to keep the car balanced, at least compared to the nissan. The back really wanted to step out if i slowed while turning.

is the track already chosen for next week?
Also, do people use discord to talk during practice or races? Ive had it running lately, but i dont think its working properly. I dont hear anyone talking.

After a good showing in the weds race I had high hopes for this one but I just could find a competitive time in the Nissan.

Interesting that even Ernie didn't fancy the Nissan on this track but Han managed a third in it. Han, did you do much setup work beforehand?

This such a frustrating (but great) hobby. I know how to get a good time in the TT but the same lines put me a second off the pace in the Nissan.

I was so desperate I tried a McLaren but gave that up after countless spins. The BMW seemed a bit more forgiving but went back to what I know with the race looming.

Fairly steady first half and made up places as people fell of the track but I managed to drive in to Richard's accident after the pitstop and it all went a bit crap after that. Q13, R13 is disappointing given the effort put in and I dont really know where to go with the Nissan to go quicker - any suggestions?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.5%