AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday January 29th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys, i had 1 lap of intense action but unfortunately screwed up on last corner of lap 1. I took out a AMG mercedes and apologise absolutely for it!

Is there something im doing wrong.....my meds were ICE cold and completely undriveable!

Really enjoyed that race. Nice clean start and had fun trying to hold the places I gained for a few laps. But as per usual I crumbled under pressure and mistakes let people by... probably a good thing as I was clearly holding them up! :p Maybe I'll be adventurous and try a different car next week...

Guys, i had 1 lap of intense action but unfortunately screwed up on last corner of lap 1. I took out a AMG mercedes and apologise absolutely for it!

Is there something im doing wrong.....my meds were ICE cold and completely undriveable!

Conditions were good enough to use Softs and they would've lasted almost all the way through. AMG is of course not easy to drive, sometimes the rear would step out, or I would spin for no reason and be thinking, how the hell does that happen. Love the car, but don't understand it quite a lot of times.
Normally AMG can use harder compounds than other cars because it can keep it warm, but I suppose Monza has only 3-4 turns which can really pump up the tires, so it didn't work.

The 911 of course has silly traction, so it takes off really well. Also it gets to 278 quite easily. Tricky to keep them tires working though, since oversteer is the name of the game... :mad:

Why, is it difficult to keep fronts warm, or rears in the right temperature range?

AMG is of course not easy to drive, sometimes the rear would step out, or I would spin for no reason and be thinking, how the hell does that happen. Love the car, but don't understand it quite a lot of times.
Normally AMG can use harder compounds than other cars because it can keep it warm, but I suppose Monza has only 3-4 turns which can really pump up the tires, so it didn't work.
no, i was in a 911....i was apologising for ruining (taking out) the race of the AMG driver.

no, i was in a 911....i was apologising for ruining (taking out) the race of the AMG driver.

My bad, I miss read. Regardless, I think you needed to take Softs. It was 24 degrees and I also though I might be overheating tires, but turned out it was a perfect choice. I think in these 45 mins races, its not worth putting on Mediums for consistency, rather nurse Softs, if you have to.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back