AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 7th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So Denis has switched to rFactor2. I don't have that simulation. I have ACC but I'm not using is because I like the GT3 cars in AC better. But if Denis is organizing combo's that are similar to those on AC, I might join these events. @Denis Betty : I'd like to know if you will go on organizing these rFactor2 events at least this whole year. In that case I will consider purchasing rFactor2.
Steam Lunar Sale might start tomorrow. Maybe rF2 will be 50% off as usual then. For about 15€ it's really a no-brainer since you barely need any DLCs with Denis' events.

So Denis has switched to rFactor2. I don't have that simulation. I have ACC but I'm not using is because I like the GT3 cars in AC better. But if Denis is organizing combo's that are similar to those on AC, I might join these events. @Denis Betty : I'd like to know if you will go on organizing these rFactor2 events at least this whole year. In that case I will consider purchasing rFactor2.
yeah I race with @Denis Betty at historic. They are also a great bunch of guys and I am certain you would be most welcome :)

RF2 content is a mixed bag. A small amount of it is excellent and has the graphics to match AC. It's harder on the cpu than AC due to the track mesh details. Tracks take ages to load... The force feedback is fantastic as a result of the detail in the road surface. I found it easy to get used to the driving and can switch back and forth with AC no problem(unlike ACC... Can never tell if I'm turning too much or not enough, you would really wan't to stop AC and commit... Not sure its suited to the g29) The RF2 UI and HUD system and the interface in general is a dog.

I'm a very casual rf2 player. I'm sure it gets better and better as you really dig into it. I was only looking at some unofficial tracks this morning that look amazing. Most of the content is payware in the steam store. I've only time in my life for one sim! If I was going to pump 60 quid into a new sim i'd pick rf2 over ACC hands down.

2 cent

Last edited:
@640er

Your setup is very similar, I use a softer front with more camber and less ARB. That means it rides the kerbs a little bit better.
I run less ABS and more rear bias, I can stop that little bit better,
I use TC 1 you 2 for obvious reasons.
I use an asymmetrical setup like you, just not so much.
You run more rear camber than I do, I think your setup for the rear is more secure, mine shifts its posterior more under power.
Same lap times, if I drove your setup blind and mine would be a 100% happy with either, I could not tell the difference.
Never realised what a subtle technical track this is, always assumed it was a wamm bang track. :)

Very interesting to read. I never spend much time with setups. Usually I search for a fast laptime on Youtube and copy the setup adjust the tyre pressure and fuel load. Setting up a car is just too time consuming :/
----

I miss the Wednesday events also. GROUP CCCCCCCCCC when where :D (The idea of alternating hosts for Wednesday events sounds good. 4 hosts and everyone has it's own type of events. Maybe one for Group C races... GT2, vintage, crazy stuff, ...)

Very interesting to read. I never spend much time with setups. Usually I search for a fast laptime on Youtube and copy the setup adjust the tyre pressure and fuel load. Setting up a car is just too time consuming :/
----

I miss the Wednesday events also. GROUP CCCCCCCCCC when where :D (The idea of alternating hosts for Wednesday events sounds good. 4 hosts and everyone has it's own type of events. Maybe one for Group C races... GT2, vintage, crazy stuff, ...)
Is there some written guidance with checklist of what you must do to host an event? After reading that I might consider to be one of these Wednesday hosts. I'm a fan of Group C also especially on long tracks. I remember the race on the Feldbergring. Amazing! With 200+ through the forest. Long Tail Ernie (@Kek700 ) with a 30+ speed advantage on the straight but loosing it all elsewhere! So much fun!

I would love to see Group C events on the Deutschlandring, Nordschleife and of course Fonteny.

Last edited:
(The idea of alternating hosts for Wednesday events sounds good. 4 hosts and everyone has it's own type of events. Maybe one for Group C races... GT2, vintage, crazy stuff, ...)
Yeah the idea is multiple years old... "that's not RD" :)
Is there some written guidance with checklist of what you must do to host an event? After reading that I might consider to be one of these Wednesday hosts. I'm a fan of Group C also especially on long tracks. I remember the race on the Feldbergring. Amazing! With 200+ through the forest. Long Tail Ernie (@Kek700 ) with a 30+ speed advantage on the straight but loosing it all elsewhere! So much fun!
After you get in contact with Bram, he'll talk you through. And then you probably won't want to do it anymore, lol.

In the internal forums you'll find guidance threads, yep.

To make it short you basically create a template thread and copy it into thjs forum once a week, edit track, cars, links and clear the entry list.

Then you add the people to the list once per day and setup the server.
Setting it up takes between 2 minutes and an hour, depending on how good you are with computers.

I'm sure Chris has some scripts to make his life easier.

Reports are sent to you so you'll sometimes have to calm people down in PMs or the threads and discuss reports in the internal forum.

Last edited:
RF2 content is a mixed bag. A small amount of it is excellent and has the graphics to match AC. It's harder on the cpu than AC due to the track mesh details. Tracks take ages to load... The force feedback is fantastic as a result of the detail in the road surface. I found it easy to get used to the driving and can switch back and forth with AC no problem(unlike ACC... Can never tell if I'm turning too much or not enough, you would really wan't to stop AC and commit... Not sure its suited to the g29) The RF2 UI and HUD system and the interface in general is a dog.

I'm a very casual rf2 player. I'm sure it gets better and better as you really dig into it. I was only looking at some unofficial tracks this morning that look amazing. Most of the content is payware in the steam store. I've only time in my life for one sim! If I was going to pump 60 quid into a new sim i'd pick rf2 over ACC hands down.

2 cent
I agree when you say it is a mixed bag - I love AC and I think it is an all time classic title, great ffb, beautiful proportion and graphics, superb immersion, killer mods, great training facilities and I know where I am at any moment; whose fault it is (car or me). The AC machines build up grip in a tyre in a less detailed, but more realistic way and they feel very accurate in their response to temperature and tyre wear.

By contrast, I go faster in rF2 when the ffb is turned off (g25) and the tyres are flat ... :D so it really does depend on individual feel. I bought rF2 to first thinking it was the be all and end all of racing sims and but then found myself amazed in AC.

The best thing perhaps is the people you get to know and make friends with (and the laughs we share together), the rest is just steering input - so do give it a try at rF2 historic.

Last edited:
That's a no?
That's an I tried to convince multiple people to go for it but they decided that it would be better to have no events then... So I stopped hosting as I couldn't be there every single week.
My emojie was very passive aggressive :rolleyes: :whistling:

Sorry, you couldn't know it. I'm still a bit mad about all this... John stopping to host triggered me again

Last edited:
I'd like to know if you will go on organizing these rFactor2 events at least this whole year. In that case I will consider purchasing rFactor2.
Hi Han and hi to everybody here in the AC club.

Firstly, thank you all for your kind words. :thumbsup: Secondly, sorry to Chris for the OT/thread hijack. :redface:

Han I have been running historic events in rF2 and before that in rF1 for a few years now and I don't see me stopping any time soon. Like any sim, it'll take you a little time to find your way around rF2 and a fair bit of reading around and fiddling to get it running right on your system. For most people with a single 16:9 monitor I'd say that it should run fine. If you wanna push more pixels than that, you will need a little more than a potato, although I run 1080 triples on a gtx 1080 and i7 4790k with no problems in dry/daytime races. Wait for a sale and buy it half price, but I wouldn't expect to try for 2 hours and refund as you'd be really pushed to get it set up nicely in that time IMO.

I would love to continue running historic events in AC, but it would have to be done on s.gp nowadays. For me personally, I didn't find that s.gp ticked all the boxes for me to be happy hosting. I like racing on the platform, but for me it doesn't lend itself to building and maintaining a community of racers who enjoy the social aspect of club racing. I tried it and didn't really enjoy hosting on s.gp.

If some of you guys decide to get together and run some events, please count me in (edit: For the racing but not the organising I mean). And if I can help with advice or something just ask, because I'd love to see the club restarted. Many of you guys have been around since Craig was running the club and I really felt it was a massive shame to let it slip away. :(

Last edited:
Hi Han and hi to everybody here in the AC club.

Firstly, thank you all for your kind words. :thumbsup: Secondly, sorry to Chris for the OT/thread hijack. :redface:

Han I have been running historic events in rF2 and before that in rF1 for a few years now and I don't see me stopping any time soon. Like any sim, it'll take you a little time to find your way around rF2 and a fair bit of reading around and fiddling to get it running right on your system. For most people with a single 16:9 monitor I'd say that it should run fine. If you wanna push more pixels than that, you will need a little more than a potato, although I run 1080 triples on a gtx 1080 and i7 4690k with no problems in dry/daytime races. Wait for a sale and but it half price, but I wouldn't expect to try for 2 hours and refund as you'd be really pushed to get it set up nicely in that time IMO.

I would love to continue running historic events in AC, but it would have to be done on s.gp nowadays. For me personally, I didn't find that s.gp ticked all the boxes for me to be happy hosting. I like racing on thee platform, but for me it doesn't lend itself to building and maintaining a community of racers who enjoy the social aspect of club racing. I tried it and didn't really enjoy hosting on s.gp.

If some of you guys decide to get together and run some events, please count me in. And if I can help with advice or something just ask, because I'd love to see the club restarted. Many of you guys have been around since Craig was running the club and I really felt it was a massive shame to let it slip away. :(

Hi Lads. I said i would follow up on this about a month ago and I did. I've been in touch with @Bram Hengeveld about restarting wednesday nights in AC and it is in the works. Hopefully the usual heads, along with some of the new guys, will be back in the same numbers when it resumes. I can understand peoples want for something to do during the week, as I'm in the exact same boat!

I'd be delighted for senior :whistling: members to get more involved with running events. I havn't really seen much direct communication about this until now so I'll have to look into it further to see what the story is with it..

Last edited:
That's an I tried to convince multiple people to go for it but they decided that it would be better to have no events then... So I stopped hosting as I couldn't be there every single week.
My emojie was very passive aggressive :rolleyes: :whistling:

Sorry, you couldn't know it. I'm still a bit mad about all this... John stopping to host triggered me again

ah ok I thought it was unwanted from RD side that a club is run by more than one host.

Hi Lads. I said i would follow up on this about a month ago and I did. I've been in touch with @Bram Hengeveld about restarting wednesday nights in AC and it is in the works. Hopefully the usual heads, along with some of the new guys, will be back in the same numbers when it resumes. I can understand peoples want for something to do during the week, as I'm in the exact same boat!

I'd be delighted for senior :whistling: members to get more involved with running events. I havn't really seen much direct communication about this until now so I'll have to look into it further to see what the story is with it..

that sounds great. Basically I could imagine to help out organising a Group C race every 4 weeks. Monday and Wednesday events were always great fun. Too bad lots of the new guys never had the chance of taking part

ah ok I thought it was unwanted from RD side that a club is run by more than one host.

that sounds great. Basically I could imagine to help out organising a Group C race every 4 weeks. Monday and Wednesday events were always great fun. Too bad lots of the new guys never had the chance of taking part
That's what I meant. "Multiple people" = Staffs that were "above me". Wasn't very clear, sorry. I wanted to tell it "through the flower" :whistling:

I think it would still be a good idea since way more people would be up for that (me included).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back