AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 23rd August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, obviously I'm a bit upset that I was robbed of the chance to try and get the win back from @Aksu by contact during blue flag, but still a good race from my perspective. Didn't make any mistakes, pace was good, and I think I more or less tamed the SCG. Also a great battle with Aki :)

Congrats @Aksu on the win, take care of my darling 650s :D
Hope that wasn’t me that made contact on the blue. Did my best to give way to the leaders. Sorry if it was. First time for me and thought I raced fairly clean with few off track moments. That was really fun. Thx

Monza is always a great track! That went well for me, P4. The race itself was little bit boring, I drove mostly by myself. It was first time I went with one set of tyres and full tank and I think it wasn’t the best choice. I didn’t have time to test it out which would have been better, but decided to try it out. Well the result was still good!
I was hoping to catch @640er after pitstop, but you were so fast that there was no chance :D Nice driving mate!

And congrats @Aksu for the win!! Although we are mad at you in nismo racing team for abandoning us:devilish::roflmao:

thanks for an exciting race guys! I realized afterward that someone had mentioned to me via TS that my mic was super loud....apologies!

I was wondering if there is a recording/replay of some sort where we can review the race? In hindsight i should probably have recorded the replay but i didn't...not a big deal, but I just wanted to review the incidents I had and see where I can do better. Cheers!

Hi,

I saved the replay and uploaded it to my amazon cloud drive so if you like feel free to download it there.

Here is the link:

Thanks for hosting and organize the event!!!

Keep on racing........

Well, I cocked up my own race by setting the "Use mouse pit stop" option by mistake while trying to fix stuff for the triple screen setup. Once I stopped for my pit the screen popped up and I had to go through the lengthy process of setting fuel and tyres again. A self inflicted 10 seconds stop and go, basically :(

I pitted in P3 (virtually P5) while less than 2 seconds behind Miika in P3, got out down behind four more guys (P7 without the yet-to-pits). Glad I could get back to P6 at least, which is still a best ever result for me, but ugh... who knows what could have been. Probably wouldn't have caught Miika but you never know. Also I finally got my 1:48:x which is nice.

Congrats to the podiums, and especially to @640er - and shame you had to retire @Spilskinanka, those first ten minutes were so much fun, lost count of how many times we traded places.

Really enjoyed that race, thought i might even be on for my first top 10 was in 8th with not long to go but ended up tapping the back of @neesve so sorry about the contact just misjudged the braking point :( it wasn't revenge for the earlier contact promise :) was really enjoying the battle with you and @FischBoB
Still one of my favourite races on AC, haven't played it for nearly a month

Thanks for organising the event @Chris Down
All good men! I know it wasn’t revenge. Sorry from me to, guy is front of you slowed down a lot i think, didn’t see that! Just unfortunate we couldn’t battle for longer, really enjoyed that. Hope we can battle for longer next time! All with all, i really enjoyed the race. Thanks men.

Hi,

I saved the replay and uploaded it to my amazon cloud drive so if you like feel free to download it there.

Here is the link:

Thanks for hosting and organize the event!!!

Keep on racing........

Wow great thanks for that, I will definitely be looking at it tomorrow.

Probably the first race I've ever done that's more than 30 mins, and especially with a pit stop...totally threw me off as I have no idea about strategy. Had to figure out how to edit the strategies with the dpad buttons down the back straights...thought I nailed it the first time...NOT!! Haha ended up having to pit yet again with just 1 min left on the pit window to refuel.

Had some good laps with @Partick Eaton , fun race!

hi
what a race. First time qulifying time under 1:50 on P11. Start was ok and than in the first corner connection lossed. Rejoin and forgot to load the setup. Next Pit Stop to load the setup. Than a normal race and ending at P19. What a **** :)
But i hope we come back to Monza and i can make a normal race.
hape

Thanks @Chris as always and congrats to you and @Aksu :thumbsup:

Had a decent qualy and could set a new PB. Only 0.5 left to hit the 47s :D Start was mediocre, felt fairly slow but could hold my position and followed the mighty SCG train (@pattikins and Chris) for a bit. Unfortunately Patrick spun and it was only me chasing Chris. To my surprise I was able to keep up and always stay in his mirror but when I realized that he was running on Meds and obviously going for the 1L strategy, I decided to ease a bit off as I had no chance in gaining enough time to go for P2. Instead I tried to keep the gap behind to @Norkin and secure the podium. In the end it worked out but that also meant it was a kinda boring race without any racing action.

@erazerr7 don' worry, your absence is my chance for a podium :roflmao: :p

@thom462

Thought i would first look at your replay and my replay....:unsure:

Some what sorry Thomas about the accident on about lap 4. not really my fault, certainly not yours.
Someone exiting from the pits at the worse moment possible started to pull into the race line.
My replay shows it, your does not seem to. I record at a higher resolution than your replay does.
It certainly caused you a lot more grief than me, luckily for me after waiting for Andreas and matt to overtake I was no worse off.
:(

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Next week we're at another classic: Spa. Come join us for 60 minutes of racing action! :inlove:

@thom462

Thought i would first look at your replay and my replay....:unsure:

Some what sorry Thomas about the accident on about lap 4. not really my fault, certainly not yours.
Someone exiting from the pits at the worse moment possible started to pull into the race line.
My replay shows it, your does not seem to. I record at a higher resolution than your replay does.
It certainly caused you a lot more grief than me, luckily for me after waiting for Andreas and matt to overtake I was no worse off.
:(

No problem Ernie. I watched the replay on my PC and I can see the incident with all involved. It was bad luck and not your fault. As you said someone came out of the pits and he stayed between White lines but you had to pull to the left to avoid hitting him because three cars on that spot gets really narrow.

Cu next time, new race new luck.

Wasn't a great race for me. I'm just couldn't put a lap together in quali like I had in practice. So started around 10.
Got turned round in the first corner AGAIN same a last time at Monza.
Then had an off with Ice Ice Baby :) comming on to the pit straight.

But I enjoyed it all the same and managed 7th from 22nd which I was happy enough about.

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Next week we're at another classic: Spa. Come join us for 60 minutes of racing action! :inlove:

Damn! I hate to miss Spa! (Especially with all that extra rubber from the F1 event :p )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back