AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 22nd November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
so not good at all. the fastest driver is after 15 mins -> 15 secs in front of the second :laugh:
another driver who want to lap me, shooting me out... (sure a misunderstanding) - but even not the best
i had a jump start myself and thus a drive-through penalty. so I had done my pit stop and wanted to get back into the race ... unfortunately not with luck..
hope for better times and more respect for slower driver ;)

Last edited:
Great race everyone! Was feeling pretty good today, beat my old PB from last time we were here, albeit not as fast as in the mighty SCG for one lap :)

Tyres were really sketchy towards the end, but the soft + soft mostly worked out pretty good. Pace was not that consistent, but it was still okay in the end.

Looks like there were some great battles as I was coming through, hope you folks enjoyed yourselves! Looking forward to racing with you again next week :inlove:

And congrats to podum @Raresch and @pattikins, and a great recovery drive from @GEO147 after the T1 madness :thumbsup:

Great race. Didn't have time to practise so I decided to start at the back which was good because I could avoid the mess in T1 and Parabolica in the first lap. Had some nice battles on the way to 6th position. If you have the replay than you should watch the battle of @pattikins and @Raresch in the first laps. Great racing both!! :thumbsup:

And of course: thanks for organising, Chris.

Pretty good race. Did my quali with a new record time for me and started at Pos 5. In the first turn I got hit on the right, left and back. So basically I was straight again after the corner :D I just saw @GEO147 flying by in that corner. Saw the battle for second and third place for a couple of rounds, but in the end just coulndt match the pace. From that on forward, I had a pretty lonely race with a very comfortable room in front and back. After pit, I was fith but coulnd manage to get back to forth place quite soon. So mostly a clean race, with just one ore two smaller mistakes. See you all next week.

Btw here are the results if interested: https://simresults.net/201122-3zq

And congrats to podum @Raresch and @pattikins
Thanks. I shall take the time to enjoy it, because without Madallena, John Power, JoelK, Rasmus, Reik Major, Sheashant L I can finally take some podiums :))
Congrats @Chris Down, I still don't know how you do it. In Quali I was at some point -0.25s on delta but was so much on the limit that I've just lost in Lesmo 1. Still, don't know if I could have kept it going for the whole lap. I needed -0.4s for pole. And still, you have that consistently, that's the main :alien: power.

@pattikins Nice driving mate for the first laps. That SCG is so good on the brakes. Or maybe the Lambo si bad :) And for the whole race, I was watching your times to see the difference from mine :) After the pits, you were gained 2.5s and started to feel some pressure. But I kept it clean :D

I don't drive the Lambo so often but what I've learned today:
-It's very good at top speed.
-It's good at accelerating, but not from 0. It's very slow from the box.
-It's good to follow someone in the slipstream, but not in corners.
-It does rotate around itself, maybe sometimes too much, but it's easy to catch, easier than my usual R8.
-It likes curbs to a certain point.
-The brakes are not that good (maybe because you are faster than everyone else, you need to brake harder and sooner? :)
-It likes to rev it up.
-You have to be careful with acceleration, but still quite forgiving when you floor it after the initial 25%.

I didn't use @Reik Major setup. For me, it was rotating way too much. I used something older that I had from the Setup Market and adjusted it slighly. Here it is, if someone wants to try it at Monza.

Attachments

• 00_SM_practice_coast60.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 00_SM_practice_coast60.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 51
Last edited:
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_monza_23-10-120-0-8-51.jpg

@GEO147 and @thom462 wanted to do a picnic :roflmao::roflmao: SO they took a shorter route :D

Still, I would like to thank @GEO147 @Kek700 @Chris Down @Medilloni @HF2000 @JoelK @RasmusP @Craig Dunkley @Denis Betty for responding to so many questions I've had over the last almost 2 years since I've started and joined RD. It's the first community I've ever joined and the place where I've raced and learned the most. Thank you guys, I would have not taken today 2nd place without your help.

And for all who are still struggling, practice is part of the key and if you enjoy racing I am sure everyone will help you be faster.

Was a stressful start but then I just accepted that I could only fight for the best position I could get. Had some great battles but knew Han and Ernie would be tough. The acceleration of the Lambo made for some interesting situations. Good defending Ernie :thumbsup:
I have terrible luck at this track but I still managed to have fun anyway and that's what matters most in this hobby ;). Well done to Chris, Patrick and Rares.

Here is the replay for anyone who wants to see what not to do!

Great race, everyone! The carnage into turn one was lovely. ;)

Got into a nice groove early and had a fun game of defense against @Shakunee for a few laps. That AMG as a speck once you got past though...no chance for me. Hope I didn't mess you up too much @Partick Eaton on the start/finish, I ran out of fuel...:redface: Sorry for what I'm sure looked like complete lunacy.

Thanks again Chris for hosting and hope to see you all next Sunday! :D

To whoever asked about Crew Chief before the race... HERE is what I found on the subject. Hope it helps!

Was a stressful start but then I just accepted that I could only fight for the best position I could get. Had some great battles but knew Han and Ernie would be tough. The acceleration of the Lambo made for some interesting situations. Good defending Ernie :thumbsup:
I have terrible luck at this track but I still managed to have fun anyway and that's what matters most in this hobby ;). Well done to Chris, Patrick and Rares.

Here is the replay for anyone who wants to see what not to do!

Wait. You can put crew chief to tell you the temperature? :O I always check it manually :))

What software do you record with Chris?
I want to know this too. And what do you use, George?

Last edited:
I have a question for you all, because you might know it.
I would like to upgrade my G29 witch brakes apart (even if it barely has 2 years) and I am torn between Thrustmaster TS-PC (Ferrari edition) + T-LCM or Fanatec CSL Elite V1.1 + CSL Elite pedals LC. I don't have a rig, I only have a desk, a wooden chair and a wooden box where I mount the pedals with screws.

The price:
TS-PC Ferrari edition - 532€
T-LCM - 198€
Total: 730€

Fanatec V1.1 base 300€
P1 rim 155€
CSL LC - 200€
655€ (there is an offer now where you don't pay VAT - don't know for how long) + 45€ transport = 700€.

What I know about those:
-Fanatec LC is not that great, because the load cell is in the mobile part of the brake pedal, so it measures the angle it travels, and if you press somehow differently, if you raise your foot in any other way than you've set it, the brake power is not the same. Is this true?
-Fanatec pots are still susceptible to spikes over time. Damaged pots are one of the main reasons I dislike the G29 and one of the factors for wanting a change. T-LCM have HALL sensors.
-Thrustmaster TS_PC is a weaker wheel, getting out less torque. Not significant, thou. Also, some say it has an elastic feeling, but that should be true for Fanatec as well, being a belt driven wheel.
-Fanatec RIM and wheelbase are more useful, having the LED's on the wheelbase and the display on the rim.
-Ferrari edition for the TS_PC looks better, in my opinion, than the P1 rim from Fanatec and at least has LED lights (if you compare it with other TH variants).

What do you think? Which is a better combination?

so not good at all. the fastest driver is after 15 mins -> 15 secs in front of the second :laugh:
another driver who want to lap me, shooting me out... (sure a misunderstanding) - but even not the best
i had a jump start myself and thus a drive-through penalty. so I had done my pit stop and wanted to get back into the race ... unfortunately not with luck..
hope for better times and more respect for slower driver ;)

That was me. I did apologise on teamspeak, but I'm never sure if anyone can hear me. That said, I've had another look @ the replay & I don't think there is anything I could've done differently. I right foot brake, so I'm always off the throttle early. PM me if you want to discuss it any further.
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2020.11.22 - 23.32.20.65.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back