AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 12th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@pattikins
Hi Patrick,

I tried to PM you but somehow I can't select you as a recipient. Anyway, that's why I post here.

I watched the replay and our incident in Secunda Variante in the last lap was my totally my fault.
My apologies for that. It was very decent of you to wait for me although you were not to blame.
I enjoyed our battle as long as it lasted but you deserved to finish 6th.

Kind regards,

Han

Last edited:
Yes it is a new learning experience. Like why did i think everybody would be on Mediums? Could not see softs lasting 30mins of hard fast cornering, especially the left hand rear. Yet most of the field used soft. I was two seconds a lap faster on soft....Damn. Lesson learned? No, i will probably be on liquid rubber if i use soft in future :confused:

Yes it is a new learning experience. Like why did i think everybody would be on Mediums? Could not see softs lasting 30mins of hard fast cornering, especially the left hand rear. Yet most of the field used soft. I was two seconds a lap faster on soft....Damn. Lesson learned? No, i will probably be on liquid rubber if i use soft in future :confused:
Hi Steve,

2 seconds is a lot. I drove the R8 for a couple of month but the mediums should be 0.6 - 0.8s slower. Maybe change the setup a little for using other tyres.

Depends on the track. Monza runs the tyres colder than anywhere else so mediums stay blue and have poor grip. They are a good tyre at silverstone or somewhere with lots of high load corners.

Liquid rubber will definitely be the case for some tracks! :roflmao:
In AC, it's always best to go for the softest tyre that won't overheat.
The wear is one thing but getting the temperature right is way more important!

Quite often, the softs will simply overheat after a few laps and especially with more fuel than for a few qualy laps!
But at monza they have enough time to cool down after the corners so it's mostly fine.

The mediums would probably start to be better during the last 10 minutes of the race if you don't change tyres.
But the 50 minutes before, the softs would be faster.

So in the future just try softs and see if they overheat or not.
If not, use them :)

I watched the replay and our incident in Variante Alte in the last lap was my totally my fault.
Must have been racing at Imola then :D

Depends on the track. Monza runs the tyres colder than anywhere else so mediums stay blue and have poor grip. They are a good tyre at silverstone or somewhere with lots of high load corners.
This. I once had to drive there on mediums (SRS race with 170% tire wear, so softs in the Audi would've been sketchy with just one stop) and my laptimes were a whole second slower, which is a lot for a track with not so many corners.

In AC, it's always best to go for the softest tyre that won't overheat.
The wear is one thing but getting the temperature right is way more important!
For sprint races with normal tire wear settings. Long races (two hours plus) are a different story. No GT3 car (except the GT-R on certain tracks) can do one hour long stints on softs, so you have to calculate if going with softs will outweigh the time lost for doing one or two extra stops.

I had a nightmare. I'm having some issues with setups in Content Manager. When I save a setup it doesn't change unless I quit and re-enter. Also it mixed them up and I deleted my normal Monza setup accidentally.

Had a bad start then couldn't believe it as every car just went straight past me leaving me for dead.

Just managed to avoid contact in lap one with what I thought to be a lot of very aggressive racing. Especially from some in cars that can easily pass on the straights.

But in the end after being passed by about 7 cars like I was standing still I decided to call it quits after a big spin leaving me down in 14th with yet again more cars flying past. Very frustrating.

If anyone has experienced the setup saving bug and has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Cheers guys and thanks for organising @Interslice

I had a nightmare. I'm having some issues with setups in Content Manager. When I save a setup it doesn't change unless I quit and re-enter. Also it mixed them up and I deleted my normal Monza setup accidentally.
I think this is a CSP issue. I used to have something like that with a saved setup not properly loading afterwards, but I think after I disabled this setting it's gone
1631546793736.png

I think i was probably not adjusting for the 1.7x wear that i normally find in hour long races. Not only that, i pumped them up a bit so they would run cooler as well :roflmao: . Great for fuel though, did the whole race on 100 ltrs and had loads left
I'll quote myself for the "pump 'em up" :p
btw, you somehow put your "online name" in "quotation marks", so we all see your driver name with.. well... "quotation marks" :roflmao: :roflmao:
For ac, always go for optimum pressure!
There are different curves that take different things into the equation and give a grip multiplier as the result.

When you overlay those curves and weight them for their importance, steepness etc,
The pressure-grip-curve is almost always the most important.

Meaning dead cold tyres at optimum psi gives more grip than a bit cold tyres with far too low psi.

The issue here is that tyre model works pretty well and the curved on their own are accurate enough for most people but the influencing between the different factors isn't that great.

So lowering psi basically just lowers your grip but barely makes the tyres become warmer.

Same for camber. Optimum camber is way more important than "having 10 degree difference between inner and outer temperature".

Basically, you run optimum camber, optimum psi and then choose the tyre set that doesn't make you spin due to overheating.
A bit of red here and there can be better than too cold tyres.

For ACC:
Things are a lot different in ACC. Kunos really changed the importance of the different factors. You now really have inner, mid, outer tyre sections, a 5 point contact patch simulation instead of 1 point, pressure gets lowered if you hit kerbs (especially sausage kerbs) too heavily etc etc.

Not comparable at all imo!

I like that about AC though. Makes life simple. Just download camber extravaganza and use that to dial in your optimum camber during cornering (just above the line in the graphs during peak lateral G).
For PSI I'm using Sidekick, which shows you directly the delta to optimum psi.

Thanks to everyone who togged out last night :thumbsup: Next week's event is up. Would be great to see you all there :)

If anyone has experienced the setup saving bug and has any advice I would really appreciate it.
Hi George
I had a similar problem a few weeks back, it would use default set ups even though I selected the saved set up.

Reverted back to CSP version 1.73 and it seems to be OK now. Looks like 1.75 has a new feature that is causing the problem.

Very Possible Brian, I did look at the other McLarens, if what I saw was true it would not have been easy to spot.
We await a response from George.. :unsure:

Speaking of wing..

Nice read here from red bull on the aero buzz. Anyone who raced here and zaandvort can probably now relate somewhat :geek:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing