AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 12th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@RasmusP

What files do you need from ACTI to be able to analyze?
This depends. In theory just the ld file but if you opened the ld file once with your motec, I also need the newly created ldx file to see laps instead of data pudding :p

One ld (&ldx) file contains one stint. So mostly outlap, hotlaps, inlap. When entering the pits, the stint gets paused.
The moment you leave the pits or teleport into the pits, the stint gets written on the hard drive.

They are located in documents/acti/telem

Last edited:
I'd suggest to try my brands hatch and the Silverstone setup around monza.
They are basically just Phil's mugello setup with a few adjustments to be able to really push around the 2 other tracks.

Way too much downforce for monza, but maybe still a good drive? :)
Gave these a try and while I did like the downforce I was having troubles with braking points and turn in. I see you run mediums and this may be the culprit for me as I typically run softs. I'll have to tinker with some of the finer points of the setups but overall I really enjoyed the difference and, yes, it was still a good drive. :)

hi folks
it could be that i'm tomorrow not on the race because of a friend which invited us for tomorrow but its not clear on which time we get back at home. For now there are 9 cars free for this event. So it could be that i'm not on the race. If this is ok i would look if ican make it. If its not ok @Interslice leave me a message and i will kill my entry tomorrow morning
hape

No worries. Stay signed in until you know for sure. Doubt it will be a full grid.

When looking at the results of our events, the finish order is almost the same as when you'd sort it for consistency.

I also usually have a free track during qualy without single shot qualy. Just let people by until you see a big gap behind you in the realtime app and you should be free for your hotlap.
Thats a observation about consistency. Ive been trying to focus more on the basics, opting to go a bit slower while practicing the fundamentals. Im sure this will lead to more consistent laptimes.

i often wait till the leader is halfway around the track to start my qualifying lap. That way im likely to be alone and wont be in the way of faster drivers.

The reason Chris, I think quite rightly advises the one car approach is due to less complex learning curve; you certainly do not want to burden yourself with having to rethink other very similar but very different cars in the same class.
I am at the stage were I know why the Enzo’s of this world are faster and can easily explain it to myself and hence see it in action.:unsure:
When you are starting out, this and this alone becomes an overriding and inescapable dilemma that all are constantly battling with in our heads.
This is by far one of the biggest barriers to going fast, you are constantly looking north when the answer is south. ( so to speak )
Are you saying stick with a car and work on skills instead of frequently switching cars in an attempt to go faster? Is this what the north/ south dilemma?

Are you saying stick with a car and work on skills instead of frequently switching cars in an attempt to go faster? Is this what the north/ south dilemma?
In real life you wouldn't just jump into a GT3 as a starter car. These are very fast difficult machines and drivers take years to work up to a car of this complexity.

I have more success being on the pace in the Wednesday multi class races because the TT car is less difficult to drive and I can focus on learning track and not worry so much about setup.

I stick with the GT-R for the GT3 races as it seems a bit more forgiving and predictable. It's probably not the best for all tracks but it does mean I don't have to try and learn a new car. I've far from learnt the GT-R but I can at least start to try a few more setup options.

As a fellow newbie I'd suggest you stick with one car and try and get the best out of that and work on a consistent lap time.

Looking like a good sized grid today so we should all find someone to race with. At the end of the day we all love a good wheel to wheel dice with someone close to our own pace :)

Last edited:

What I was, not very well trying to say, the car is not that important, certain cars are much better for starting out, the Z4 is a good example. ( but it really does not matter )

Not to look for some sort of miracle answer , it really is massively in the favor of your driving skills, not in the car, not in setup, it is in you. North is always looking in the wrong direction.

Put you efforts into getting yourself correct instead wasting efforts of looking everywhere but at your ability to make whatever GT3 car you choose to go as quickly as you can. South.

I picked the Nissan, easy to drive, got one setup, kept it for a couple of years, concentrated on learning how to drive fast. Only looking South.

Observing everybody , everyone does something very well, I learnt from Aliens , people same as me , faster, slower, everyone helps you if you look or ask.

I seem to be under the strange illusion that I do quite well for an Arthritic old git, never been anywhere as fast as most, I do mean most, I generally did not waste effort in looking North, just totally concentrated on getting a 100% from my, at best, mediocre abilities. South

As I said before if you get a 100% from yourself, then that is every bit an equal of a champion.

Probably another bad attempt on explaining how to get competitive at this malarkey.:rolleyes:

I was going to delete that post as I thought as it was rather a spur of the moment , not very well thought out Pointless waffle.
Looks though I was right.

Partially. Each car is so different. While a good driver is fast in anything, sticking with one car let's you learn that car's quirks, and how to set it up properly for you. I'm much more comfortable driving the AMG than I was when I started - though I'm not much faster unfortunately :( - I'm also more comfortable in everything else. I believe my car control has improved a lot, but not my pace. That doesn't mean it's wrong. Then again this is a game, and you can do what you want.

Are you saying stick with a car and work on skills instead of frequently switching cars in an attempt to go faster?
To derail this thread a little further:
From my experience
(29 years old, tried to get good at kitesurfing (17-today), guitar (12-today) and online gaming (15-27) and now online racing (26-today))
Getting better at something is a mix of a steady increment and steps+plateaus.
Steps feel awesome, plateaus are frustrating.
The steady increment comes from simply doing and enjoying it.

The most efficient way is to make the steady increment as steep as possible without losing the fun. Watching your replays, writing down notes, being concentrated while driving etc. But if you try too hard, you won't enjoy the pure drive anymore.

Plateaus are tricky.. The longer you stay on one, the more confident you become with exactly that situation, which can be a good thing but isn't really getting you faster.

So the moment the plateau is frustrating you, you need to know how to overcome them.

For me, there are mainly these 2 ways of forcing a step up:

- investing "no fun" time into the current situation and getting better at what you're currently doing:
That would be asking a faster driver for replay/telemetry/ghostcar file etc and then trying to replicate it corner by corner and getting faster.
That's definitely not for everyone... I like to do that every now and then and I think it can be a very rewarding way when you see the delta dropping!
But it's mainly brain work...

- changing perspective to simply get fresh inputs that complete your overall skillset a bit more:
Changing the gt3 car is one thing. Changing the car class is better. Changing the sim is probably the most efficient!
I've done some races in raceroom and automobilista but to get me faster in AC, rfactor 2 gt3's were the best.
They drive very similar but yet completely different! You feel a lot of different things that you'd never feel in AC.

However when you go back to AC, you suddenly feel the same things, which instantly make you just better overall.

ACC can help too but it's quite complicated and rather dull, instead of "overly telling" like rf2.
To give it some analogies:
- AC feels like a car feels but sometimes you lose control without really knowing why.

- Rf2 feels like driving a sponge with lots of feedback. You feel the brake in the steering, you can drift on the throttle but overall it's kinda mushy and everything feels exaggerated.

- ACC feels like a rigid brick. For me the cars feel like a stiff as heck gt3 car should feel.
But it's lacking the clear feedback.
The traction control and the aero changing during load changes are unique in acc imo.
It's a good experience to change perspective though!

Sorry for the long waffle, maybe it helps a few to find a way to push to the next skill step.

Btw, I'm happily plateau'ing since more than a year. Depending on the practice and how much I've already driven at a certain track and with the car, I can fight for the podium or just cruise safely with no pressure at the back - to midfield and enjoy some battles :)
In real life you wouldn't just jump into a GT3 as a starter car. These are very fast difficult machines and drivers take years to work up to a car of this complexity.
It's true that you wouldn't just jump into a gt3 car but it's not true that they are difficult :p
Gt3 cars are difficult to drive at top level pace but to just "do some casual laps", they are probably the easiest cars out there with the similarities to road cars, abs & tc and massive amounts of grip without too much ground effect that would feel weird and uncomfortable at first.

Sadly AC doesn't really delivers this.. Taking the lambo for example:
You can drive slowly and on cold tyres, you can spin when taking the second lesmo a bit wrong even at half the normal speed and just wouldn't know why you lost control...

This goes together with my stories about ACC and rf2 above.
In these 2 sims, driving slowly is the easiest thing in the world. I've never spun in either sim without pushing massively beyond the limit!
Going back to AC, I've spun while trailbraking into T1..

But I just love AC for not being overly complex, pleasant visuals, awesome community and having the best races with you all! :)

Last edited:
That was quite a race!
Only managed to join the server with 14 minutes of qualy left, pedals weren't tightly connected so I had to rejoin etc. had 3 laps to go...
Forgot to shift into 1st when the lights went on so after even lifting my foot from the clutch, I just stood there...
Shifted up into 1st, forgot to press the clutch again... Yeah, awesome start for me :roflmao: :roflmao:

Then I had some nice battle with Han and a short one with Thomas (sorry for making you spin, I'll have a look at the replay! Thanks for telling me to continue! :inlove:).
Then another battle with Han and before Ernie could join in, he decided to not risk too much and kinda let me past.. What was that Han? :cautious::barefoot:

Ernie caught up right before the pitstops. I decided to keep my softs since my deltas looked fine but oh boy...
After my bad start, I came into the pits about 20cm too far, had to go into reverse... Put in just enough fuel and came out of the pits clearly in front of Ernie.

Of course I missed T1 right after leaving the pits and overtook Stefan, lol.
I drove a bit slower to make the gap about what it was when leaving the pits and tried to get him. But no chance at all...
Ernie got closer and closer and I really thought he would catch up but I just managed to get some good laps in an stayed in front.

A little crazy moment at the exit of the second lesmo with two blue flaggers almost lost me the place to Ernie but while I managed to slip through unharmed, he lost even more time than me.

@Kek700 I don't think you would've been able to go for an overtake before the finish line without that situation though :p

lol.JPG

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back