AC GT3 @ Monza - Saturday January 2nd 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for a great race all. :thumbsup:
And congrats to @Tomi , well deserved :)

And for the not so good part, so we found each other again @Geof :confused:
I don't know exactly how it happened, but my helicorsa was showing you're clearly behind me, decided to leave some space anyhow, but what was your point of view? Anyways, sorry if I did cut you off :notworthy:

Had a strange fault in ts also. The sound was all scrambled while driving, so I wasn't able to hear anything you said during race. Have to try figure out whats causing it. This was first race with new PC so there seems to be few hickups :mad:
Luckily the lag is gone and getting solid fps now :)

See you in next :thumbsup:

Nice first race of the year!

I knew from the beginning that I couldn't hold my place on the grid with the medium tyres, in the end, I'm pretty lucky to be on the podium.
I tried to make some hard braking out of my line, but I did always finished in somebody else... @Rami, @SakL :whistling:. My bad, nasty lambo. :cautious:

So I had a lot of fun, I hope you feel the same.
Thx all of you.
See you next.

@Leif Jensen if you are 4sec slower per lap and race leader is already passed you, then you really shouldn't do any crazy dives and take your place back:confused:. And what was behind that parking episode in the midle of the track. I had nobody in sight when I was coming through first chicane and suddenly there is car parked right in front of me:confused::mad: Dude, seriously?

Otherwise, great race as always here at RD:thumbsup:

Great first race of the year like @Geof said. Nice to see a full grid, the formation lap worked amazing at the front, I think we should employ it more often.

I had some good practice with the GTR these past few days, in the end figuring out that the new patch had decreased the GT3 car pace overall. I made some last minute setup changes and increased the toe at the rear to .15 or there about and it made a small but noticeable difference in stability.

Qually was tight, I decided I'd pit during the race and got the pit app after qually had started. Came in with 5 mins to go and fired off two hot laps. First one I shanked and the second landed me behind Geof in his Huracan.

At the start Geoff got away nicely, but I was able to keep pace and on the big braking zones the GTR really helped me make up time. The rest of the race was nice, had some close calls as per below, and overall really fun.

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_monza_2-1-116-16-53-8.jpg
Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_monza_2-1-116-16-47-46.jpg

@Leif Jensen if you are 4sec slower per lap and race leader is already passed you, then you really shouldn't do any crazy dives and take your place back:confused:. And what was behind that parking episode in the midle of the track. I had nobody in sight when I was coming through first chicane and suddenly there is car parked right in front of me:confused::mad: Dude, seriously?

Otherwise, great race as always here at RD:thumbsup:

Sorry for the "parking" - no good excuse availible... This was my first "real" race, and I'll do better next time...

I had a great battle with @led00m throughout the race, we traded places lap after lap. I had the speed through the lesmos but the Huracan would beat me down the straight every time.

I had practiced for this race over the past 2 days but the online practice season went terribly for me, I couldn't get the car through della roggia without spinning, the car just didn't feel like it did offline at all. That terrible practice season came back to haunt me during the race when I realised I didn't put enough fuel in and had to pit.

That was my first time driving the Audi, don't think I'll be driving it again. It has good traction out of the corners but other than that I just found it pretty frustrating.

Sorry for the "parking" - no good excuse availible... This was my first "real" race, and I'll do better next time...

No hard feelings and it's not my intend to scare you away from clubraces:). Hope to see you do more races here at RD. We have all been new here at some point;)

I had a great battle with @led00m throughout the race, we traded places lap after lap. I had the speed through the lesmos but the Huracan would beat me down the straight every time.

Was a great battle wasnt it @Turk ! Great racing with some fair rubbing but thats racing eh :p Shame you made that mistake!

I know some incidents happened in the race today. Most of them were completely avoidable and were caused due to lack of experience (completely understandable;)).
So I would suggest taking a look at this video to get some idea on how to behave on track. I will make a more in depth video about lapping and being lapped.

Looking forward to see you guys again on next races!

Was a great battle wasnt it @Turk ! Great racing with some fair rubbing but thats racing eh :p Shame you made that mistake!
I was surprised how close we raced, for so long, without much contact or mistakes. Looking at the results there was pretty high consistency throughout the field. Lots of pressure from behind, there was always a car in the mirror ready to pounce on any mistakes.

@Geof I watched the replay. I think this one goes to my tab :thumbsdown:

Next one on yours? :whistling::D

And I really should have waited for you... :notworthy:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years