AC GT3 @ Monza Friday 28th November 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sign me up please, is there much diffence between the cars?
Lotus has no ABS, is slower than the rest on straights, but most agile.
SLS is fastest on straights
12C is the most stable
Z4 has good acceleration and cornering

Imo, I think if ABS was enabled rather than factory then the Lotus would have a chance, otherwise with no ABS it's pointless to include it. It's far slower on straights and needs much more attention for braking.

IMO there shouldn't be any extra rules about cutting, in Spa for example there were a couple of spots you could "illegally" cut and not get a penalty like Eau Rouge. Why should we now make extra rules when we haven't had them before and nobody complained? I mean, we all have the possibility to cut so it's not really unfair in any way. Because just trusting that people won't cut anywhere is rather unreliable... Though if others agree with Simon, then it's fine to have extra rules, and I'll go with them.
I have done some races and in the replay i have seen corner cutting that made people very fast. I think its okay to remember people about RD's cutting rules. I doubt if i address a fellow racer that cuts corners, but from my own standpoint of integrity im sure i wont cut to be quicker. If it happens its a brake incident.

By the way, in real life if a GT 3 car would race the track like in Tobias's vid. Would that cause structural damage to the car? I mean, slamming those sausages cant be good for the suspension and steering rack.

This video that Tobias has posted is of your 1:46.5 lap. That is with 5 sec penalty on. With 5 sec penalty off I don't know where else you go cutting and do this 1:45.8, but we are talking about the 2 wheels insider or on white line as a limit of the road (that means tarmac), which then makes any 46 beyond impossible (no cutting inside orange sausage curbs either bcos u need to keep inside wheels on tarmac). Low 47 on soft tires is also highly suspicious. Edit: I barely managed a 47 at all with soft tires and sls is only marginally quicker. Also stability control is not allowed unlike the RSR.

Thank you Simon for acting quick and adressing the potential problem.
I know it's a lot of work, but you guys have a great reputation. :)

It is not "my 1:46:5 lap". It's just one lap of mine. Last Corner alone is about 0,2s behind the maximum. In SLS 1:47:X should be possible with Medium / 25l fuel.

@Boby Kim : In 30 lap race 100%

Can all crap racers like me have stability on please? :):whistling: Promise I won't bounce over the curbs. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back