AC GT3 @ Le Mans - Sunday 20th September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race everyone! From my perspective, the quali was one of the best quali laps I've ever done, so I was really happy with that. The lap was pretty much perfect except for maybe some hesitation in S3.

The race went pretty well, a couple of silly mistakes but nothing too costly. I was not quite sure how close it was going to be to the 15/16 lap boundary, so ended up fuelling for 16 laps, although it wasn't necessary in the end.

@Aksu got an absolutely lightning start, which shocked me :D The last two times we were at Le Mans everything went wrong for me in the first lap, so I was pretty careful getting by this time, and then just tried to check out of the slipstream in sector 3 by being a bit brave. Thankfully it paid off and I broke the slipstream, which helped a lot.

Massive congrats to @Luca Badin on his first podium! I was watching all the way through on realtime, your pace and consistency was great, well deserved :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for coming out! I'll post this week's event tomorrow: not sure if I'll be able to attend myself or not, if not, the honourable @Medilloni has kindly offered to help out. :inlove:

Last edited:
Well that was a struggle. I was waiting for this track, but I didn’t have time to practice before today and this track really needs time to make a setup. Car didn’t feel stable and I made couple really bad +10sec mistakes.. After these mistakes @640er got ahead of me and I really tried to catch him, but didn’t quite made it :D Nice driving mate! And congrats @Luca Badin for the P2!!

Last edited:
What a race really enjoyed that, qualified 8th not bad for me, so sorry to whoever was behind me at the start of the race, the car was reving up fine...changed gear to pull away and nothing the pedal stopped working pushed it down again a few more times and it finally went after causing a pile up behind me, lost it on the next bend and went back down to last place :(
Managed to get back upto 7th but another stupid spin and i went down to 9th and had a great little battle with @HTIDRaver2k8 and @Morne Du Plooy
Thanks for organising the event @Chris Down

Last edited:
Bad day at black rock.
OIP.jpg

Punted first lap, punted second lap, punted myself off fourth lap.:O_o:
by then all hope had bled away.:(
But enjoyed my racing with everyone:)

What a race really enjoyed that, qualified 8th not bad for me, so sorry to whoever was behind me at the start of the race, the car was reving up fine...changed gear to pull away and nothing the pedal stopped working pushed it down again a few more times and it finally went after causing a pile up behind me, lost it on the next bend and went back down to last place :(
Managed to get back upto 7th but another stupid spin and i went down to 9th and had a great little battle with @HTIDRaver2k8 and @Morne Du Plooy
Thanks for organising the event @Chris Down
It was a good battle indeed, although I completely balls'd up my pit strategy. Ended up having to reverse out of my pit box and back in as I forgot to put new tires on, then ended up double fueling myself.

Could have maybe squeaked 6th or 7th if I hadn't made such a rookie error.

However, started from the back and finished 8th, I'll take it :)

Thanks for the kind words, guys - I don't think I'm going to get another podium anytime soon, so I'll try to remember them when I return to barely making top 10 :ninja: .

I guess tonight it really came down to consistency, though I was massively helped by the fact that my setup from last time was already perfect, and that I already knew the track well enough. Started P4, got up to P3 immediately and from then on it was mostly trying to nail lap after lap, didn't honestly expect Aki to have tyre issues so getting P2 at all, without much fighting even, was a bit of a surprise.

Too bad we didn't get to fight a bit, Andreas and Miika - we could have had some great slipstream battles in our three different cars. Next time for sure, unless either of you runs away with it :cautious:

Nice race. I like LeMans for having those straights were you can relax a bit. Qualified 7th and managed to gain a place in the first turns. Then @pattikins passed me on the straight. I could follow surprisingly but I focused too much on him because in Tertre Rouge he spun and I couldn't avoid him. I had to let a lot of cars pass before I could safely return. I think I was 14th or so. I had a lot of fun catching up and overtaking and was again 7th behind @HTIDRaver2k8 when I made my pitstop. Out again I was in front of Thys (what happened?) and for the rest of the race I was cruising in no man's land with no other car in sight. Seeing the lap times of the cars in front I wouldn't have done better without the incident in lap two.

Thanks all for racing and @Chris Down for organizing. And congratulations for @Luca Badin who drove the other R8 with good pace and astonishing consistency. Great driving!

Last edited:
so sorry to whoever was behind me at the start of the race, the car was reving up fine...

No worries, I was just surprised nothing moved in front of me. Dropped down from 10 to last, but managed to get back after the first 2 or 3 laps.

Had a really nice battle with @Morne Du Plooy the entire first stint. Unfortunately, I spun out directly after my pit stop. Battling back to 11th and spun again 4 freaking minutes before the end. Finished 15th... better luck next time maybe.

No worries, I was just surprised nothing moved in front of me. Dropped down from 10 to last, but managed to get back after the first 2 or 3 laps.

Had a really nice battle with @Morne Du Plooy the entire first stint. Unfortunately, I spun out directly after my pit stop. Battling back to 11th and spun again 4 freaking minutes before the end. Finished 15th... better luck next time maybe.

Yeah man, it was a great battle. Stoked I actually matched some pace with you guys after not having any time for practice! I was sure I was going to get left behind! . Luckily it was a long race so had plenty of practice! Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Next week we're at another classic: the Nürburgring. Come join us for 60 minutes of racing action!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back