AC GT3 @ Le Mans - Sun 17 Feb 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It was probably the first pit box... One needs to practice pitting or your going to get a penalty, everyone who doesn't does practice. You have to be pretty close or under 80 when that pit board window opens up (the one you get when your in the pits)!

Thanks for the organizing / running the race and other drivers!
Actually, AC doesn't penalize for speeding in the pits. I always just blast in at full speed and when I hit the speedlimit line, I clutch in to stop the game from slowing me down as much.

Well I enjoyed it very much, several battles along the way, I really felt for @pattikins we were battling for most of the race and he ran out of fuel just before the finish line.

I put 126 litres of fuel in to the car, but I didn't factor in my unplanned excursions. With a few improvements to VR, I think I could've got out of the car and pushed it over the finish line.

Actually, AC doesn't penalize for speeding in the pits. I always just blast in at full speed and when I hit the speedlimit line, I clutch in to stop the game from slowing me down as much.

Good to know Enzo, thanks. You were really fast and the funny thing is even your name sounds fast! :D
Why did you have to retire halfway through?

Good to know Enzo, thanks. You were really fast and the funny thing is even your name sounds fast! :D
Why did you have to retire halfway through?
Because Fanatec builds really good pedals, but ruins it with cheap Chinese circuitboards. My throttle was going up to a maximum of 80-85%, replugging the USB didn't work.

i quite like this idea, but i would not want it to scare off the fastest drivers. they are an important part of race departments GT3 series. At the moment they disappear of into their mini race at the front of the
field, baring mistakes, it ends up as a time trial.
It would be interesting to watch them work their way through some of the field; To deal with overtaking a dozen drivers with no real performance advantage, would make for a good driver and spectator spectacle.
I know how difficult it is to overtake with a small performance difference? not easy, especially if
you multiply that by a dozen drivers.

On balance, i would from a personal point of view, not do that.
:)

i quite like this idea, but i would not want it to scare off the fastest drivers. they are an important part of race departments GT3 series. At the moment they disappear of into their mini race at the front of the
field, baring mistakes, it ends up as a time trial.
It would be interesting to watch them work their way through some of the field; To deal with overtaking a dozen drivers with no real performance advantage, would make for a good driver and spectator spectacle.
I know how difficult it is to overtake with a small performance difference? not easy, especially if
you multiply that by a dozen drivers.

On balance, i would from a personal point of view, not do that.
:)
I'm happy to start from the back this Sunday, I can't catch Aki anyways unless I practice more. ;)
Is that what you're suggesting or are you suggesting we start from the back with ballast and engine restrictions?

However, there has been a discussion about this in the past: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dispensing-with-the-sandbags.146032/

I'm happy to start from the back this Sunday,

I personally do see a problem with this. Beginner drivers that often join us, would be even more nervous, knowing that a much faster driver is behind them. You are greatly increasing the chance of an incident and I feel a beginner driver would be far more less likely join the event.

I have see it so often, a front runner driver makes a mistake and spins of ..he is now going to do one or two things, quit, or try his hardest to make his way back into the top five. So now he is moving as fast as he can, through a field of drivers that do not poses he experience, again the chances of an incident have increased.

But I would be happy to hear from beginner and intermediate drivers giving there opinions, these events are for you guys, so if I am wrong, I am happy to implement almost anything.

With regards to ballast (weight) I personally would not get any satisfaction from passing a driver that had be given ballast ..

Last edited:
But I would be happy to hear from beginner and intermediate drivers giving there opinions.
I'd rather not. The thread I linked was exactly that and it derailed. I have since stopped doing it, partly because of the reasons the 'slower' people gave, partly because starting from the back usually means 2 or 3 laps of racing and then ending up in no man's land again.

I shouldn't have brought the topic up.

This is one of the reason why I like three or four very fast drivers in an event (even more if poss) so they have some competition themselves. The rest of the field would have there battles, but I am sure, there main aim is to become one of the very fast drivers...your lap times show the slower drivers (like myself) what can be achieved with lots of practice for some.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%