AC GT3 @ Le Mans - Saturday 21st August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I am not sure what you are going to gain from that, you have everything you need in the Assetto setup menus. There is or should be no magic to it, just a balacing act of aero and mechanical changes with the stop watch and drive ability, ie can get a reliable lapping car.
Motor sport mainly concentrates on trying to find its way around the rules with the other teams eagle eyeing their every move. Cheating if you like, it has always been rife in motor sport, right up to the point that if a team is fielding the obvious fastest cars, other teams immediately want to know what cheat they have that gets passed the scrutineering.
I knew someone that not only was a very quick racing driver but he was exceptional at car physics, working for a well known major car brand, he designed their suspension.
He said to me the first rule of setting up a car is, there are no rules, I think you have to take that, not quite literary , but it is in the real world very true. So looking at data from the real world has many factors involved, and almost no use to you or me.
in our sim world there are mathematical constraints that we have to work with, but to some small degree it is true for the sim world as well.
Enzo gets the vast amount of performance from his excellent driving skills, if for one moment I thought it was setup I can assure that I would put hundreds of hours into all the combinations.
I would also, cannot prove it, but guess there is very litttle difference between his Lamborghini setup and mine. ( lap time )
I can almost guarantee his set up is no quicker than mine, what is difference is the driver, the Rotter.:(
One proviso to that is he may, probably, have a car that is a tad more unstable, which he is able to drive, I could not. the Rotter.:D:D

He said to me the first rule of setting up a car is, there are no rules, I think you have to take that, not quite literary , but it is in the real world very true.
This reminds me of one specific scene from the movie Ford vs. Ferrari when they talked about putting wooden wedges in the suspension. Just to remove them after the official check to lower the ride hight even further.
Also in real life racing teams are always on the edge if not a step over to whats legal or not.

This reminds me of one specific scene from the movie Ford vs. Ferrari when they talked about putting wooden wedges in the suspension. Just to remove them after the official check to lower the ride hight even further.
Also in real life racing teams are always on the edge if not a step over to whats legal or not.
Reminds me of the 1995 Toyota GT4 rally car. Had an ingenuous turbo restrictor plate that looked legal when dismantled, but when the jubilee clip that held the hose on was tightened it allowed an air gap around the restrictor. Gave an estimated 50bhp that saw off the Subaru challenge until Toyota got found and and banned for the next season.

Reminds me of the 1995 Toyota GT4 rally car. Had an ingenuous turbo restrictor plate that looked legal when dismantled, but when the jubilee clip that held the hose on was tightened it allowed an air gap around the restrictor. Gave an estimated 50bhp that saw off the Subaru challenge until Toyota got found and and banned for the next season.
Here's a video explaining it in a bit more detail:

And this is an interesting one too:

And then there's Smokey Yunick in NASCAR who just couldn't stop bending the rules! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%